Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Bison256
As a thought experiment, assuming the back ground introduced in Afterlife is true to the Sanctum of Slime(Ghostbusters 20/20) universe how would they deal with the effects of Shandors machinations in Summerville?

I'd like to think they'd detect the pke surge ahead of time, but if they don't they're going to have to deal with Gozer. Which raises the question what does Gozer actually do? Sit on her throne causing ghosts to manifest in the town?

Bonus question, does that version of Egon have a better relationship with Callie?
Considering how resourceful the junior team was in tapping into the local power grid on the fly and trapping what, a Class 7, in the IDW canon like Gozer, I suspect they would have easily captured Gozer in a similar manner. However, one thing that Burnham seemed to be seeding was back in the 101 mini, Kylie prime referred to research that suggested there was only one Gozer and it was a unique multiversal being. She believed if Gozer did appear in Dimension 80-C, it would only be an echo. In theory, if Gozer showed up in Dimension 50-S, it would be a weak echo as well and a bit of a pushover.

Though on the other hand, the return of Gozer was seeded at the end of Volume 2 when Tiamat banished Gozer's consciousness to another dimension and mused in time would gather its strength back. So there is the chance Gozer would resurface in one of these parallel dimensions rather than the prime one.

Either way, thanks to the experience of meeting the various Ghostbusters, Egon and Ray 50-S probably got inspired to create their own version of a Megatrap or some Trap keyed to trapping a god level entity and once Gozer showed up in Summerville, probably would have been an easy gig. Unless they got there too late, and Gozer invoked the town to choose a Destructor form.

Hmm, I think the notion is sadly no matter what Egon is focused on ghostbusting and preventing the end of the world so the same outcome with Callie growing up bittter would probably happen. But in 50-S, with Egon not dying in Summerville and therefore Callie not inheriting property, they would likely not have met at all and she'd still be in Chicago with Phoebe and Trevor and thus no reconciliation between the two would occur.
I thought 50-S's history included the video game's events. Infact isn't it identical up to the main IDW universe until the events of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters? So if so elderly Egon and Ray remember the trap they built to catch gozers stay puff form in 1991 and could build a new one. The Gozer echos are a fascinating idea I wish could have been explored more.

You're probably right about 50-s Egon's relationship with his Callie. But in afterlife she's shown to know more about the Ghostbusters they she lets on. So her 50-s version might have a slightly different relationship with her father. Since that Egon didn't run off to Oklahoma in the mid to late 90s.
Last edited by Bison256 on January 29th, 2023, 4:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bison256 wrote:I thought 50-S's history included the video game's events. Infact isn't it identical up to the main IDW universe until the events of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters? So if so elderly Egon and Ray remember the trap they built to catch gozers stay puff form in 1991 and could build a new one. The Gozer echos are a fascinating idea I wish could have been explored more.
It's implied but pretty much. I think it was the Crossing Over card that said 50-S is the closest to the IDW Prime's own dimension in terms of history.

It was a neat idea but I don't think anyone was interested in even more Gozer in the comics.

Bison256 wrote:You're probably right about 50-s Egon's relationship with his Callie. But in afterlife she's shown to know more about the Ghostbusters they she lets on. So her 50-s version might have a slightly different relationship with her father. Since that Egon didn't run off to Oklahoma in the mid to late 90s.
It certainly would have been interesting in the IDW prime dimension because of the presence of a branch of Ghostbusters in Chicago and I think if she did appear, she would have been around 16 or so. Teens. And if that aspect was kept from Afterlife, IDW Egon would still be keeping tabs on her as well. Maybe even had Rookie help with that.
By joezlo
All I'm going to ay is this:

Burnham would've made Afterlife weave beautifully into IDW Prime-verse.

I still can't believe he hasn't been asked to do something, anything for Ghost Corps! (At least publicly, post IDW cancellation)

He and Schoening deserve more kudos/credit for what they accomplished.

NUFF SAID
joezlo wrote:All I'm going to ay is this:

I still can't believe he hasn't been asked to do something, anything for Ghost Corps! (At least publicly, post IDW cancellation)

NUFF SAID
Well said. Before Ghostbusters Afterlife the Ongoing Ghostbusters Comic by IDW was the greatest thing to come from the franchise. I am going to miss IDW having the IP, but I am so thankful that they took the comic as far as they did. :):):)
Kingpin liked this
joezlo wrote: January 31st, 2023, 10:07 am All I'm going to ay is this:

NUFF SAID
Actually, Burnham helped write the in character parts of the Ghostbusters Cookbook.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]