I'm ordering the last wave of parts tonight after work, then I'll be starting on this journey as soon as I have everything in hand. Idk if anyone plans to mount their speakers to the mobo, but danny redman and eriwan kenblomi over in the haslab proton pack modders Group on Facebook have been in the works of haslab aluminum mobo overlays and replacements, with D cell battery boxes or speaker cutout holes. I went ahead and placed an order for one with speaker holes as I plan to have this as my everyday use pack. They won't ship out til probably next month, but definitely worth the investment, especially if you don't want to mess with the 16-17 screws to get the haslab stock mobo off. And like I said they're doing overlays too, so if you want to keep the stock mobo, but want the aluminum overlay to cover the stock mobo strap holes, they've got you covered. No I'm not paid to say this, I just figured if anyone is interested I'd put it out there.

https://redmanstudioworkshop.com/produc ... -pack-mobo

If not allowed I'll edit.
Luca Pasin wrote: February 16th, 2023, 3:53 am dear gpstar,

i'm Luca from Italy, first of all i would like to congratulate you on the amazing job you are doing.
I would like to know if you plan to create a kit or otherwise share everything you've done up to now as for the previous modifications.
I would also like to suggest some changes to you which I outline below:

add a switch that disable video game mode (in my opinion it's completely wrong in this pack/gun)
add 2 red led (explained in the photo)
add a red fire button (explained in the photo)
add a feature that sometimes disables the ribbon cable button when it powers up the gun
add a white led that flasing during fire (to be inserted into the tip of the acrylic tube)
when overheat, the bargraph don't blink but step down from full to completly off
overheat only when fire the red added button
different sound of fire between red and black fire button (some sound in the link below)
different sound of end fire depending on the time of fire (some sound in the link below)
pressing both fire buttons enable cross the streams sound and the fire light become total white (some sound in the link below)
changing the colors of fire dependin on bargraph:
2 steps red and flashing blue
4 steps orange and flasing blue
5 steps yellow and flashing blue
cross the streams total white

at this link, there are some sound
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e5rybt8g ... w9mhz7ua9j

I hope that the sounds I have shared can be useful to you and to all those who want to modify their equipment

Have a nice day

Luca
Hi Luca,

I am starting work on this 84 style wand support, quick question , is it really red leds under the 2 orange hat lights? Or not orange or yellow ones under them?

Meanwhile I have been running my pack hours on end over the last 2 weeks, everything seems stable and solid. JustinDustin is taking his out to an event this weekend for a field test. If all goes well, then I am thinking of making the GitHub page public in a few days after working on some more documentation.
Hi gpstar!!

the led near the red switch is red in all films
the led up the bargraph is red for afterlife and warm white for gb1/gb2

do you replace the bargraph in this wand?
probably, if this wand become more "screen accurate" whit all the real functions like the 2 working firing switch, all the leds, ecc. probably can be a good idea to give the possibility to change the sound between GB1/2 an Afterlife (i mean just the wand power sound)

if i can help more, i'm here!!

have a nice day
Luca Pasin wrote: March 11th, 2023, 9:53 am Hi gpstar!!

the led near the red switch is red in all films
the led up the bargraph is red for afterlife and warm white for gb1/gb2

do you replace the bargraph in this wand?
probably, if this wand become more "screen accurate" whit all the real functions like the 2 working firing switch, all the leds, ecc. probably can be a good idea to give the possibility to change the sound between GB1/2 an Afterlife (i mean just the wand power sound)

if i can help more, i'm here!!

have a nice day
Hmm in the films I see orange lens there. So to confirm, orange lens but with a red led in it? GB2 looks like a white lens on the top of the instead of a orange one.

As for the bargraph, yes I am looking into adding the 28 LED bargraph into this 84 special wand build.

gpstar, you have take the only scene in gb1 whit the red lens, if you see after or before this particular scene, all the guns have "milk" lens and if u see, for example, spengler GB2 pack, have milk lens, only in afterlife the lens is alwais red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5qulZYBS4s&t=192s at 2:55 is red, all other minutes it's milk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi0EvLEmun8 milk lens here
Luca Pasin wrote: March 11th, 2023, 2:09 pm gpstar, you have take the only scene in gb1 whit the red lens, if you see after or before this particular scene, all the guns have "milk" lens and if u see, for example, spengler GB2 pack, have milk lens, only in afterlife the lens is alwais red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5qulZYBS4s&t=192s at 2:55 is red, all other minutes it's milk

Hmm ok upon further investigation,

https://www.gbfans.com/equipment/proton ... at-lights/

Always an orange one at the front next to the red button, then white / translucent on top next to the vent . So put a red LED in both of these?
gpstar wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:00 pm
Luca Pasin wrote: March 11th, 2023, 2:09 pm gpstar, you have take the only scene in gb1 whit the red lens, if you see after or before this particular scene, all the guns have "milk" lens and if u see, for example, spengler GB2 pack, have milk lens, only in afterlife the lens is alwais red

Always an orange one at the front next to the red button, then white / translucent on top next to the vent . So put a red LED in both of these?
first of all forgive me for my english, i'll try to explain a little more but i'm using a translator because some terms i don't know so if something is wrong or unclear let me know, i'll try to explain it differently

1- Always an orange hat at the front next to the red button with a red led, in the fil it was actually not a red led but a red bulb. the bulb turned on when shooting as a reference to make it clear if the flash of the shot had been activated, this served to make the director understand if the effect had occurred and therefore the scene was fine.
in no film the proton pack overheated, this thing was only seen in the video game, this added a possible function to this light, which now, in addition to turning on during the shot, starts flashing when it gets close to overheating.

2- the hat on top, next to the vent, are translucent in GB1/2 and video game, red in afterlife (even in a small appearance in GB1 where a gun with a red hat is seen, this gun has no decals and is different from the ones seen in all the other scenes).
this light is probably warm white in GB1/2 and red in afterlife, only in the video game is this light seen on and is warm white.
probably in the movies it was used for decorative purposes only and I don't think it has any function.
as for the other light, this also made sense thanks to the video game, I think it is correct that it turns on when the proton pack overheats

in summary,
red led always near the red button
warm white GB1/2 and TVG, red in afterlife next to the vent
Luca Pasin wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:29 pm
gpstar wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:00 pm

first of all forgive me for my english, i'll try to explain a little more but i'm using a translator because some terms i don't know so if something is wrong or unclear let me know, i'll try to explain it differently

1- Always an orange hat at the front next to the red button with a red led, in the fil it was actually not a red led but a red bulb. the bulb turned on when shooting as a reference to make it clear if the flash of the shot had been activated, this served to make the director understand if the effect had occurred and therefore the scene was fine.
in no film the proton pack overheated, this thing was only seen in the video game, this added a possible function to this light, which now, in addition to turning on during the shot, starts flashing when it gets close to overheating.

2- the hat on top, next to the vent, are translucent in GB1/2 and video game, red in afterlife (even in a small appearance in GB1 where a gun with a red hat is seen, this gun has no decals and is different from the ones seen in all the other scenes).
this light is probably warm white in GB1/2 and red in afterlife, only in the video game is this light seen on and is warm white.
probably in the movies it was used for decorative purposes only and I don't think it has any function.
as for the other light, this also made sense thanks to the video game, I think it is correct that it turns on when the proton pack overheats

in summary,
Ok I understand. Red led in the front under the orange hat.

Red led on the top under the white hat as per your photo.
jonogunn wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:30 pm Isn’t the orange hat light next to tip a solid piece on the Hasbro? It’s not translucent enough to put a light under it right?
I am going to replace it with an orange hat, with a red led in it. It is just a soft rubbery cover with a switch underneath. The one on the top of the wand near the vent is solid. That one I will cut out and put a white hat with a red led in it.
gpstar wrote: March 11th, 2023, 4:03 pm
jonogunn wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:30 pm Isn’t the orange hat light next to tip a solid piece on the Hasbro? It’s not translucent enough to put a light under it right?
I am going to replace it with an orange hat, with a red led in it. It is just a soft rubbery cover with a switch underneath. The one on the top of the wand near the vent is solid. That one I will cut out and put a white hat with a red led in it.
Also if you have pics/instructions on installing the accurate acrylic tube I’d love to see that. Is it from gbfans?
jonogunn wrote: March 11th, 2023, 11:47 pm
gpstar wrote: March 11th, 2023, 4:03 pm

Also if you have pics/instructions on installing the accurate acrylic tube I’d love to see that. Is it from gbfans?
Yes it is a gbfans tube. I will have photos and instructions on this optional wand setup on the project page eventually.
jonogunn liked this
gpstar wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:55 pm
Luca Pasin wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:29 pm

in summary,

if can help.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzqIqh7472s this is my proton pack whit the mighty microcontroller and some modification on it that i have done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2-M9b5Mycc&t=86s this is my matty wand modified

another think is, if u whant to replace the transparent hat on hasbro wand (at the left of the clippard) whit the correct milky one, you can use the transparent one to replace the fake hat near the went, is not 100% accurate but it's not bad (and you can put unther that the led you want! red for afterlife, warm white for GB1/2 whitout hat color interference)
Luca Pasin wrote: March 12th, 2023, 3:12 am
gpstar wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:55 pm

if can help.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzqIqh7472s this is my proton pack whit the mighty microcontroller and some modification on it that i have done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2-M9b5Mycc&t=86s this is my matty wand modified

another think is, if u whant to replace the transparent hat on hasbro wand (at the left of the clippard) whit the correct milky one, you can use the transparent one to replace the fake hat near the went, is not 100% accurate but it's not bad (and you can put unther that the led you want! red for afterlife, warm white for GB1/2 whitout hat color interference)
No issues with the hats, I have a few of orange and whites. I guess people can put whatever colours they want, but I understand now, red led under both hats.

As for the LED at the wand tip you requested, I was thinking of using a flash bulb and cutting it open and putting a white LED inside? It is not possible to chain off the existing LED strip as there is no out connections on the last LED. I was thinking of reusing the Hasbro 5 LED strip inside a gbfans tube, then feed 2 additional wires through the inner white tube that Hasbro uses to the white LED at the tip of the wand inside a flash bulb.

gpstar wrote: March 12th, 2023, 7:06 am
Luca Pasin wrote: March 12th, 2023, 3:12 am

if can help.....

No issues with the hats, I have a few of orange and whites. I guess people can put whatever colours they want, but I understand now, red led under both hats.

As for the LED at the wand tip you requested, I was thinking of using a flash bulb and cutting it open and putting a white LED inside? It is not possible to chain off the existing LED strip as there is no out connections on the last LED. I was thinking of reusing the Hasbro 5 LED strip inside a gbfans tube, then feed 2 additional wires through the inner white tube that Hasbro uses to the white LED at the tip of the wand inside a flash bulb.

i know is not possible to chain with the existing hasbro led bar, for me, the better way is to add an ultra bright white led, probably a 5 mm wide angle work great. if you can do a strobo effect or a strobo effect whit some pause like "1,1,1,0,1,1,0,1,1,1,0,1,0,1,1,0,loop" 1 is flash, 0 is pause will work great
Luca Pasin wrote: March 12th, 2023, 9:47 am
gpstar wrote: March 12th, 2023, 7:06 am

i know is not possible to chain with the existing hasbro led bar, for me, the better way is to add an ultra bright white led, probably a 5 mm wide angle work great. if you can do a strobo effect or a strobo effect whit some pause like "1,1,1,0,1,1,0,1,1,1,0,1,0,1,1,0,loop" 1 is flash, 0 is pause will work great
I was thinking of putting a standard 5mm led diode into the flash bulb, but if you have another idea for a LED type, let me know.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

a 5mm flat top wide angle ultra bright wite probably is the best choice

like this: https://www.amazon.com/500pcs-5mm-Angle ... B00JEGVSE8 (just for example)

to power this led, i suggest you to replace the original 3 cable flat with a 5 cable flat (better if it's light grey) and run the 2 more cable on top of the led bar and fix the led at the end of the bar.
something like this
gpstar liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Luca Pasin wrote: March 12th, 2023, 11:35 am a 5mm flat top wide angle ultra bright wite probably is the best choice

like this: https://www.amazon.com/500pcs-5mm-Angle ... B00JEGVSE8 (just for example)

to power this led, i suggest you to replace the original 3 cable flat with a 5 cable flat (better if it's light grey) and run the 2 more cable on top of the led bar and fix the led at the end of the bar.
something like this
Ok. I will use a wide angle flat top white led.
Luca Pasin liked this
I just recently attended an event with my pack which worked perfectly, and gpstar and I have been doing some long-running tests with our respective packs to ensure they remain issue-free for hours at a time. It's looking like a public release is on the horizon with these results.

Here is a walkthrough of how my pack works and some of the expected features:
Peeno, jonogunn, Yanks1023 and 1 others liked this
JustinDustin wrote: March 14th, 2023, 11:00 am I just recently attended an event with my pack which worked perfectly, and gpstar and I have been doing some long-running tests with our respective packs to ensure they remain issue-free for hours at a time. It's looking like a public release is on the horizon with these results.

This is fantastic work congrats to both of you! I look forward to tackling this mod!

Question Justin. Will the finished instructions include the 3D printed powercell panel if you have for the switches, the green flexible breather on the hose? Is the tacobelli cyclotron replacement more of your own preference and we can just use the stock one?
jonogunn wrote: March 14th, 2023, 12:45 pm
JustinDustin wrote: March 14th, 2023, 11:00 am I just recently attended an event with my pack which worked perfectly, and gpstar and I have been doing some long-running tests with our respective packs to ensure they remain issue-free for hours at a time. It's looking like a public release is on the horizon with these results.

This is fantastic work congrats to both of you! I look forward to tackling this mod!

Question Justin. Will the finished instructions include the 3D printed powercell panel if you have for the switches, the green flexible breather on the hose? Is the tacobelli cyclotron replacement more of your own preference and we can just use the stock one?
I do not know on the powercell panel stls, I will let JustinDustin answer that one, however there are a few stls included so far such as one for mounting a new rotary encoder switch in the pack crank generator, and a cyclotron inner switch plate to add leds. On the wand side there are a few stls to help with organising the wiring and mounting things.

You can use whatever inner cyclotron that you want. I am actually putting together a quick few stls for one that I hope to include in time, if not I will add it to the repo after it is set public.

So far things seem rock solid, I have been running my pack everyday all day for awhile now.
To echo what gpstar said, any physical mods beyond the electronics are your personal preference. We've both contributed some STL files to help fit some of the new parts for this build into the pack, and there are out-of-the-box solutions suggested for the actual lighting, but in terms of how you mount those items is up to you. My preference was the designs by TacoBelli, as I had already paid for those designs and got to work on printing before I even started on the electronics.

Absolutely incredible! You said you used an Ethernet cable for the connections? How many pins would we actually need if using a regular neutrik type connector? 2x power, 2x audio, and…? Thanks!

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]