Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
I know it's not popular, but I think this is my favorite GB movie. Everyone I talk to calls it "the girl one" with some not so subtle distaste.
I'm no film critic, I just like what I like. But I feel like the the updated take is modern and funny. I love the bright colorful design of the ghosts. The equipment is super cool and kind of feels more thought out and plausible. I don't love the new Ecto, but I get a kick out of how they got it.
And all the girls are so funny!
What do you guys think? I mean, sure, it's not the original, what is...
Alphagaia liked this
I like it too. The scenes with Kevin make me laugh just thinking about them. Perfect movie? Maybe not, but no where near as bad as some would make it out to be. Like what you like and don’t let anyone take that away from you.
deadderek wrote: August 2nd, 2023, 7:38 pm Favorite? Nope.

But I'll watch it once or twice a year.
I use to do that. Almost like I was trying to force myself to like it. I went a long time without watching it and watched it again a few months ago(which I wrote about in a separate thread). I’d hoped maybe time would provide some distance. It’s happened before to movies I’ve not been keen on initially. The opposite happened. It was then I realized I pretty much hated the movie & that I don’t need to see it ever again.

It’s weird how caught up we can get in these fictional universes. Especially the behind the scenes stuff. My thinking in rewatching it was I had so much built up anger and disappointment that this was the movie that was made after being promised and teased a GB3 for decades. Harold passed away and suddenly it’s reboot time. Maybe that was colouring my impression of the movie, which isn’t fair. So now that we have a quasi sequel in Afterlife, maybe I could make my peace and find what others have. Didn’t happen.

I made my peace with the movie & realizing I hated it was almost like an emotional enlightenment. I could let go. It’s just a movie I hate. It joined the ranks of other movies I hate like The amazing spider man 2, X-Men 3, Crash etc
OBSIDIAN liked this
It’s my wife’s favourite, and I have a number of fans I know in real life for whom it reigns supreme. The first remains my favourite, but I’m with Alpha on this one - I hold ATC and GB2 about equal.
Last edited by robbritton on August 4th, 2023, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia liked this

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]