Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Face Forward wrote: January 15th, 2023, 2:42 pm It seems specifically designed as a hiding spot for an upgraded battery pack
I'm not sure it's quite big enough.

I'm about to pull out my pack but I'd only eyeball it at 3.75" tall by about 3" wide.

The only meaningful always-on battery pack I can find that size is the Voltaic V25 6400 mAh.

The cases I've seen with a Talentcell had to remove the back of the storage compartment and keep the battery cells in the pack itself with a little hanging out through the storage compartment for access. And the cyclotron switch can be moved there.

There's plenty of room inside the pack for batteries in various places. But not in the storage compartment itself. Like I say, the back of the compartment comes off which allows you to access things inside the motherboard through it.

From the sounds of it, going off John Warden's interview with Adam Savage, a lot of things about the pack didn't have one clear intent behind them. They just thought people would mod it or use it in various ways they'd never considered.

In 5-10 years, I'm sure there will be higher capacity battery packs that fit in there. Right now, it's smaller capacity.

I think they mainly just saw it as a place to keep spare D batteries, minipufts, or a wallet. The size was kind of dictated for them.
supershale wrote: January 15th, 2023, 2:15 pm Anyone know what this door in the energy cell is about? Couldn't find any mention when searching for door.
It's a concealed compartment, something you can potentially store stuff in when you're wearing the Pack at a convention. :)
TobinsGuide wrote: January 15th, 2023, 3:13 pm
Face Forward wrote: January 15th, 2023, 2:42 pm It seems specifically designed as a hiding spot for an upgraded battery pack
I don't have mine yet so i can't check the size but I'll take your word on it. I have loads of mods in mind, so I'm sure I'll find a use for it!
Face Forward wrote: January 15th, 2023, 3:21 pm
TobinsGuide wrote: January 15th, 2023, 3:13 pm

I don't have mine yet so i can't check the size but I'll take your word on it. I have loads of mods in mind, so I'm sure I'll find a use for it!
Just played mine with a bit and measured it. It's roughly 4" x 3" x 1". It actually goes a bit deeper but is 1" at the shallowest part.
jonogunn wrote: January 15th, 2023, 11:38 pm Seeing a video of someone wearing the pack I can see the stiff hose connector sticking so far out to the right to be a problem. Looks odd too. That may be something that needs to be modded
The sleeve is glued to the connector, but only a single patch. It's obviously a permanent change, but easy to cut off and is clean behind:
gamera1968 liked this
No, leaving as is.
But should be easy enough to slide on something more accurate (assuming adequate width); the widest part of the connector is 35mm, steps down to ~27mm (didn’t measure before wrapping with tape).
Nighty80 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 3:49 am No, leaving as is.
But should be easy enough to slide on something more accurate (assuming adequate width); the widest part of the connector is 35mm, steps down to ~27mm (didn’t measure before wrapping with tape).
And after removing it does the hose droop and bend the way a normal split loom should?
It’s definitely a lot better, however the 3 bends from when it was packaged still tend to dictate the way it wants to go:
That said, it’s much more flexible and easier to get through doorways etc. It even sits on the stand a bit better.
jonogunn liked this
Nighty80 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 4:05 am It’s definitely a lot better, however the 3 bends from when it was packaged still tend to dictate the way it wants to go:
That said, it’s much more flexible and easier to get through doorways etc. It even sits on the stand a bit better.
The D shape you have here puts strain on the construction of the wand and connector. I’d recommend an S shape (top of wand hose goes to left). That puts 0 strain and I believe is the screen accurate way.

PS: did you clean the weathering on the ribbon? Yours looks a lot less weathered than all the packs I saw
Nighty80 liked this
UEF wrote: January 16th, 2023, 5:34 am What wand grips are you using there Nighty?
The rear is “Spengler’s wand rear grip gap filler” from Etsy, wrapped in black electrical tape. (I think the model is also on Thingiverse if you have access to a 3d printer).
The front is wrapped with racket grip tape from Amazon (the stuff with piping), then over-wrapped in black tape to match the rear.

My original idea for the front grip was that in this configuration it’s ambidextrous, as I’m left handed. But I’ve since retrained myself to operate the wand right handed, so will probably cut out the shotgun grip and replace with a better one. We’ll see :)
Last edited by Nighty80 on January 16th, 2023, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
One time wrote: January 16th, 2023, 6:36 am
Nighty80 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 4:05 am It’s definitely a lot better, however the 3 bends from when it was packaged still tend to dictate the way it wants to go:
The D shape you have here puts strain on the construction of the wand and connector. I’d recommend an S shape (top of wand hose goes to left). That puts 0 strain and I believe is the screen accurate way.

PS: did you clean the weathering on the ribbon? Yours looks a lot less weathered than all the packs I saw
Thanks for the tip, I’ll give it a go.
Yeah I cleaned it up, way to much weathering for my taste
trekgod3 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 7:37 am
jonogunn wrote: January 16th, 2023, 7:23 am Been wondering where are all the pics of people wearing the pack??? Y’all shy or something
There's a half dozen Haslab groups on Facebook. Pics are there
Ah guess that’s why. I’m not on those. GBFANS 4 LYFE!
Nighty80 liked this
One time wrote: January 16th, 2023, 6:36 am The D shape you have here puts strain on the construction of the wand and connector. I’d recommend an S shape (top of wand hose goes to left). That puts 0 strain and I believe is the screen accurate way.
Agree it’s more accurate but I must be missing something; whatever I do to produce a rough S shape, it seems to increase strain and twists the hose out at weird(-er) angles. The hose also gets in the way when I draw the wand (over the top of my wrist). I think the way the connectors are keyed is limiting my options, but will keep playing. Any tips?
Anyone here have a Haslab pack and Nylon Strain Relief Fitting CF07AA-BK? I'm looking to completely replace the data cable, and wondering if the plug on the cyclotron is the right size to accept this. Also I know about the flexo and spiral wrap, but am struggling to see what the cables inside should be. Has anyone figured out the correct number of cables and colors? I'm colorblind so forgive me if the colors seems like a stupid question.
Dragonfire82877 wrote: January 15th, 2023, 2:17 pm
Mac1701 wrote: January 15th, 2023, 11:47 am Finally went from “label created” to “in transit”. I noticed that the weight is only 5.1 lbs. Any one else experience this? Sure I’m worrying about nothing.

On a side note: really enjoying everybody’s contributions to this thread! Thank you all! :love:
Mine finally shipped out Friday afternoon. Tracking shows it at 5.1 lbs as well. From what I’ve seen others say, the 5.1 was just a place holder until the package was actually shipped. Looks as though the system didn’t update the package weight to 30+ pounds.
Same here, still listed at 5.1 lbs
gamera1968 liked this
jonogunn wrote: January 16th, 2023, 7:42 am
trekgod3 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 7:37 am

There's a half dozen Haslab groups on Facebook. Pics are there
Ah guess that’s why. I’m not on those. GBFANS 4 LYFE!
Sadly forums are nowhere near as popular as they used to be.
Nighty80 liked this
If you don't mind my asking, what did you use to clean the ribbon cable? I kinda like how it looks cleaned up.
I would have used isopropyl alcohol, but turns out you can only buy that online here in the UK, and I was impatient lol
I ended up using electrical contact cleaner on a cloth - and lots of elbow grease.
Apparently it more or less wipes off with cellulose paint thinners, but am unsure if this risks damaging/weakening the insulation.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]