Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Well, after waiting all day for my delivery, two of the three packs showed up and didn't even require a signature... :eyeroll:

As everyone else has said, this thing is a beauty! I already changed out the hideous yellow shroud that came stock, but other than that the thing looks pretty damn good from the get go. After watching Adam Savage's mod video, I plan on doing a few more but not much. Added the ALICE frame and wand and I still can't believe that it's finally here!

Spectregater wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:33 am Definitely need to fix how the pack sits on an alice frame. Should be squared up. The top shouldn't rest against the pack.

That was my first concern when I installed the ALICE frame, but after quickly throwing on a foam pad I think it actually looks pretty good. I'm sure as people get their hands on these, there will be all sorts of cool mods available. :cool:

I will be painting the little brackets black though!

kahuna900 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:52 am
Spectregater wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:33 am Definitely need to fix how the pack sits on an alice frame. Should be squared up. The top shouldn't rest against the pack.

That was my first concern when I installed the ALICE frame, but after quickly throwing on a foam pad I think it actually looks pretty good. I'm sure as people get their hands on these, there will be all sorts of cool mods available. :cool:

That looks nice!!

What did you used for the Foam pad?
The gap between the pack and the wearer has already intrigue me since I was a kid so I do hope there will be some easy to install mods.

Unrelated question. In Adam Savage's video did he rub off Hasbro's weathering before putting on his own? He doesn't say or show it explicitly but it looks like it was removed before applying his own.
dantonvfx wrote: January 12th, 2023, 12:03 pm
kahuna900 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:52 amThat was my first concern when I installed the ALICE frame, but after quickly throwing on a foam pad I think it actually looks pretty good. I'm sure as people get their hands on these, there will be all sorts of cool mods available. :cool:

That looks nice!!

What did you used for the Foam pad?

It's just some 2.5 inch pipe insulation I had lying around the house. I'm heading to the hardware store at lunch to get some gaffer's tape to cover the foam.
Just got the email from Hasbro that my pack has "left the building," but FedEx tracking hasn't updated yet.
Getting more and more excited!
Edit: Literally seconds after I hit "Post," tracking updated for delivery on Sunday!
Come on FedEx, don't pull any of your usual shanagins & deliver on time!
SpaceBallz liked this
The email has been received. Packs are on the way. Tuesday seems to be the big day for our household. Happy to report that both packs (the one my wife ordered and my own) will arrive at the same time. There would have been marital strife if that was not the case and one was asked to wait on the other.
jonogunn wrote: January 12th, 2023, 12:04 pm The gap between the pack and the wearer has already intrigue me since I was a kid so I do hope there will be some easy to install mods.

Unrelated question. In Adam Savage's video did he rub off Hasbro's weathering before putting on his own? He doesn't say or show it explicitly but it looks like it was removed before applying his own.
I have the same question!! And wondered if I missed anything. When he compares his version witht he stock one... its clear that the stock weathering is different. He also mentiones it how the stock was too chunky. SO I wonder if he just got a special one weathere dwith more care... or if he just rmeoved the weathering. In that case.. HOW THE HELL did he did it>????
dantonvfx wrote: January 12th, 2023, 1:49 pm
jonogunn wrote: January 12th, 2023, 12:04 pm The gap between the pack and the wearer has already intrigue me since I was a kid so I do hope there will be some easy to install mods.

I have the same question!! And wondered if I missed anything. When he compares his version witht he stock one... its clear that the stock weathering is different. He also mentiones it how the stock was too chunky. SO I wonder if he just got a special one weathere dwith more care... or if he just rmeoved the weathering. In that case.. HOW THE HELL did he did it>????
Probably a rubdown with 91% isopropyl alcohol. You don't want to use too stringent stuff on plastic. That with a little high grit sandpaper should remove most decals or paint from plastic and if it doesn't then you paint black over it.
Received my shipping email today, and was frankly shocked . . . . Will be delivered next Tuesday . . . several months in advance! Damn, wasn't ready for them yet! Wonder what the box dimensions are, I have to find a place to put them! Anyone know what the shipping box dimensions are for the proton pack?
Received my pack earlier today and it's fantastic!

Made some quick mods already. Replaced the yellow sleeve like most mentioned. Also did the Adam Savage trick of applying some copper tape to the "copper parts" and reversed the twist in the ribbon cable to match the screen used one.

For the ALICE frame, I only used one of the brackets and the two main screws on the bottom. I made a spacer using some plastic caps that go on the end of furniture for hardwood floors and black duct tape. This allows me to attach the frame without that weird angle and having the neck pad squish against the back of the pack.

Only thing left I'm planning to do is apply the colored electrical tape and maybe replace the clippard valve with an R-331 I ordered.

Overall, SUPER happy with this purchase and hope everyone gets the same joy that I did!

jonogunn liked this
Nighty80 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:09 am Sorry if this has already been answered, but does anyone know how best to remove the scuba hose sleeve thing from the loom? (And is it loom underneath, all the way to the connector?)
If anyone has already done it, I'd love to see pics.

Cheers :)

Many more tips and tricks videos on this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6gHWu ... eYvuCL9lzw

Ectojeff88 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 1:18 pm Maybe I missed it somewhere but is there an exact sizing and vendor options for the yellow green mesh cable cover?
https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic. ... s#p4976138

TobinsGuide wrote: January 12th, 2023, 2:54 pm
dantonvfx wrote: January 12th, 2023, 1:49 pm

Probably a rubdown with 91% isopropyl alcohol. You don't want to use too stringent stuff on plastic. That with a little high grit sandpaper should remove most decals or paint from plastic and if it doesn't then you paint black over it.
>90% alcohol does not work on the pack (like it does on the wand)
-The stickers are easy to just peel off
Nighty80 liked this
mtrixman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 4:00 pm Received my pack earlier today and it's fantastic!

Made some quick mods already. Replaced the yellow sleeve like most mentioned. Also did the Adam Savage trick of applying some copper tape to the "copper parts" and reversed the twist in the ribbon cable to match the screen used one.

For the ALICE frame, I only used one of the brackets and the two main screws on the bottom. I made a spacer using some plastic caps that go on the end of furniture for hardwood floors and black duct tape. This allows me to attach the frame without that weird angle and having the neck pad squish against the back of the pack.

Only thing left I'm planning to do is apply the colored electrical tape and maybe replace the clippard valve with an R-331 I ordered.

Overall, SUPER happy with this purchase and hope everyone gets the same joy that I did!
Did you use a bracket that wasn't intended for the top middle area in order to fit the spacer in?
One time wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:12 pm
Ectojeff88 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 1:18 pm Maybe I missed it somewhere but is there an exact sizing and vendor options for the yellow green mesh cable cover?
The one listed in that topic is sold out or just doens't show up on the website anymore, only the regular Neon Yellow withotu black strip.
I only used the tallest bracket they provided. I believe it's supposed to towards the bottom middle of the pack but I used it on the very top. The height ends up being about the same as the two big screws and spacers on the bottom of the pack

Hope this helps!
jonogunn wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:15 pm
mtrixman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 4:00 pm Received my pack earlier today and it's fantastic!

Did you use a bracket that wasn't intended for the top middle area in order to fit the spacer in?
mtrixman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:54 pm I only used the tallest bracket they provided. I believe it's supposed to towards the bottom middle of the pack but I used it on the very top. The height ends up being about the same as the two big screws and spacers on the bottom of the pack

Hope this helps!
jonogunn wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:15 pm

And you feel the integrity is fine with less brackets?
jonogunn wrote: January 12th, 2023, 6:07 pm
mtrixman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:54 pm I only used the tallest bracket they provided. I believe it's supposed to towards the bottom middle of the pack but I used it on the very top. The height ends up being about the same as the two big screws and spacers on the bottom of the pack

Hope this helps!

And you feel the integrity is fine with less brackets?
Would be awesome to see more in detail pictures of every single attatching/supporting point

And my Hasbro Pulse app is asking me to update version, if not, it closes... Sadly In Canada there is no official app so i can't update. I had to find an apkg on internet to install it manually. Anyone else in canada knows how to get the app in a legit way, or has the latest version?
dantonvfx wrote: January 12th, 2023, 6:52 pm And my Hasbro Pulse app is asking me to update version, if not, it closes... Sadly In Canada there is no official app so i can't update. I had to find an apkg on internet to install it manually. Anyone else in canada knows how to get the app in a legit way, or has the latest version?
Just login through a web browser.

The app crashes a lot -- especially during peak usage events -- and the website lets you search orders by keyword and updates delivery date more reliably.

The only real perk to the app is Selfie Series, which you can't order from in Canada anyway.
One time wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:14 pm
Nighty80 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:09 am Sorry if this has already been answered, but does anyone know how best to remove the scuba hose sleeve thing from the loom? (And is it loom underneath, all the way to the connector?)
If anyone has already done it, I'd love to see pics.

Cheers :)

Many more tips and tricks videos on this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6gHWu ... eYvuCL9lzw

TobinsGuide wrote: January 12th, 2023, 2:54 pm

>90% alcohol does not work on the pack (like it does on the wand)
-The stickers are easy to just peel off
Thanks One time, but I meant the one on the pack end of the wand loom.
It’s definitely a separate piece and I think it’s only attached at the connector end (there is some movement/stretch of the loom within). I’ve given it a decent pull and it won’t shift, I suspect it’ll need cutting to get it off - but can’t tell if this will expose anything ‘bad’. Hoping someone else has already taken the plunge lol
Yes I've removed it. You need to remove the cyclotron innards then take all the screws off the back (two go into the sticky out tube things in the middle). There are about 15 screws to remove.

Then once inside the ribbon cable and two loom things (one sheathed, one without) are screwed into the same 3-hole retainer. Remove all cables from that, and re-turn the ribbon cable in the right direction and refit to the retainer.

Worth doing all this before you then remove the old straps and put the frame on .
Nighty80 liked this
2 of the 3 packs arrived and my lord is it a beaut!!!
The photos and videos you have seen so far do not do this thing justice. I have my own scratch built pack, and my girlfriend has a fully modded and custom Spirit pack, and we are in awe of the HasLab one!
(In case you were wondering what pure joy looks like…)
Alphagaia, jonogunn, shifty02 and 1 others liked this
UEF wrote: January 13th, 2023, 3:47 am Yes I've removed it. You need to remove the cyclotron innards then take all the screws off the back (two go into the sticky out tube things in the middle). There are about 15 screws to remove.

Then once inside the ribbon cable and two loom things (one sheathed, one without) are screwed into the same 3-hole retainer. Remove all cables from that, and re-turn the ribbon cable in the right direction and refit to the retainer.

Worth doing all this before you then remove the old straps and put the frame on .
Cheers UEF, and apologies, I should have included a pic as I’m not describing it very well

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]