By getraccd
Hey y'all! I want to try to vacuform my own pack shell, but I have a few questions for those of you who have. First off, when you made your bucks, what kind of adjustments did you need to make to your plans to make sure the pack came out the right size? Or are there specific plans available for the bucks? (I searched online for myself, but came up empty handed.) Secondly, any tips to prevent/or deal with webbing? I've never vacuformed before but I know that webbing is a big issue with some shapes.
Any help is appreciated, fellow busters!
By trekgod3
Have you seen this video by Punished props? It's got some good info on vacu-forming
Last edited by Kingpin on September 19th, 2022, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
By getraccd
trekgod3 wrote: September 18th, 2022, 6:58 pm Have you seen this video by Punished props? It's got some good info on vacu-forming
That was the video that inspired me, unfortunately they don't go into detail on how the bucks were made.
trekgod3 liked this
By Snooker
Maybe i can help you out here. i made 3 vacuformed packs two years ago. (Project-Log can be found here

getraccd wrote: September 18th, 2022, 5:59 pm ... what kind of adjustments did you need to make to your plans to make sure the pack came out the right size?
i used 2mm Polystyrene plates, so i just built the bucks 1 or 2mm smaller.

getraccd wrote: September 18th, 2022, 5:59 pmSecondly, any tips to prevent/or deal with webbing? I've never vacuformed before but I know that webbing is a big issue with some shapes.
depending on the form of the buck, webbing is a thing to deal with. Use a rotary tool to cut them off / trimm them flush. Just make sure you heat your Polystyrene / ABS plates hot enough so the are as flexible as Posible.

I also made my bucks hollow, left the bottoms open and drilled a lot of tiny holes into the bucks to make sure the vacuum 'sucks' anywhere. And it helps to build your bucks at least 2cm / 1inch higher, so you can cut the bottoms off and have a straight piece ;-)
By getraccd
Snooker wrote: September 26th, 2022, 4:27 am Maybe i can help you out here. i made 3 vacuformed packs two years ago. (Project-Log can be found here

getraccd wrote: September 18th, 2022, 5:59 pm ... what kind of adjustments did you need to make to your plans to make sure the pack came out the right size?
i used 2mm Polystyrene plates, so i just built the bucks 1 or 2mm smaller.

getraccd wrote: September 18th, 2022, 5:59 pmSecondly, any tips to prevent/or deal with webbing? I've never vacuformed before but I know that webbing is a big issue with some shapes.
depending on the form of the buck, webbing is a thing to deal with. Use a rotary tool to cut them off / trimm them flush. Just make sure you heat your Polystyrene / ABS plates hot enough so the are as flexible as Posible.

I also made my bucks hollow, left the bottoms open and drilled a lot of tiny holes into the bucks to make sure the vacuum 'sucks' anywhere. And it helps to build your bucks at least 2cm / 1inch higher, so you can cut the bottoms off and have a straight piece ;-)
Thanks! This will definitely help a lot.
Snooker liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]