Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By One time
I found this somewhere. It's a cool interpretation of an alternate universe Ghostbusters down to the original characters:

Starring: John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy, Harold Ramis, John Candy and Paul Reubens

ccv66 liked this
By WCat2000
I just recently found out what AI art is. I think it's really cool but it depends on the program and coding. This is good quality even if there's minor errors. Some truly amazing art can be made with it though.

Anyway cool concept. I just don't really like "Evil" Stay Puft.
By One time
This is around 20% AI art and 80% photoshop. You can't just ask midjourney or dream.ai to "give me a movie poster on Dan Aykroy's original GB idea". AI is good, but it isn't a GB fan.
By WCat2000
Well you can’t always tell what’s photoshop and AI. I’ve made that mistake before.
One time liked this
By ccv66
Might as well swap out Harold Ramis for Chevy Chase.

A.i. is already making South Park episodes . I'm sure in the next decade we'll see A.I. movies of old scripts, alternate casting , some new real Ghostbusters episodes
By Kingpin
ccv66 wrote: October 18th, 2023, 9:10 pm I'm sure in the next decade we'll see A.I. movies of old scripts, alternate casting , some new real Ghostbusters episodes
I doubt we'll see new episodes of The Real Ghostbusters or alternate versions of the movie with the increase in use of A.I.
We'll continue to see fan creations, but using the actor likenesses or voices would still require their permission, or their estate's permission, and some may not be willing to play ball.

Plus I'm concerned about how much photographic and art content that's been made by fans is being gobbled up without permission by these AI progams to produce their results.
zeta otaku, ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
It's definitely going to be illegal and unmoral, but it's going to happen. Your going to see fan creation A.I. movies. Probably mostly Star wars. It's going to get messy. There's so much bootlegs , modding and jailbreaking stuff now, it's only going to get worse with A.I.

If there was a good A.i. generated Ghostbusters Hellbent, I don't know if I have enough willpower not to watch it
By One time
Anyone know what Dan’s original (first) story was actually called?

Ghostsmashers
Ghostblasters
Ghoststoppers

I know it wasn’t Ghostbreakers as incorrectly assumed in a few media.

I also heard that he lost the original script. Is there any truth that people know about this?
By mrmichaelt
One time wrote:Anyone know what Dan’s original (first) story was actually called?

Ghostsmashers
Ghostblasters
Ghoststoppers

I know it wasn’t Ghostbreakers as incorrectly assumed in a few media.
The original script was called Ghost Smashers. There a few sources. The '99 DVD's insert (lists the scenes), there's some text on the side "Ghostbusters started as Ghost Smashers..."

Correct, "The Ghost Breakers" was just one of the classic movies Aykroyd used for inspiration when he was crafting the story.

When Thom Enriquez was hired on June 2, 1983, the movie's title was Ghost Chasers. On June 17, it was changed back to Ghost Busters. (A Convenient Parallel Dimension: How Ghostbusters Slimed Us Forever, p. 26)

Then from the Bts Ghostbusters commercial video, we know they filmed it on October 27, 1983 and did several takes saying "Ghostbusters", "Ghoststoppers", and "Ghostblasters" likely as a contingency.

According to Joe Medjuck, it was only 4 weeks into shooting before the name Ghostbusters could be legally used. As a contingency, three different signs were also made up for the carpenter to hang up but the only other serious alternate was Ghoststoppers. (Making Ghostbusters page 50 annotation).

One time wrote:I also heard that he lost the original script. Is there any truth that people know about this?
It's true. On July 17, 2016, in an interview, Ivan Reitman admitted he and Aykroyd talked about mining some ideas for future projects but couldn't find his and Aykroyd's copy of the script. Here's Ivan's quote, "We talked about it. But Aykroyd's original 70 or 80 page thing is missing...It’s sad. I was looking for it in my archives and I couldn't find it, and I said, 'Danny, I can't find it. Do you have it?' And he said, 'I got it. I got it somewhere.' He comes back a month later, and he says, 'I checked, I checked the big bin. I couldn't find it.' And I said, 'Jesus, how did we lose it?'...I went to see if CAA had it because that was the agency that represented both of us, and it'd be great to look at it again because Dan and I remember it differently now. I said to him recently, 'It took place in outer space,' and he said, 'No it didn't.' I said, 'Yes, it did. It took place in outer space and there were lots of different Ghostbusters.' And I actually brought forth a couple of different men like our mutual lawyer who had read that early draft, and he said, 'It was in outer space and there were lots of different Ghostbusters.' So you see how all great mythologies get debated as time passes. But, yes, I do think there's a remarkable opportunity. Many of the things that we sort of talked about in the going into business story of the first movie will play out sooner than you'd expect."
https://web.archive.org/web/20160719131 ... ostbusters

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]