Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
timeware wrote: October 14th, 2022, 3:12 am Not a lot of the allegations surrounding Miller are family friendly but with Kingpin's permission I'll post the ones that are. You can find Miller's full arrest video on you tube. You can tell he was in some kind of a fight. He was arrested twice in Hawaii, and had some restraining orders placed against him.
Last I was aware he was getting help. Good for him. No one is perfect.
deadderek wrote: October 14th, 2022, 1:34 am Innocent until proven guilty. Hard concept for people I know.
I can still watch GB1 and 2, Groundhog day etc as many other people are involved in making the magic happen, but yeah, him on the bed with Sigourney feels very different now, as in real life I know he went for it.
He went for it? Went for what? Which article or court document are you relying on for Sigourney saying that?
You misunderstand my meaning a bit.

I'm referring to the article in the link, where Bill forced himself upon the women while she laying in a bed, kissing her body and the mouth and having her pinned down with his bodyweight.

It reminded me of Sigourneys scene, where he gets the chance but doesn't, when in real life he takes advantage of the situation:
According to Eriq Gardner’s reporting, Murray got “particularly friendly” with a “much younger” unnamed female staffer. Murray reportedly felt that the coworker “had been flirting with him” and while they “were in close proximity near a bed that was part of the production, Murray started kissing her body and straddling her.” The staffer alleged that she “couldn’t move because he outweighed her” and that Murray “kissed her on the mouth” while they both wore protective face masks. (Murray’s lawyer declined to comment to Puck.)

According to the report, the employee was “horrified” by what she perceived to be a sexual advance and lodged a complaint. A second staffer who witnessed the incident also reportedly filed a complaint. According to Puck, Searchlight eventually sent a memo alerting cast and crew to the pause on production, which remains suspended. Murray paid the staffer around $100,000, according to multiple Puck sources, in a settlement that reportedly included a nondisclosure agreement and the waiving of any legal claims the employee could make against Being Mortal producers. (A studio rep wasn’t available to comment to Puck.)
The bolded part is the hush money I was talking about.
Silencing people instead of letting the courts decide what happened and see who is guilty is also a big problem to get to the truth as you can always deny the claim this way.
Going by what the article says:

He misunderstood what he thought to be advances. He effed up. She was horrified. She accepted a payment to drop things and move on. We'll likely never know beyond 2nd hand information.
So he admits it's happened.
Maybe it's me, but I don't start kissing and straddling someone before Im sure they are into me.

Didn't he say he was joking around as well?

I'm sorry, but I have defended Bill a long time, and he has been a dick to many people a long time. I just saw an interview with Seth Green telling Bill dangled a 9 year old young Seth Green upside down over a trashcan by his ankles for sitting in his seat and making the kid cry so Eddy Murphy had to console him and tell a kid to be the professional here and still do the show.

At this point I wonder what the next thing will be as no one seems to stop him.

The biggest problem I have here it's another situation that's swept under the rug and solved with money and lawyers, which means the guy can go on crossing the line until it's too late.
By joezlo
Anyone who didn't think this kinda thing was coming at some point with Bill is in La-la-land; we've heard too many other onset accounts of things that straddle the line. It's just a shame when this stuff comes out and you have to differentiate the actors from the characters you love.
By Sav C
Yeah, I read a couple of Bill’s biographies a few years back, and had a feeling this might happen. He’s a flawed character, that’s for sure.

Honestly I laughed at the trash can story, though… Not something I’d ever do, but I can see where the temptation would come from.
deadderek liked this
RichardLess wrote: October 13th, 2022, 3:39 am
deadderek wrote: October 13th, 2022, 2:23 am Easy to separate the actor from the character. Either way I've doubts we'll see Bill in the new GB movie.
Sometimes. It all depends. I can’t rewatch a Kevin Spacey movie. Except maybe Se7en. But I can’t rewatch American Beauty.
I can still watch some of his movies. Funnily enough the movie with him I've watched the most is L.A Confidential where
This Post Contains Spoilers
I also still like to watch The Usual Suspects. I have seen Seven a few times but it was never as big a favorite as those other 2. I never wanted to see American Beauty. As for Bill, I have long ago heard of his ex wife saying he was an abusive and inattentive jerk. That he'd just go off to parties during the night without telling her where he was going. I'm a bit upset at hearing he now has sexually assaulted women he worked with. That's not right either. I can still watch his movies though.
deadderek liked this
By Sav C
I think I should clarify a bit what I said. I didn’t see this coming when I read the biographies—it was after Me Too started that, having read the bios, I had a bad feeling Bill might be wrapped up in it.
Now it’s Ivan Reitman’s turn.

Anna Farris is claiming Ivan Reitman “slapped her ass” during the making of “My Super Ex Girlfriend”. She had come out previously & mentioned an unnamed director had assaulted her. She has now revealed it was Ivan Reitman during a podcast with Lena Dunham. Lena Dunham goes on to imply Anna Farris isnt the only one who had that type of experience with Reitman. Anna Farris goes on to say Reitman was a yeller & made her cry.

I gotta admit. I didn’t see this coming. Let’s hope this was an isolated incident.
It's kind of easy to pin things on the dead when they can't stick up for themselves. Unless she has real evidence what was keeping her silent after the slap took place? An NDA?

If it's true it's pretty damning. Is she promoting a new book or movie? Not saying she's out right lying but is there more detail than just heresy?
deadderek liked this
By One time
No surprise? I don’t really follow. I. Reitman in any interview I have seen with him has always come across as incredibly modest, kind and humble. The opposite of what you would expect for someone who would have this kind of allegation levied at them. For me it would be very much a surprise to hear it. From what I know of him it would take a lot to convince me otherwise.
deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
One time wrote: October 20th, 2022, 4:39 amReitman in any interview I have seen with him has always come across as incredibly modest, kind and humble. The opposite of what you would expect for someone who would have this kind of allegation levied at them.
While there are plenty of examples of people who've always set off alarms and raised red flags in their behavior, there are others who are able to hide their inappropriate behavior behind charming facades, like Kevin Spacey or Bill Cosby.

We'll have to see how things unfold regarding the allegations.
robbritton liked this
One time wrote: October 20th, 2022, 4:39 am No surprise? I don’t really follow. I. Reitman in any interview I have seen with him has always come across as incredibly modest, kind and humble. The opposite of what you would expect for someone who would have this kind of allegation levied at them. For me it would be very much a surprise to hear it. From what I know of him it would take a lot to convince me otherwise.
Here’s something I was once told. “Don’t make the mistake of thinking you could ever know someone and what they can or can’t do based off an interview. Especially in Hollywood.”

OJ Simpson gave wonderful interviews and he literally killed two people.

The truth is Ivan Reitman directed what most of us here probably consider our favourite film. We don’t want this to be true. I don’t want this to be true. Most of us probably don’t want this to be true. But… it probably is. Reitman could’ve meant in one way and she took it another. She was on a ladder so I don’t think it was sexual. It was more likely meant as a mock punishment for messing up & he took it too far. Maybe he thought he knew her well enough that she’d take it as a jest or who knows. But wrong is wrong and that was wrong. But we can never know someone because they come off well in interviews.

I seem to remember Anna Farris’s name coming up in the Sony email hacks as a possible GB in the Reitman version of GB3. The “Alive Again” version.

I know I’ve been in a situation where years after working with someone I found out they thought I hated them & they gave an account of our working relationship that was totally foreign to me. Little did I know I thought this person knew me well enough to know my sense ability and sense of humour. Turns out..nope. They thought I didn’t like them & thought I was mean. It shocked me. But I was above this person in position & power at this job and it was a lesson in personal dynamics. We didn’t see each other the same way. You just never know.
Kingpin liked this
By One time
RichardLess wrote: October 20th, 2022, 8:42 am
One time wrote: October 20th, 2022, 4:39 am No surprise? I don’t really follow. I. Reitman in any interview I have seen with him has always come across as incredibly modest, kind and humble. The opposite of what you would expect for someone who would have this kind of allegation levied at them. For me it would be very much a surprise to hear it. From what I know of him it would take a lot to convince me otherwise.
Here’s something I was once told. “Don’t make the mistake of thinking you could ever know someone and what they can or can’t do based off an interview. Especially in Hollywood.”

OJ Simpson gave wonderful interviews and he literally killed two people.

The truth is Ivan Reitman directed what most of us here probably consider our favourite film. We don’t want this to be true. I don’t want this to be true. Most of us probably don’t want this to be true. But… it probably is. Reitman could’ve meant in one way and she took it another. She was on a ladder so I don’t think it was sexual. It was more likely meant as a mock punishment for messing up & he took it too far. Maybe he thought he knew her well enough that she’d take it as a jest or who knows. But wrong is wrong and that was wrong. But we can never know someone because they come off well in interviews.

I seem to remember Anna Farris’s name coming up in the Sony email hacks as a possible GB in the Reitman version of GB3. The “Alive Again” version.

I know I’ve been in a situation where years after working with someone I found out they thought I hated them & they gave an account of our working relationship that was totally foreign to me. Little did I know I thought this person knew me well enough to know my sense ability and sense of humour. Turns out..nope. They thought I didn’t like them & thought I was mean. It shocked me. But I was above this person in position & power at this job and it was a lesson in personal dynamics. We didn’t see each other the same way. You just never know.
I get that and I agree with you. I also believe that allegations against someone have the potential to increase the more successful that person is. The amount of times I (as a man) have had (relatively harmless) things done to me by female colleagues who were (then) in a position of power over me (sexual remarks, benign non sexual touches, etc.) would have cancelled any famous man in power today had they been levied against him.

I have a hard time believing that a guy like Ivan Reitman was actually a completely evil sexual predator who molested people, which is the natural conclusion people would gravitate towards when allegations like this surface. That’s my gut feeling as I haven’t read up on the detail of the accusation, amount of people corroborating the story, evidence presented, etc.

I also agree that as fans we naturally have a biased view we should take into account, that is absolutely correct.
deadderek liked this
I say there are at least three sides to any given story, often more. I know that people with power/money are targets for slander because there's always someone that wants to blackmail/extort them for what they have. I will also say with very strong conviction that how someone acts publicly? Definitely not an indicator on whether or not they're abusing or assaulting someone or worse. Some of them will act haughty, some will outright fail to conceal what they're up to. But plenty of them are experts at putting on a kind, gentle, friendly act for everyone around them as a grand illusion that 'everything's fine' when it in fact is very much not fine.

All that said, I think it's late to the party to start flinging accusations about Ivan Reitman of all people in late 2022. The man passed away. Dragging him in a public setting will not net Farris money or power or lasting fame, nor will it give her closure, satisfaction, or happiness. If something legit happened to her, she should process her trauma in therapy to move on from it in a healthy way.
deadderek liked this
By Kieron W
timeware wrote: October 13th, 2022, 7:54 am It's an individual's choice not to support a celebrity they don't like. You may disagree with someone's decision to do so but we all have our values. Regarding Kevin, Ezra, and Baldwin they have more than just skeletons in their closet. Again, Ezra is documented being a nut case. I'll watch Shazam, and Black Adam which are going to be huge for DC but i'm not going to support Flashpoint as he's the lead star. They'll make their money back on the movies they already had to cancel but replacing Miller is the right thing to do. In my opinion.
Flashpoint is dead now that James Gunn has taken over the whole DC Cinematic Universe. Same goes for Black Adam, they've said they're not doing any more BA films and Dwayne Johnson isn't going to be Black Adam again, same with Batgirl, they've scrapped it completely so that throws Affleck and Keaton out as Batman.

I think with GB4, they could say that since apparently it's going to follow on like GB2 - being five years later (which would make McKenna's Phoebe as 17 or 18 years old and Finn's Trevor as 20+), they could write Venkman out as having passed away due to circumstances i.e. hidden illness that was never disclosed to the rest of the Ghostbusters and it leaves it down to both Stantz and Zeddemore (Sorta like how they did it with Spirits Unleashed, we never see Venkman apart from the quote "Get Venkman on the phone, I want to have a nice chat with him!" from Zeddemore) and the firehouse/GB franchise is now run by Winston with Ray helping from the sides in Ray's Occult Book Store and Janine obviously back as the receptionist for the Ghostbusters.
By Kieron W
One time wrote: December 25th, 2022, 6:23 am Sounds like a downer. Having the mercurial Pete Venkman go out like that. For some his appearance and lines in Afterlife were the best thing about the film. The OG's showing up and being who they were, was the build up of the whole film.
It certainly was, especially with Ray giving the same style speech from the first film then Venkman and Zeddemore saying "Oh come on, Ray!" when Ray is asked if "he's a god" lol as well as Venkman throwing a bit of shade at Spengler over Callie retaking her maiden name of Spengler.
One time liked this
By One time
Kieron W wrote: December 25th, 2022, 6:41 am
One time wrote: December 25th, 2022, 6:23 am Sounds like a downer. Having the mercurial Pete Venkman go out like that. For some his appearance and lines in Afterlife were the best thing about the film. The OG's showing up and being who they were, was the build up of the whole film.
It certainly was, especially with Ray giving the same style speech from the first film then Venkman and Zeddemore saying "Oh come on, Ray!" when Ray is asked if "he's a god" lol as well as Venkman throwing a bit of shade at Spengler over Callie retaking her maiden name of Spengler.
For me it was Venkman just chastising an actual God as if it was his crazy ex. Only Murray could have pulled that off.

For those that loved the OGB's in Afterlife I think we all are hoping for that scene when Venkman mentions "Let's have coffee inside, someof us will have rum with it". Just a scene of all of them (esp Grooberson being a huge fan) sitting around a table being themselves would mean a lot in the new movie.
Alphagaia, Kieron W liked this
By Kieron W
One time wrote: December 25th, 2022, 7:35 am For me it was Venkman just chastising an actual God as if it was his crazy ex. Only Murray could have pulled that off.

For those that loved the OGB's in Afterlife I think we all are hoping for that scene when Venkman mentions "Let's have coffee inside, someof us will have rum with it". Just a scene of all of them (esp Grooberson being a huge fan) sitting around a table being themselves would mean a lot in the new movie.
I think they could have done something like that instead of cutting to Winston looking at Ecto1 saying "What HAVE they done to you?!" and eventually showing Ecto1 going back "home". I know a lot of scenes were cut like Phoebe using the proton pack on the corn field and turning the corn kernels into popcorn (which shows her eating popcorn later on whilst watching the "WE are ready to believe YOU!" commercial on youtube).

With Venkman, it was that bit also that made me laugh, especially after they get thrown into the car and Venkman goes "YOU gotta lot of nerve coming back here!" XD
By One time
Kieron W wrote: December 25th, 2022, 8:19 am
One time wrote: December 25th, 2022, 7:35 am For me it was Venkman just chastising an actual God as if it was his crazy ex. Only Murray could have pulled that off.

I think they could have done something like that instead of cutting to Winston looking at Ecto1 saying "What HAVE they done to you?!" and eventually showing Ecto1 going back "home". I know a lot of scenes were cut like Phoebe using the proton pack on the corn field and turning the corn kernels into popcorn (which shows her eating popcorn later on whilst watching the "WE are ready to believe YOU!" commercial on youtube).

With Venkman, it was that bit also that made me laugh, especially after they get thrown into the car and Venkman goes "YOU gotta lot of nerve coming back here!" XD
Yeah. For me as an uber GB1 fan, that scene alone ("lets get coffee inside, some of us will have rum with it") and all the characters sitting around a table drinking, talking about that final Gozer bust, maybe mixed in with some anecdotes about '84, Ray talking to Phoebe about her Egon interactions and working on the pack, and Grooberson saying "what happened to you guys since?", with all of them raising a solemn toast to Egon, with Callie watching. Wow.

Maybe Peter saying: "He doesn't let things go easily. He'll be back."

A scene like that would provide definite closure and a passing of the torch. A scene like that alone would be an entire movie for me. Like the final GB3.

(In fact I may post this on the official Afterlife sequel thread as it's become pretty OT regarding the allegations.)
Kieron W liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]