By RichardLess
Hello. So I just received my Spengler Wand that I ordered last year and it’s truly a thing of beauty, it beats the Matty wand all to hell. It feels hefty and I love the wood shot gun style…thing? Holder? Whatever it’s called. The Matty Wand feels rather cheap compared to this.

But. The orange tip. I didn’t think I’d have a problem with the orange nub. I get the need for it. I supported the decision as a necessary one, and I still do.

And yet…it makes a great looking product look a little cheap. It does. I won’t lie. A small price to pay if it stops a potential life threatening situation or accident, for sure. But since I don’t ever intend to leave my house with this wand and it’s a display item only…

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to make this more movie accurate? Spray paint? I don’t know. I certainly don’t recommend anyone modify their wand if they are going out and about & encourage everyone to be cognizant of the potential problems, however remote they may seem, of removing the orange tip from the wand. But it’s an eyesore. We have this great looking replica and you can’t help but be drawn to that bright orange cap(which is its purpose). But since this is a display piece only..what tricks & tips are available to help remedy this issue?

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
I'd paint the Orange tip with a good silver metallic enamel. I actually like cheap silver acrylic paint for dry brushing. There's TAMIYA Weathering, it's like a dry rub paint, awesome for black, dirt and rust colors. It looks really good and it's super for forgiving. If you screw up you just wipe it off

On my Matty wand I was able to take the tip off and put aluminum hook and cut/glue a tip of a wand tube on. I might try that for Hasbro too.

There's a lot of things I think I might change, but the thing I hate the most is the size difference between where the barrel and housing meet. I'm tempted to change the whole barrel.
By jonogunn
ccv66 wrote: November 30th, 2022, 10:44 pm I'd paint the Orange tip with a good silver metallic enamel. I actually like cheap silver acrylic paint for dry brushing. There's TAMIYA Weathering, it's like a dry rub paint, awesome for black, dirt and rust colors. It looks really good and it's super for forgiving. If you screw up you just wipe it off

On my Matty wand I was able to take the tip off and put aluminum hook and cut/glue a tip of a wand tube on. I might try that for Hasbro too.

There's a lot of things I think I might change, but the thing I hate the most is the size difference between where the barrel and housing meet. I'm tempted to change the whole barrel.
I'd love to see how your modding goes!

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]