By EctoCaboose
Just looking for some clarification…

Do the name tapes have to be sewn on? Or can velcro work?
By mardin_chatzuk
Velcro would certainly work, but there are two issues with it:

A. Screen accuracy. If you're going for maximum fidelity, the name tape should be sewn on.

B. Bulkiness/stiffness. The extra layers of hook-and-loop material under the name tape will make it sit a bit higher up off the surface of your coverall. That additional material will also make the patch less flexible, and that could be a problem in terms of how it looks, but also when it comes to wearing a proton pack. Your pack strap may catch on the stiffer, slightly protruding name tape, and it could just be less comfortable with the ALICE strap sitting on top of the patch.

So if you do decide to use hook-and-loop material to attach your name tape, you may want to find the thinnest, most flexible kind you can.
By cawensel
I would go with a sew on. They are much more flexible and give screen accuracy. The real ones have a hand stitched look too. They have custom ones on gbpatches.com
CitizenBuster liked this
By Corbidorbidoodle
I would only do velcro if I had a tactical jacket or something that already had the loop side on it. Then you could just slap your logo and name tag on there. But if I'm doing any kind of jumpsuit I prefer sewn on.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]