For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By mrmichaelt
Coming out in: Fall 2023
https://ndreams.com/games/ghostbustersvr
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/ques ... 908818706/

First announced on April 20, 2022, the Ghostbusters VR game was revealed during the Meta Quest Gaming Show and a teaser was released. Up to four players can play together in co-op multiplayer but it can also be played by a single user.
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2022/04/20 ... l-trailer/
https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/04/20 ... ighborhood
https://www.roadtovr.com/ghost-busters- ... ouncement/

It will be on Meta Quest and on Playstation VR2.
https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/status ... 7458557952

Senior VP of Virtual Reality for Sony Pictures Entertainment, Jake Zim confirmed the game's story is not about Ghostbusters: Afterlife nor is it a sequel to it. It is a new story and a new concept that ties closely back into elements that fans love about Ghostbuters. In terms of timeline, the story is set in modern day and maybe slightly into the future
https://www.ign.com/articles/ghostbuste ... -interview
Who they gonna call? You!

Strap on your proton pack and Meta Quest 2 and step into the world of Ghostbusters in immersive virtual reality. Run your Ghostbusters HQ in a new city, San Francisco, and unravel a rich mystery in a new chapter for the Ghostbusters universe.

Wield iconic equipment as you track, blast, and trap ghosts in gripping encounters across an extensive and engrossing campaign. Go it alone, or as a team with up to three friends in co-op to defeat a ghastly new threat – the Ghost Lord. Continue the Ghostbusters' legacy, protect the city from fiendish ghosts, and experience all the humor and frights from the beloved franchise.
Single user or up to four player co-op multiplayer. Three supported player modes can be used: sitting, standing, or roomscale. For sitting, a minimum play area of 3 feet by 3 feet and a rotating desk chair are recommended. A minimum play area of 3 feet by 3 feet to take steps are also recommended for standing. For roomscale, a play area of 6.5 feet by 6.5 feet is recommended for a Rift S. On a Rift, apps and games require three Oculus sensors and a play area of at least 6.5 feet by 5 feet is recommended. Genre is "Action, Adventure." Supporting languages are English, Chinese (China), Chinese (Hong Kong), Chinese (Taiwan), French (France), German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish (Argentina), Spanish (Chile), Spanish (Colombia), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Peru), Spanish (Spain), and Spanish (Venezuela). Supported controllers are the Touch Controllers and supported platforms are Quest 2 and Meta Quest Pro. It is rated Teen for Violence and Crude Humor.
Kingpin wrote: October 31st, 2022, 1:36 pmImage

With Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed having caught the attention of ghosthead gamers, it's been easy to forget that there'll be a second Ghostbusters game coming out in the near future.

While details about the newly-christened Ghostbusters VR: Rise of the Ghost Lord remain limited, games company nDreams has confirmed that the game's setting will be San Francisco, that it'll be released on the Meta Quest 2 & PSVR 2, and that it will be due out in 2023.
The story entails a San Francisco team having to solve a deep mystery and stopping "the powerful Ghost Lord and his band of malevolent ghosts from causing chaos." The team's Firehouse and Containment Unit are a cable car station and retrofitted cable car. Their Ecto-1 will be different looking than the classic one. Players will also use a P.K.E. Meter and shoot out a Trap with a retractable device. Sony Pictures VR's Riley Cooper mentioned Jason Reitman was able to play a recent build of the game and gave some direction that the equipment should be "a little bit makeshift, a little bit improvised." A modern version of the Neutrona Wand was imagined, including a side handle. Customization are in terms picking the suit for one of four selectable characters. There will be tethering and overheating. Key art of the team and Ghost Lord were shown along with Mini-Pufts. Missions will have variety. One type of mission is "Exorcism Mode." Another emphasizes the player walking around with the P.K.E. Meter. Another involves retrieving something then the ghosts show up. It will still be four-player co-op, balancing between "investigation and combat.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1639697135

Trailer released.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYGEzkzndFc
Kingpin liked this
By RichardLess
mrmichaelt wrote: December 8th, 2022, 9:32 pm
Kingpin wrote: October 31st, 2022, 1:36 pmImage

With Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed having caught the attention of ghosthead gamers, it's been easy to forget that there'll be a second Ghostbusters game coming out in the near future.

While details about the newly-christened Ghostbusters VR: Rise of the Ghost Lord remain limited, games company nDreams has confirmed that the game's setting will be San Francisco, that it'll be released on the Meta Quest 2 & PSVR 2, and that it will be due out in 2023.
Trailer released.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYGEzkzndFc
God. If only there was a way to use the Spengler Wand and upcoming Haslab pack in conjunction with this. I’d buy a VR set JUST to play it that way and I don’t play video games like ever.

How effing awesome would that be? The Hasbro GB gear works with VR tech so that when you press the fire button, the Vr games responds accordingly. Oh man. I’m getting a nerd erection just thinking of that. There should be like an upgraded version you can buy. How hard would it be? I duno. But who here wouldn’t shell out $$$ for that immersive GB experience?
By mrmichaelt
RichardLess wrote:God. If only there was a way to use the Spengler Wand and upcoming Haslab pack in conjunction with this. I’d buy a VR set JUST to play it that way and I don’t play video games like ever.

How effing awesome would that be? The Hasbro GB gear works with VR tech so that when you press the fire button, the Vr games responds accordingly.
I'm sure it's possible. The prop community is industrious. When Ghostbusters: The Video Game, I'm pretty sure I saw photos/clips of fans who modded throwers to act as controllers for their XBox or PS3s.
By JonXCTrack
Years ago, someone made the Nintendo Wii Controls into a proton pack.

With that said, this Rise of the Ghost Lord game looks clunky and the graphics are terrible. Hard pass for me.
Last edited by Kingpin on December 9th, 2022, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
JonXCTrack wrote: December 9th, 2022, 8:42 am Years ago, someone made the Nintendo Wii Controls into a proton pack.

https://youtu.be/zbmUZ-z7hLk

With that said, this Rise of the Ghost Lord game looks clunky and the graphics are terrible. Hard pass for me.
I feel the graphics all ghostbusters games as of late haven’t been great. 2009’s video game, in my opinion, had the best graphics so far. Everything since looks too cartoony.
One time liked this
By Rookie99
I like a more cartoony/stylized Ghostbusters personally, but I get the complaints. The streams look weird, the equipment designs aren't the strongest, and a lot of the ghosts seem more like plushies.
That said, if the games fun, I can look past a lot of that.
By zeta otaku
Still hate the title. The visuals look okay, but everything feels like "off brand, dollar store" Ghostbusters. I can understand the visuals not being super high quality since the Quest's hardware, while impressive, isn't bleeding edge. It does what it's meant to very well, but it's not a graphical powerhouse BECAUSE of that.

That said, the gameplay looks interesting. When I get a new VR headset, I'll definitely grab this.
jonogunn wrote: December 9th, 2022, 1:57 pm Damn I can't justify buying VR just to play this
To be fair, there's plenty of cool games to play with an Oculus Quest. I've had a Quest 1 since release day, and when the Q2 came out, I upgraded and gifted the Q1 to my Grandson.

There's lots of good games but the one that takes up most of my time is RealVR Fishing, lol.
By mrmichaelt
I'm considering it. But to those who played this type of VR console before, how "safe" was it? I'd be worried about throwing the controller out of my hand by accident and damaging it or the TV or tripping or walking into a wall...
mrmichaelt wrote:I'm considering it. But to those who played this type of VR console before, how "safe" was it? I'd be worried about throwing the controller out of my hand by accident and damaging it or the TV or tripping or walking into a wall...
The controllers have straps that go around your hands so if you let go of a controller it will just dangle from your wrist, but also when you first switch on the headset it asks you to trace a "boundary" around the room (based on where you'll be playing). If you walk too close to one of the edges of this boundary, you'll see passthrough video fade in over the game so you'll know you're about to walk into something.
You basically just need to ensure that the edges aren't too close to anything you might hit with your arms outstretched (eg your TV). It works surprisingly well.
https://i0.wp.com/vrscout.com/wp-conten ... ardian.gif

You may also be able to play this game in a "Stationary Boundary" (eg sitting on the couch and using the controllers to turn/move around) but I don't know for sure if they implemented support for this.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
prodestrian wrote: December 9th, 2022, 7:04 pm The controllers have straps that go around your hands so if you let go of a controller it will just dangle from your wrist, but also when you first switch on the headset it asks you to trace a "boundary" around the room (based on where you'll be playing). If you walk too close to one of the edges of this boundary, you'll see passthrough video fade in over the game so you'll know you're about to walk into something.
You basically just need to ensure that the edges aren't too close to anything you might hit with your arms outstretched (eg your TV). It works surprisingly well.
https://i0.wp.com/vrscout.com/wp-conten ... ardian.gif

You may also be able to play this game in a "Stationary Boundary" (eg sitting on the couch and using the controllers to turn/move around) but I don't know for sure if they implemented support for this.
Good to know. Thanks!

Yeah, on the meta quest page, it says it will be available in 3 modes: sitting, standing, and roomscale/Rift.
By One time
csullivan1980 wrote: December 9th, 2022, 9:09 am
JonXCTrack wrote: December 9th, 2022, 8:42 am Years ago, someone made the Nintendo Wii Controls into a proton pack.

https://youtu.be/zbmUZ-z7hLk

I feel the graphics all ghostbusters games as of late haven’t been great. 2009’s video game, in my opinion, had the best graphics so far. Everything since looks too cartoony.
I agree. Also GBTVG (the realistic, non Wii version) could be played in 3D which was kind of like VR
zeta otaku wrote: June 1st, 2023, 12:34 pm Glad the gear isn't white anymore, but still really not feeling the visuals (or the title) for the game. The story intrigues me though.
I think they pushed it to work on the graphics more, the quest 3 is supposed to be better quality.
Really digging the HQ, and the improvised Containment Unit built into the old street car... Nicely distinct from the New York equipment and office. :)
The Liam Neeson soundalike for the Ghost Lord is a welcome bit of flavour for the character, rather than him having a regular American accent... And even has an Eric Draverhaven-style connection to the guys.
zeta otaku, SpaceBallz liked this
Also a 8:15 roundtable with art director Jack Bromhead

-All about teamwork
-Array of equipment - Proton Pack, Trap, P.K.E. Meter
-All equipment upgradeable, see the upgrade station in the trailer. Mentions a deployable shield and a decoy as upgrades.
-Select from an array of missions
-Earn cash at the end of every mission and buy equipment
-Tie in a lot of the existing Ghostbusters universe into it
-A mission is at Alcatraz
-There's Mini-Pufts that will swarm you
-Looked at Tobin's Spirit Guide and existing IP when developing the ghosts

EDIT: Having seen the trailer, the villain sorta reminds me a lot of Edward Kirilian from Extreme Ghostbusters - Egon's ex-colleague who wanted to enslave ghosts, a bit of Shandor - being involved in construction of places all over the city, a bit of Rowan - Gustav's 'harvestors' seem a bit like Rowan's hyper-ionization devices being planted all over the city and mention of the prophecy when restless souls get revenge on the living, and a dash of Michael Draverhaven from Legion comics - being driven insane and obsessed.

Also, whoever voices Gustav was really channeling Liam Neeson. Guess Gustav gets whammied by Ghost Lord in a smiliar manner Vigo entrances Janosz.

Ok, looks like some famous locations will serve as missions like Chinatown, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz and some newly made places like a Hookfaber factory or mansion.

Surprised the one newspaper reveals the SF branch of Ghostbusters started on November 24, 1994. Most recent headline is November 25, 2022 when Hookfaber's intern Katie Miller has gone missing.
-
jonogunn, Kingpin, ccv66 and 1 others liked this
Oh yeah, and seems like SF has its own 'Podcast' as well. A character named Big T who reports paranormal things on Strange Times Radio like the March of the Malevolent prophecy.
Rookie99 wrote: June 1st, 2023, 11:43 pm Anyone else think the Ghost Lord has a futuristic/robotic feel to them? Feels a bit weird.
Does. And I'd wager they took some inspiration from Prime Evil in the Filmation Ghost Busters.
Rookie99 liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]