By mike_waclo
Hi all,

I'm working on a ThrowingChicken V4 wand build, and I'm having a little trouble with the pop mech release lever. Specifically, forming the metal rod into the right shape. I tried placing the rod in a vice, heating it a bit, and then trying to put the 90º bend in with pliers. However, the ben ends up being a rather round curve, rather than the neat sharp bend that's needed to get it to cleanly fit between the wand body and the left trigger box. My previous Anovos wand didn't have the lever at all, so this is my first attempt at this.

How have you typically gone about forming this piece? Is there a specific tool/tools I should invest in for this? Does anyone just sell this piece pre-made to save me the trouble?

Thanks!
By JWils23
I know RJ from Freeky Geeky sells these. It might be worth reaching out to him to see if he has any stock you can snag.
mike_waclo liked this
By halliwax
i would place it in a vice, then place a steel dowel the radius of the curve you want under it, then hit the green lever with a hammer, the rod is going to bend the radius you want
mike_waclo liked this
By mike_waclo
Thank you both! RJ ended up having them available. He’s offering in steel and brass, stating that steel is movie-accurate. Is there any reason I’d want to get brass over steel? Will the steel corrode as it’s exposed to air?
JWils23 liked this
By JWils23
Awesome, glad he was able to help you out! As far as steel or brass, looking at reference photos it looks like they could be either. I ended up putting a steel one on my thrower but sometimes I think I should swap it out for brass, for a little extra color. I do feel like I remember reading that someone who is much more in the know than myself (Burkit maybe?), confirmed they are brass but hopefully someone can chime in and verify that before you order.

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]