Hi people,
Been a while since I was last here, but I have decided to build myself another GB1 proton pack after selling my first one 10 years ago.
This time I am going for a lot more aluminum on my build as my first felt like carrying a small car on my back. The pack is almost finished so I am getting to the point of needing a thrower.
Hoping to get some recommendations of people who are still producing aluminium throwers please, it seems like some of the makers have hung up their tools since I was last looking.

Thank you,
Mick
ccv66 liked this
By JWils23
Unfortunately at the moment aluminum throwers are hard to come by. The main two making them currently are Chris (CPU64) and RJ (Freeky Geeky). If you’ve seen Chris’ sale thread on here you can see his wait list is miles long. RJ stopped taking orders maybe 6(ish) months ago in order to get caught up and revamp how he produces things to try and be more efficient. For reference my first thrower from RJ took 2.5 years to get, granted much of that was Covid related delays along with him becoming a new dad so totally understandable. I put in another order this time last year and last he and I talked I was still a ways away on the build table. He does post additional parts on his website as he works though the old orders however, so it’s possible you could piecemeal a thrower together that way.
https://www.shopfreekygeeky.net/emporium

I think there are some builders in Europe who are putting out throwers, however I’d lean on our friends Stuart or Toby from across the pond to weigh in on that as I don’t want to misspeak about that.
By ccv66
I have an aluminum thrower I'd probably sell , it's not painted, just parts. I believe its a freeky geeky. I'd have to look but should have everything for it including gbfans wand light kit.

I was planning on putting it together this summer and selling it when mack factory offers their wand, but I'm sure that's a long ways away and going to be super expensive. I'd be okay selling it now

If you can't find another wand, send me a pm. Not sure what I want for it, fair market value.
By Kingpin
ccv66 wrote: April 14th, 2023, 4:42 pm I have an aluminum thrower I'd probably sell , it's not painted, just parts. I believe its a freeky geeky. I'd have to look but should have everything for it including gbfans wand light kit.

I was planning on putting it together this summer and selling it when mack factory offers their wand, but I'm sure that's a long ways away and going to be super expensive. I'd be okay selling it now

If you can't find another wand, send me a pm. Not sure what I want for it, fair market value.
Please purchase a Supporting Membership if you're looking to sell your thrower through the forum, it is a requirement.
By ccv66
Kingpin wrote: April 15th, 2023, 1:22 am
ccv66 wrote: April 14th, 2023, 4:42 pm I have an aluminum thrower I'd probably sell , it's not painted, just parts. I believe its a freeky geeky. I'd have to look but should have everything for it including gbfans wand light kit.

Please purchase a Supporting Membership if you're looking to sell your thrower through the forum, it is a requirement.
10-4
Sorry I thought membership was if I was producing something to sell for profit. If ended up selling anything , I'll buy the supporting membership first
By Mirandajoye
ccv66 wrote: April 17th, 2023, 6:55 pm
Kingpin wrote: April 15th, 2023, 1:22 am

Please purchase a Supporting Membership if you're looking to sell your thrower through the forum, it is a p=183917#p183917]requirement[/url]. Drift Boss
10-4
Sorry I thought membership was if I was producing something to sell for profit. If ended up selling anything , I'll buy the supporting membership first
I used to think the same thing about membership

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]