Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
timeware wrote: January 17th, 2023, 12:07 pm Anyone get their shipping notice after delivery? Lol. If Hasbro does another project like this better communication would help.
Yes actually .
dantonvfx wrote: January 18th, 2023, 12:57 pm Has anyone disocvered how to remove the Silver weathering wihtout damaging the pack paint? There are some really bulkier and big weatherings I want to remove or reduce...

Someone on youtube said a magic eraser or even paint thinner.
I'll be giving my pack a few coats of flat black and then a little weathering.
jonogunn liked this
Despite none of the wires being disconnected on my pack Slimer just roared right behind my ears and scared me half to death, so cheers for that Hasbro!
gamera1968, Kieron W liked this
Here is a tip to attaching to an ALICE frame:

Wrap the clamps in stretchy black electrical tape. It prevents scratches on the pack, makes for a better connection and enables better vibrations from the motor through the frame.

Check my channel for many more tips and tricks videos for the Hasbro Collider Pack

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6gHWu ... eYvuCL9lzw
jonogunn, gamera1968 liked this
Hello, Internet.

I posted a re-introduction for myself over in the General Discussion thread (check it out), but the gist is I've been away from the prop/GB community for 15 years...since the GB Props/Proptopia days. I got my Hasbro pack yesterday and decided get an account going again.

Here's a music video/demo I made last night (featuring my favorite song from any of the movies). Also featured: My old Rhett Martin/Hotshot/Hotshotdraw pack and some Matty Collector guest appearances.

Last edited by Egon’s_Contraption on January 18th, 2023, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamera1968, One time liked this
So I had a thought today. There are many posts about folks who are thinking of putting rechargeable lithium ion battery in their Hasbro packs. Isn't there a deleted scene from the first movie where Egon plugs a proton pack into a wall with a standard plug? Would it be possible to wire in a standard wall plug like the type seen in the deleted scene into the recharging circuitry for a Lithium ion battery?
Egon’s_Contraption wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:09 pm Also, what's a guy got to do to embed a YouTube video? I'm striking out here.
[youtube]string of letters and numbers at end of YT link[/youtube]

In your case: krNl2RqWPBU

The code doesn't work if you use a link that is set to a timestamp in the video. Like you had you link at "&t=28s" - that would not work with the youtube code here.
GhostFaceX wrote: January 18th, 2023, 8:03 am
Ryusui wrote:Has anyone else had their shoulder strap tri glide snap? 😓
Included straps or separate alice frame?
Included straps.

GhostFaceX wrote: January 18th, 2023, 12:34 pm Don’t forget to move that top red cord to go over
The black loom
Unfortunately, the red cable is too short to go over the loom.

One time wrote: January 18th, 2023, 1:48 pm Here is a tip to attaching to an ALICE frame:

Wrap the clamps in stretchy black electrical tape. It prevents scratches on the pack, makes for a better connection and enables better vibrations from the motor through the frame.
Important safety tip! Thanks, One time!

Egon’s_Contraption wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:09 pm Hello, Internet.
Hey! I didn't know MatPat was a Ghosthead! 😂
mrmichaelt wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:59 pm
Egon’s_Contraption wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:09 pm Also, what's a guy got to do to embed a YouTube video? I'm striking out here.
[youtube]string of letters and numbers at end of YT link[/youtube]

In your case: krNl2RqWPBU

The code doesn't work if you use a link that is set to a timestamp in the video. Like you had you link at "&t=28s" - that would not work with the youtube code here.
Thanks. It magically showed up. There must have been a delay of refresh issue.
Spectregater wrote: January 18th, 2023, 9:55 am So it looks like it should be super easy to make an aluminum or wood motherboard. Just trace around the plastic one and mark off and use the same screw hole locations.
I was actually considering just getting a sheet of textured ABS plastic, cutting to size and affixing to the back with hex screws. Covers the holes, and is removable when you need to get to things.
To-do list for my HasLab pack arriving tomorrow:

Insert rechargeable D-cell batteries. (EBL D-cells 10,000mAh w/charger from Amazon)
Remove all stock hoses and the ribbon cable to replace with authentic replacements.

Solder an aux cable to the speaker connections inside after removing the motherboard.
That will be connected to an external Bluetooth speaker zip-tied to the ALICE frame and hidden behind the kidney pad.
(EDUPLINK Bluetooth Speaker w/Aux input from Amazon) Tutorial here:

Repaint entire pack w/ Rust-oleum 2 X Flat Black once everything is removed. (at least 3 coats)
(the stock color of the packs seem to be anthracite gray w/metallic flaking)

Dry brush light weathering w/ metallic aluminum craft paint from Michael's.
Diffuse the LED lights on the cyclotron w/ round bicycle reflectors.
Repaint my Haslab neutrona wand and then add proper front and rear grips.
Last edited by gamera1968 on January 19th, 2023, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonogunn wrote:Is this normal?

I got my notice from FedEx 2 days ago saying that my 2 packages wilil arrive this Friday.
Today 1of 2 arrived.

Notice online still says will arrive tomorrow. So they basically only gave me notice on one of them but not the other?
That's logistics for ya.

(but yeah, that's common for carriers like FedEx and UPS)
jonogunn, kahuna900 liked this
SUPER STOKED! Mine is showing "Out for delivery"! My genuine U.S. Army surplus LC-1 pack and frame arrived yesterday complete with sand, dust, worn paint, and rust weathering pre-applied! Perfect timing, and saves me the trouble of doing it myself! :D This is going to be an exciting day!!
kahuna900 liked this
Mine finally arrived today and I'm thankful that my housemate was home to sign for me.
I've been at work since 8 AM and I'm tearing that box open as soon as I get home at 4PM.
I have a full weekend ahead of me to do all the mods I had mentioned before. :D
Got my air hose to replace the awful ridged one on the wire loom. To get the frayed ends i had to get a hole of the wire loop inside and pull it out and snip it off. its sandwiched between the fabric and a rubber layer inside. You need to keep 22 rings in tact before the ends.

Of course I’m now finding this doesn’t fit over the Hasbro loom or a standard loom, so I might have tk find a way around that.

Last edited by Talyn on January 20th, 2023, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One time wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:04 am
DevGameDev wrote: January 14th, 2023, 6:11 pmImage

Comparison shot.
A bit confused. The thread on your bolts seem to be smaller than the Hasbro ones. How does it work?
Apologies! This was a WIP pic as I was testing the results. The final Haslab-compatible screw dimensions were listed here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 0&range=A1
Does anyone know of a decent display case to put one of these packs in? I've seen people recommend this on facebook :

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/fabrikoer- ... 8/#content

Its meant to fit the pack on the stand with the ALICE frame installed, the hose however has to stay detached from the pack and the top shelf has to come out, but I've also seen people in the same comments state the pack won't fit at all which is pretty confusing. Going by what i've read this case is pretty commonly used to fit packs in, anyone on here tried putting the hasbro pack with stand and frame installed inside one of these and what were the results?
Well, this is annoying. Mine shuts off after 35 seconds when the wand is on. It shuts off after about 3 minutes when I disconnect the wand.

I’ll try changing the batteries, but I did not keep the thing on for an exorbitant amount of time the day before last when I got it. The batteries are (or were) new.

If it’s the case that the pack just sucks the juice out of batteries, I understand why there’s a five minute shut off.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]