gpstar wrote: February 20th, 2023, 11:54 pm
dankramer1138 wrote: February 20th, 2023, 9:29 pm I don't have the wav triggers yet, but I have the rest. I'd like to beta info so I can start looking at the wiring and work out how I want to do my routing and connections.
Ok I just sent you a pm.
I second this. I have everything except the wav boards and they are on order. Id like to take a look as well.
Yanks1023 wrote: February 21st, 2023, 12:11 pm
gpstar wrote: February 20th, 2023, 11:54 pm

Ok I just sent you a pm.
I second this. I have everything except the wav boards and they are on order. Id like to take a look as well.
I am still hashing out instructions, I was hoping that I would have them written up by today but I need another day as it is taking longer than expected to write everything up. So it will be tomorrow for that.

I have my wip code up on github, I will send an invite to you all for that now.
I started building out the hose. I am waiting on a Neutrik connector that was mentioned earlier to arrive that I will try to modify. I am going to start closing up the Pack shell tomorrow. I put together a rough instruction sheet and others are going to attempt a build and test things out now and give feedback, updates, contributions etc. Once I put my pack back together, I will do up an instruction video of the features and how things work. After that I am going to put together a second wand that I have and do a 84/89 only type wand without game effects and do the options that was mentioned by Luca the other day. (cross streams, 2 extra leds, etc etc). I already applied some of his ideas to the existing code, such as different tail end sounds depending on how long you are firing the stream for, etc.

kahuna900 liked this
gpstar wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 9:28 am I started building out the hose. I am waiting on a Neutrik connector that was mentioned earlier to arrive that I will try to modify. I am going to start closing up the Pack shell tomorrow. I put together a rough instruction sheet and others are going to attempt a build and test things out now and give feedback, updates, contributions etc. Once I put my pack back together, I will do up an instruction video of the features and how things work. After that I am going to put together a second wand that I have and do a 84/89 only type wand without game effects and do the options that was mentioned by Luca the other day. (cross streams, 2 extra leds, etc etc). I already applied some of his ideas to the existing code, such as different tail end sounds depending on how long you are firing the stream for, etc.

Dude, your work both amazes and terrifies me! :)
gpstar, Peeno liked this
lonerthx wrote: February 16th, 2023, 3:08 am
gpstar wrote: February 15th, 2023, 9:08 am After getting everything else soldered onto it, then I need to figure out trying to mod the Neutrik from a 3pin to a 4pin connector for the hose build. There are probably easier solutions but I will attempt this first before other options.
I was thinking of modding a Neutrik too, and found these, from what I can tell from the technical drawings the insides appear very similar if not identical in structure to the screen used power connectors. So it should simply mean fitting the correct outer shell of the 3 pole over the 4 pole interior and using the matching 4 pole socket.

It should also be suitable for a low voltage solution.

https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/nl4fc
https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/nl4mp-st

ImageImage
So this does work, but it needs just a tiny mod simple mod. There is a plastic stopper molded into them here in the below photo. On the NL4FC it is further up, preventing it from going to full length. So all you need to do is grind down that tab and it will work.
Thank you for sharing all of your work, this has been incredibly useful and educational for me.
I'm hoping you can confirm what kind of LEDs are in the main wand tube? I'm assuming that they are Neopixle / WS2812B type but I haven't have the guts to play around with them myself yet. Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere in this post, I did look but there is a lot of info here.

I'd also really like a link to your github for this project so I can look over the code if you are willing to share.

Thanks!
Neutrontopofit wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 7:19 pm Thank you for sharing all of your work, this has been incredibly useful and educational for me.
I'm hoping you can confirm what kind of LEDs are in the main wand tube? I'm assuming that they are Neopixle / WS2812B type but I haven't have the guts to play around with them myself yet. Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere in this post, I did look but there is a lot of info here.

I'd also really like a link to your github for this project so I can look over the code if you are willing to share.

Thanks!
Yes you are correct, they are a WS2812B NeoPixel type addressable LEDs, which a NeoPixel library like FastLED can control. It also the same for the pack Powercell and Cyclotron LEDs (those are single colour but can still be controlled by the same addressable library)

Send me a private message with your email and I will add you to the repo. I am waiting for some of the testers/contributors to finish there builds of this and give there feedback and contributions etc before it is opened up for all.
Neutrontopofit liked this
Any problems with these resistors? Are these and the previously mentioned black pn2222 transistors all I would need? I'm ordering the parts now, just wanna make sure I get everything I need in one go.

BOJACK 1000 Pcs 25 Values Resistor Kit 1 Ohm-1M Ohm with 5% 1/4W Carbon Film Resistors Assortment https://a.co/d/4ChUmJj
The Joker Buster wrote: February 24th, 2023, 9:42 am Any problems with these resistors? Are these and the previously mentioned black pn2222 transistors all I would need? I'm ordering the parts now, just wanna make sure I get everything I need in one go.

BOJACK 1000 Pcs 25 Values Resistor Kit 1 Ohm-1M Ohm with 5% 1/4W Carbon Film Resistors Assortment https://a.co/d/4ChUmJj
Those resistors are fine. There are more parts (diodes and possibly some capacitors) but testing is underway right now.
On that note, I finally have the pack assembled.

The biggest issue is finding a place to fit the vape pens and pumps. I ended up putting the booster smoke in the battery tray. The spot for the vibration motor is a good place to put a pump or smoke machine but you loose the vibration. Getting a second pump and vape pen for the n-filter later on will be a challenge.

It is late here, I will do a demonstration video tomorrow when I have better lighting to demonstrate how the pack and wand work together and the features.

Demonstration video of the Arduino boards and features in action. With everything closed up in the pack and wand. I am going to run the pack for hours on end all week to see if any problems arise. So far everything is good. Hopefully some of the other testers will have their builds done soon to test as well.

Nighty80, kahuna900, Ecto-1 fan and 4 others liked this
jonogunn wrote: February 25th, 2023, 8:29 pm Question about the inner panel lights. Do we know if that is movie accurate? I don’t think it was shown in the movie…did I miss a deleted scene or something??
You never see them or can make them out in the film to my knowledge. Just photos of the workbench prop on the ghostbusters reference library

https://www.theghostbustersreferencelib ... bench-pack
jonogunn liked this
gpstar wrote: February 26th, 2023, 1:40 am
jonogunn wrote: February 25th, 2023, 8:29 pm Question about the inner panel lights. Do we know if that is movie accurate? I don’t think it was shown in the movie…did I miss a deleted scene or something??
You never see them or can make them out in the film to my knowledge. Just photos of the workbench prop on the ghostbusters reference library

https://www.theghostbustersreferencelib ... bench-pack
I can’t believe I’ve never seen these photos before
gpstar wrote: February 25th, 2023, 9:19 am Demonstration video of the Arduino boards and features in action. With everything closed up in the pack and wand. I am going to run the pack for hours on end all week to see if any problems arise. So far everything is good. Hopefully some of the other testers will have their builds done soon to test as well.
DUDE!!! That’s just awesome! Going to order my parts today!

Sean
gpstar liked this
I just completed a 5 hour longevity test, idling in 1984 mode (pack and wand) (vibration turned off). Everything is working smoothly. Next longevity test tomorrow in 2021 mode. As expected, it barely affected the TalentCell using to power it. The battery percentage status LEDs indicators which show battery life are all still fully lit up (all 5).

SP Productions liked this
gpstar wrote: February 25th, 2023, 9:19 am Demonstration video of the Arduino boards and features in action. With everything closed up in the pack and wand. I am going to run the pack for hours on end all week to see if any problems arise. So far everything is good. Hopefully some of the other testers will have their builds done soon to test as well.

Hey gpstar, Is there a N-Filter Neopixel option to make the light constant during the vent instead of the strobe? If not, could you add that? Thanks!
Last edited by The_Y33TER on March 1st, 2023, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
This, my man, is the absolute dream I've had since I saw the movie as a child. It has carried on with me since I was a ghostbuster as a child and wore the blue pack and the trap that would open with compressed air when you put your foot on the pedal (but broke when the plastic tore). It was with me when I, and my friends all agreed to build our own packs (you really don't want to see them). When I immediately picked to the neutrona wand and when I saw the "kickstarter" for the pack (such a non-brainer), but I wish I bought more than one.

Will you be updating the first post with the completed code/parts list/instructions, or is it sprinkled throughout the message thread?

I'm a dumb dumb when it comes to power usage, watts, voltage, etc, but I can follow directions, I can solder, and I can code (depending on the language).
Yanks1023 liked this
Tebasaki wrote: February 27th, 2023, 9:35 am This, my man, is the absolute dream I've had since I saw the movie as a child. It has carried on with me since I was a ghostbuster as a child and wore the blue pack and the trap that would open with compressed air when you put your foot on the pedal (but broke when the plastic tore). It was with me when I, and my friends all agreed to build our own packs (you really don't want to see them). When I immediately picked to the neutrona wand and when I saw the "kickstarter" for the pack (such a non-brainer), but I wish I bought more than one.

Will you be updating the first post with the completed code/parts list/instructions, or is it sprinkled throughout the message thread?

I'm a dumb dumb when it comes to power usage, watts, voltage, etc, but I can follow directions, I can solder, and I can code (depending on the language).
Yes I will update the first post with a link to the GitHub page for the project (code, parts lists, instructions, schematics etc) when things are ready. I am just putting my pack and wand through it’s paces and other testers and collaborateurs are doing their builds and testing as well.
Tebasaki, roigroigroig liked this
The_Y33TER wrote: February 27th, 2023, 9:34 am

Hey gpstar, Is there a N-Filter Neopixel option to make the light constant during the vent instead of the strobe? If not, could you add that? Thanks!
Didn’t see your reply. Yes I can update it to make the light constant during venting. I will make that change.
The_Y33TER liked this
A quick update in case anybody is wondering.

I have been stress testing the pack and wand all week running them for 6+ hours at time with the Arduino boards, fixed a few bugs here and there. Things are working flawlessly now.

Support for a 35 LED NeoPixel ring has been added for the inner cyclotron. JustinDustin has his pack wired up and he tested it out. I prefer it to the 8 neopixel jewels I put in mine. Both are optional can be toggled between one or the other if one decides to use them.

Added some wand stream updates that Luca mentioned earlier. At higher power levels on the wand the stream changes more red from the yellow / orange. It is a nice little effect. Especially when changing the power mode while you are firing the proton stream.
Short little video... I tried my best to capture the Proton stream colour changes depending on the power level of the wand. I adjust the stream strength while firing with the top rotary knob to show the effect.

Level 1: More orange/yellow. Each step up more red is added to the stream, by level 5 (full power), it is noticeably more red.

Peeno, kahuna900, SP Productions and 1 others liked this

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]