By stewartmacm
Hello all,

Hopefully you can help me. I've been modding my spengler hasbro wand by moving the battery from the grip to the pack via wires.

Unfortunately by accident I hooked up a 12v battery to it (though the wand was turned off) however now when I connect a battery the wand lights up instantly without turning it on... no sound or motor its like it's in some sort of display mode.

Has anyone got any suggestions how this can be fixed??

Many thanks in advance.
By One time
I think the wand never really switches off completely using the switches, because when you retract or extend the barrel it always makes a noise if there are batteries in it. I think if you’ve removed power completely and it still exhibits this problem using new AA batteries then it might be fried.
By Kieron W
One time wrote: November 28th, 2022, 10:36 pm I think the wand never really switches off completely using the switches, because when you retract or extend the barrel it always makes a noise if there are batteries in it. I think if you’ve removed power completely and it still exhibits this problem using new AA batteries then it might be fried.
I can say from personal experience, that this actually is true, it NEVER switches off 100% completely and drains the batteries in the neutrino wand itself, which leads to some bad problems with the wand as when you want to switch it on and use it for a photo op, it turns straight off and you're stuck there without any batteries. I would have preferred it if Hasbro had actually put a rechargable battery pack in there (similar to how the Spengler Proton Pack wand loom has) and you can take it out and recharge it without it worrying about the batteries frying or dying over a small portion of time.
By trekgod3
There is no rechargeable battery pack in the loom for the spengler pack. It is simply a connector that transfers power from the pack's D cell batteries to the wand. Instead of the wand and pack being powered by their own separate batteries, the connector uses the pack's batteries to power both of them simultaneously

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]