It's been less than two months since game studio Illfonic released Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, and while most players will have now completed the game's story campaign, the asymmetrical multiplayer title is still proving enjoyable... And as the birth of a new year approaches, Illfonic has teased some of the new updates to the game's content for 2023: the addition of Muncher from Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and a new map.

Muncher will be joining Ectoplast, Ghouly, Basher, Howler, and Poltergeist as a new class of ghost, largely-in part due to his popularity... With the game studio revealing that Muncher has been the most-requested ghost to be added to the game so far.

Illfonic has also revealed concept art for a new map (which can be viewed in the topic here), Facility, which Design Director Jordan Mathewson has detailed:
"The look that this play space is worn by time gives the players a unique feeling compared to our current job locations (maps). Construction workers are civilians and have begun a restoration of this facility that has uncovered why it was abandoned in the first place. Varied corridors combined with medium-sized rooms are built stacked up to provide a unique, more intimate gameplay experience with a creepier aesthetic. There will be some interesting ways to utilize these new areas in this map to each player's, Ghostbuster or Ghost, advantage. We will share more soon!"

The release dates for Muncher and Facility are yet to be announced, but given Illfonic's intention to release DLC on a quarterly basis, we may see the new material for the game go live early in the new year.
zeta otaku, mrmichaelt liked this
Kingpin wrote: December 7th, 2022, 3:33 amImage

It's been less than two months since game studio Illfonic released Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, and while most players will have now completed the game's story campaign, the asymmetrical multiplayer title is still proving enjoyable bloxd io... And as the birth of a new year approaches, Illfonic has teased some of the new updates to the game's content for 2023: the addition of Muncher from Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and a new map.

Muncher will be joining Ectoplast, Ghouly, Basher, Howler, and Poltergeist as a new class of ghost, largely-in part due to his popularity... With the game studio revealing that Muncher has been the most-requested ghost to be added to the game so far.

Illfonic has also revealed concept art for a new map (which can be viewed in the topic here), Facility, which Design Director Jordan Mathewson has detailed:
"The look that this play space is worn by time gives the players a unique feeling compared to our current job locations (maps). Construction workers are civilians and have begun a restoration of this facility that has uncovered why it was abandoned in the first place. Varied corridors combined with medium-sized rooms are built stacked up to provide a unique, more intimate gameplay experience with a creepier aesthetic. There will be some interesting ways to utilize these new areas in this map to each player's, Ghostbuster or Ghost, advantage. We will share more soon!"

The release dates for Muncher and Facility are yet to be announced, but given Illfonic's intention to release DLC on a quarterly basis, we may see the new material for the game go live early in the new year.
As a big fan of Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, I think this game is an entertaining asymmetrical multiplayer game that’s held back by some probably-fixable balance issues and map wonkiness, but it badly needs more content to keep my interest.
The next DLC will either be this month or next...

I took a couple months off from the game. I just started playing again this week. Definitely feels... off. I feel like tethering should, at minimum, be sped up by half a second and busters definitely need new tools to combat the jump run meta or ghosts need something as incentive to engage a bit more.
zeta otaku wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 10:11 pm The next DLC will either be this month or next...

I took a couple months off from the game. I just started playing again this week. Definitely feels... off. I feel like tethering should, at minimum, be sped up by half a second and busters definitely need new tools to combat the jump run meta or ghosts need something as incentive to engage a bit more.
What you're feeling is a new Tether Resistance mechanic, the more a Ghost gets hit with a Tether, whether it gets created or not without getting captured the greater a bonus they gain to Tether Resistance. Supposedly for a max of about 30 seconds, but in a game that can HINGE on 30 seconds it just feels like a flat bonus to Tether Resistance.
zeta otaku wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 10:11 pm The next DLC will either be this month or next...

Ghost dash needs to be more restricted maybe. Like when a ghost runs out of energy it should severely weaken it and reduce speed for a time.

There should be customisable drudges to unlock, and they should be more effective at haunting, and interact more with the environment. In an ideal world where budget isn't an issue.

Being a Ghostbuster definitely felt more "fun" immediately after the game launched, as in it was possible to solo trap a ghost. I understand the game is balanced better now, but I dare say it's less accessible, because unless you learn all the intricacies and practice you'll likely to just get stomped, irrespective of whether you play as a buster or a ghost.
Currently, drudges don't work as intended. The haunt they're supposed to do doesn't work unless the player/AI ghost is in the room while they're haunting... which is a problem since they drastically increased the amount of time it takes to haunt a location. Solo busting NEVER should have been a thing... well, it shouldn't have been as easy as it was.

I dunno, maybe I'm just burnt out on the game, but the "just run" strategy isn't fun for the busters. While it should be an option, it shouldn't be THE option. Ghosts have ZERO reason to engage with the busters, busters have no way to effectively counter a running ghost. It's been an issue that seems to just get more pronounced with each patch. I dunno, I really still love the game, but I know it still needs improvement and the devs are running out of time as we approach DLC 4.

Part of me is a little hopeful that after official support has ended for the game, we see fan run servers crop up where we can tweak the numbers how we feel they should be.
mrmichaelt, Christof liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]