I’ve been looking at Ben of Kent’s Etsy page and all his pack kits, and I am having a rough time making sense of it all. Some packs seem to be the exact same yet different prices, and it’s not all clear what’s got what. So I’m wondering if anyone here could help point me in a direction. I’m not planning on buying anytime soon so I don’t have a budget, but I wanna get a kit that has everything I’d need except electronics (And I’m planning on getting the full GBfans kit) , and has the best parts since it seems some of them come with metal parts subbed out for what would be resin, and since it’s the first pack I’m building (and probably only for a long time) I wanna go all in. I’m also not dead set on buying from BOK so if anyone has other pack kit vendors to suggest I’m all ears.
By l3w1sb159
It is abit confusing, if you message him and let him know what exact parts you want in a kit he can put a listing together for what you want. I think thats what all those similar but slightly different listings are from.
Last edited by l3w1sb159 on October 25th, 2022, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By tobycj
His etsy listings are quite confusing. I ended up putting together a spreadsheet to work out what came in each kit so I could more easily compare them. Drop me a DM with your email address if you'd like a copy.

I'd recommend taking a look at Proton Props though, slightly more expensive but imo better quality, and more accurate.
obiwanjabroni liked this
By Kieron W
They are confusing, yes, however, most of them are different completely i.e. if you pay something like $400/£400, you do not get the wand included, just the main proton pack parts and motherboard but if you pay $200/£200 more, you get the wand included so it's a "full pack build".
Make sure you give his feedback thread a read through here: viewtopic.php?t=48487

Lots of people having issues ordering from him, as well as him straight up lying about things being shipped. I had a similar experience ordering from him a few years back. Seems like the house of cards is falling down. As others have mentioned, check out Proton Props, or some of the other offerings here.
tobycj, Kieron W liked this
By Kieron W
obiwanjabroni wrote: November 19th, 2022, 5:17 pm Make sure you give his feedback thread a read through here: viewtopic.php?t=48487

Lots of people having issues ordering from him, as well as him straight up lying about things being shipped. I had a similar experience ordering from him a few years back. Seems like the house of cards is falling down. As others have mentioned, check out Proton Props, or some of the other offerings here.
Yeah, I notices something like that when I ordered a few things and stuff didn't seem to want to work like nuts not being threaded properly etc, probably not Ben's fault, but I do think at the same time, he should be able to thread the nuts without that happen :)
I got a benofkent pack. Took about 8 months to get. Full pack kit, thrower, pack, alice frame, all metal parts, which you don't get much in metal for $1,200. His kits don't include the legris or bellows fittings as far as I'm aware, but were worth it to purchase real ones seperately on etsy for a good price.

With Ben, you just have to keep open communication. You will also need to make sure you have the tools you need to put it together - drill, dremel, alan keys, tap & die set, an xacto blade. Paint, spot glazing putty, & i used 6 minute jb weld to adhere most of it.
Also wash all resin parts with soap & water before doing anything with them. I know he has a ton of listings. Just message him what you want & he will send you a link to the kit you desire. Just read through the description to be sure before purchasing.

I could be leaving something out, so just message him for a list of of tools you need just in case as well a list of what screws go to what parts because there are no instructions included in the kit. You can also watch his instructional videos on youtube.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]