As we count down the days to Ghostbusters Day 2022, Sony Pictures has offered a teasing look at Ray Parker Jr: Who You Gonna Call? a documentary about famed singer/songwriter Ray Parker Jr, and the hit song which all Ghostheads will most fondly remember him for.

However, the documentary won't just be looking at his famous chartbuster, it'll be delving into Parker Jr's beginnings in the music industry; including working with famed musicians Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson, The Temptations, Gladys Knight and Stevie Wonder.

Ray Parker Jr: Who You Gonna Call? is set for digital release on June 7th.
mrmichaelt liked this
d_osborn wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 12:24 pm Surely Ray learned his lesson last time he mentioned the Huey Lewis thing.
Isn’t it the other way around? Didn’t he sue Huey Lewis after Huey mentioned him in some behind the music VH1 special?

From what I understand Ray Parker Jr was never sued by Huey. He had nothing to do with the lawsuit. Huey sued the movie studio & the record company. That’s what I heard anyways. Could be incorrect.
RichardLess wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 5:31 pm Isn’t it the other way around? Didn’t he sue Huey Lewis after Huey mentioned him in some behind the music VH1 special?

From what I understand Ray Parker Jr was never sued by Huey. He had nothing to do with the lawsuit. Huey sued the movie studio & the record company. That’s what I heard anyways. Could be incorrect.
The short story is that Ray Parker, Jr. was accused of plagiarizing the melody from Huey Lewis and the News song "I Want a New Drug" for "Ghostbusters." The single "Ghostbusters" released six months after Lewis' hit reached #6 in the Billboard Hot 100. Lewis allegedly sued Parker, and they settled out of court in 1985. However, according to Parker, Lewis sued Columbia Pictures and he was named in it and he wasn't involved in the litigation.

They returned to court once again in 2001. Parker allegedly sued Lewis for breaching a confidentiality agreement regarding their original settlement. Lewis had revealed in a VH1 Behind The Music special that Parker paid a financial settlement as part of the original agreement.

Parker mentioned the suit won't be in the doc because of liability issues.
https://www.freep.com/story/entertainme ... 384863002/
Ray was here in Edmonton for the premiere of the film where our Alberta Ghostbusters franchise was present for. The film is really good with a ton shown about his life, family and the famous people he's worked with, things he got screwed over for and his LOVE of the GB song.

Our group was out front of the theatre attracting attention and building interest and he just walks up and starts fist bumping us and telling to turn the song up when someone would play it on their packs. No limo, no entourage, guy just walked up with a hat and T shirt. Man is sweet as pie. A great note in the GB book for the man who gave our anthem...and the unlikely way he did it.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: June 4th, 2022, 10:05 am Ray was here in Edmonton for the premiere of the film where our Alberta Ghostbusters franchise was present for. The film is really good with a ton shown about his life, family and the famous people he's worked with, things he got screwed over for and his LOVE of the GB song.

Our group was out front of the theatre attracting attention and building interest and he just walks up and starts fist bumping us and telling to turn the song up when someone would play it on their packs. No limo, no entourage, guy just walked up with a hat and T shirt. Man is sweet as pie. A great note in the GB book for the man who gave our anthem...and the unlikely way he did it.
Did you get to watch the new music video as well?
deadderek wrote: June 5th, 2022, 7:37 am
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: June 4th, 2022, 10:05 am Ray was here in Edmonton for the premiere of the film where our Alberta Ghostbusters franchise was present for. The film is really good with a ton shown about his life, family and the famous people he's worked with, things he got screwed over for and his LOVE of the GB song.

Did you get to watch the new music video as well?
No we just watched the documentary and got to meet him, ask questions with a Q and A and a signing.
deadderek liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]