For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By mrmichaelt
It's the 13th anniversary of Ghostbusters: The Video Game!

Share your memories, favorite busts, quotes and what not.

I did pull a Michael Jordan and temporarily got back into gaming to play this one and it was such a delight. It was so great at the time seeing most of the original cast voice their roles. The new equipment. Getting to blow stuff up. Cursing Azetlor and the Stone Angels on the highest difficulty setting.
By RichardLess
mrmichaelt wrote: June 16th, 2022, 3:01 am It's the 13th anniversary of Ghostbusters: The Video Game!

Share your memories, favorite busts, quotes and what not.

I did pull a Michael Jordan and temporarily got back into gaming to play this one and it was such a delight. It was so great at the time seeing most of the original cast voice their roles. The new equipment. Getting to blow stuff up. Cursing Azetlor and the Stone Angels on the highest difficulty setting.
How is that even possible?

13 years? Oh man. Where did that time go? It feels like yesterday. Remember when the blu ray & game came out around the same time? I had been looking forward to that blu ray for months! Finally, ghostbusters in glorious 1080p…and it’s one of the worst transfers. When they did the remaster I bought that blu ray too and the difference was stunning,

As for the game? I am not a gamer in the least. I’ve tried and video games just bore me(unless you are playing with someone sitting next to you, then racing games and what not can be fun). Despite my lack of gaming enthusiasm I owned a PS3(for blu ray) and a wii(everyone had a wii in 2009. I think it was law or something). Doing my Ghostbuster fan duty I ended up buying a copy for those two systems….and for the PS2. I remember thinking the wii version could’ve been something truly special if they released some sort of proton gun wii remote. Heck and maybe even a pack for full immersion. I think a couple fans made their own Wii remote neutrino wand. But an officially licensed product? Oh man. Now we’re talkin’.

Again, since I’m no gamer I played the PS3 version up until the Sedgwick Hotel(which pretty much the beginning of the game lol) and then I started getting bored of the mechanics. Which happens no matter what game I’m playing. I just wanted to see and hear the guys voice their parts again.

2009 was an exciting time for GB fans. 3rd movie talk was really heating up, scripts were being written, then Bill Murray(fresh off doing a massive Ghostbusters centric cameo in Zombieland) goes and gives me a heart attack by showing up to accept an award in full GB gear regalia and oh boy does he look awesome. I thought “here it comes, he’s announcing the 3rd movie & only in a way Bill Murray could”. Cut to 12 years later and we finally saw him as Venkman again on the big screen, tho he didn’t look nearly as badass as in 2009.

Man..As much as I love “Groundhog Day” I’d sacrifice it in an instant if it meant Harold and Bill’s feud/fight would be avoided and thus possibly get another GB movie made by the OG creative team. What a waste.

I 10000% believe Bill didn’t do Ghostbusters due to the issue he had with Harold. Sure he voiced Venkman in the game but he didn’t have to record with anyone. And he was only able to be wrangled into service after Harold passes away.

But this is about the game. Apparently the PS3 version has become something of a cult classic and one of the rare movie based IP where the game didn’t completely suck. Probably helps it was an original story and not based off any of the movies. I wonder if the game they announced recently is a direct sequel or something different.
By mrmichaelt
RichardLess wrote: June 16th, 2022, 4:56 am I wonder if the game they announced recently is a direct sequel or something different.
Nope, Illfonic themselves said from the start it's not a sequel and to consider it tertiary canon.
By robbritton
It was the most excited I’ve got about Ghostbusters since ‘84! It had just been so long since anything had happened, and from the first announcement I was just listening to the theme over and over and getting stupidly wound up for it. I remember when the UK was supposed to get a delay on the Xbox version and it felt like the bottom dropped out of the world - I even stumped up for a PS3 to play it on day one and then it turned out the US Xbox version was region free anyway! Och!

Anyway, my flatmate and I did a screening of 1 and 2 on our projector the night of the 15th and all our friends came round and were sweetly excited for me, which was really lovely. Then I took the 16th off work, got the game from HMV first thing and played it through from beginning to end. And it was beautiful.

I was a little sad at the lack of civilian clothes for the characters (seriously, Venkman should be in a suit at the museum!) and at the loss of the parade level, but it was so magic to hear those four characters together again. I’ve played it over and over since, and I still adore it - I love the IDWverse that it begat. I especially loved what it allowed them to do with Peck. It’s still a real shame Afterlife has retroactively wiped it out. Now our actual original Ghostbusting heroes had two six month bursts of activity, and that’s all! It’s kind of a rubbishy legacy. I liked the city bonded versioned the game presented, and I loved a Ghostbusters story that started in media res. No one is going into business, we’re just going Ghostbusting!

Nothing has quite stoked that enthusiasm since. ATC being a pleasant surprise came close for a bit, but I wasn’t listening to the soundtrack on repeat in preparation for Afterlife, for example.

Somewhere out there there’s an ideal world with all the levels in, and the PUmPs song on the soundtrack, and the temple and van Horne multiplayer maps… but y’know what? I’m glad I at least got to play the version we got in this one, and as my son just completed the game for the first time last week I don’t see it leaving my life anytime soon.

Happy 13th, Ghostbusters The Video Game - you remain an excellent time.
mrmichaelt, Kingpin, NSGhostbusters and 1 others liked this
By One time
My all time favorite game.

For me, it’s the definitive GB3 like Aykroyd said no matter what Sony execs say.

It’s like an alternate dimension situation if GB3 had been written and filmed around the 1991-1993 time frame. The final time we got all original GBs and in a huge 20 hour adventure you were actually part of to boot.

Absolutely love the fanservice, no other game I’ve played do you feel the labor of love as much as you do in this.

It was really the “lightning in a bottle” the first movie was but in videogame format. We were all beyond lucky to have gotten this project.

Don’t know if this tribute I made has the links still working, let me know if they don’t I’ll upload again:

viewtopic.php?t=45123

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]