By Specter Mitcher
Hi everyone!

I just recently commissioned with an artisan for a 1989 (GB2) pack build and have some questions that hopefully a few knowledgeable folk will be able to help with.

First, does anyone have any advice on speaker selection? The pack builder says they've been able to put a driver as large as a 6x9" into their packs before...so I have been looking around for higher-end models that have a high sensitivity rating (meaning, they get loud without needing a load of power). I came upon the Focal ICU 690...and after extensive browsing, I think this might be the best choice. Open to any suggestions or advice on that, because I really want this pack to have a big wow-factor in how it sounds.

Second, I noticed that the newer packs in GB canon (Afterlife and Frozen Empire), including the Haslab pack, seem to add one variation or another of strain relief to the splitless loom connecting the pack to the wand, right where it exits the pack. Not that it seems like it would need it otherwise...but it might look cool and even reduce wear to the loom hose where it's floating around in that hole at the bottom of the pack. Even if it's just one of the short/stubby nylon ones. Has anyone ever added a strain relief to their packs, there? What is the OD of that loom hose, typically? My only worry with adding that on, is that it will make the loom hose "hang" way out to the right like it does on the Haslab pack (which is an aesthetic I don't care for).

Thanks in advance!
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

So, I have a Matty trap I've retired with the Two […]

Oh my...this will be interesting...

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]