Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Zero13812
is this normal? i have two orders in at the shop, and the second one that was meant to ship originally on the 14th, first jumped to the 20th and is now up to the 28th? are there issues in procurement or something else?
By Kingpin
It's normal.

Depending on how many customer orders were ahead of yours when you put yours through the store, there can be a wait time between when the order's received and when AJ begins work on filling it.

Additional factors that may contribute to this are if the order contains any custom items, as some of these either need to be supplied by an outside supplier, or they need to be assembled by AJ himself (like the custom nametags).

A further thing that's caused some delays to some items over the last couple of years has been the global microchip shortage.

Were there any custom items in your orders, wralex? Zero?
By wralex
No electronics for me but one of my order is contain a custom name tag and a flightsuit. The other order is just pack stuff. Thanks

PS: I was not complaning, just give an idea to Zero about shipping time and delay.
By Kingpin
wralex wrote: April 13th, 2022, 3:39 pm No electronics for me but one of my order is contain a custom name tag and a flightsuit.
There's a good chance the order was held up by the jumpsuit, the company that AJ purchases the store's jumpsuits from was completely sold out of their stock... Probably because of the demand created by Afterlife and the subsequent period needed to produce new stock.

AJ has provided an update that he's received a fresh shipment of some of the jumpsuit sizes required to restock the store and fill orders (he's still waiting on a resupply of suits in 3XL, Large Long or XL Long). This should hopefully mean some of the delayed orders will resume soon.
By wralex
Kingpin wrote: April 13th, 2022, 5:33 pm
wralex wrote: April 13th, 2022, 3:39 pm No electronics for me but one of my order is contain a custom name tag and a flightsuit.
There's a good chance the order was held up by the jumpsuit, the company that AJ purchases the store's jumpsuits from was completely sold out of their stock... Probably because of the demand created by Afterlife and the subsequent period needed to produce new stock.

AJ has provided an update that he's received a fresh supply of some flightsuit sizes, which should hopefully mean some of those delayed orders will start moving again.
No worries. Halloween is still far away haha.

Thanks
By Kingpin
No worries - to add extra info as you replied before I'd finished updating my last post, the resupply didn't include suits in the following sizes: 3XL, Large Long or XL Long - so the store's still waiting on more of those.
wralex liked this
By Zero13812
Kingpin wrote: April 13th, 2022, 9:41 am It's normal.

Depending on how many customer orders were ahead of yours when you put yours through the store, there can be a wait time between when the order's received and when AJ begins work on filling it.

Additional factors that may contribute to this are if the order contains any custom items, as some of these either need to be supplied by an outside supplier, or they need to be assembled by AJ himself (like the custom nametags).

A further thing that's caused some delays to some items over the last couple of years has been the global microchip shortage.

Were there any custom items in your orders, wralex? Zero?
one of them had elbow pads and the belt.

other had hose connector, hose, and key fobs.
By AJ Quick
Keep in mind that even though the ship dates might be pushed back by a few days, they are still overall 2-4 weeks sooner than originally estimated.

Why this happens:

- You get a ship date, lets say June 1st.
- I start shipping stuff at a faster than normal rate.
- Your order starts to move forward on the list, shipping sooner than originally expected. Lets say May 1st.
- This continues. Suddenly your ship date is just days away at April 20th.
- Unexpectedly hundreds of orders / products / etc come into stock from customers that placed their orders ahead of yours.
- These orders all enter the queue and push your order back to May 10th.
- I start shipping those other products that came in. Now your order moves forward to May 1st.

Overall its still shipping early by a full month in this example. What happens unfortunately is lots of people will see the 'delay' from April 20th to May 10th and get upset without realizing that the order is still several weeks ahead of the original schedule.

:sigh:

This is one of the reasons why I no longer show an exact date if the order is several months out. I am also considering no longer showing an updated ship date and instead just relying upon the original date that was provided. This prevents customers from thinking the order was pushed back, but also makes it seem more often than not that shipping is super slow.

Elbow pads and Khaki belts are actually coming in stock in the next week, so those will ship sooner than July.
Zero13812 liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]