Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
I will include a list of parts and where I got them below.
Just a warning, it got seriously deep in the rabbit hole!

Parts and sources:
-Aluminum Tubes from AutoSpa RV Flow-Thru Big Brush 67" extension found at walmart for $19.98
-R331 Clippard valve Ebay for $5
-Acrylic Tube ebay for $25
-Replica banjo fittings ebay for $25
-Remington model 31 forend ebay $40
-OD green Gaff tape 1" wide Amazon $15.50
-black carpet tacks from walmart $2
-momentary switch from hobby store $6 pk of 4
-Hex head bolt assortment from Harbor Freight $7

So at first it was just building a sturdier stand. Then I ended up working on the wand. First I had upgraded the grips to real wood. The rear grip didn't turn out as smooth but for the forward grip I used a Remington Model 31-16 gauge corncob wood forend with black carpet tacks. Be sure to cut the tacks in half and predrilled the holes! To darken it, I used Rustoleum Stain+Polyurethane Kona.

I then wanted a real valve so I sourced a clippard R331 off of Ebay. I also used some hex head bolts and nuts to install it. You will need to drill out bigger holes to fit it. While I was at it I got some replica banjo fittings and a momentary switch to add to the ear. Couldn't get a black tip so red will work for now. After repeatedly taking it apart I decided on aluminum handles. So after alot of back and forth with myself I decided to order some aluminum but before I got home I found the right size in aluminum from a RV extendable cleaning brush.

The forward handle will accept the 1 inch aluminum section quite nicely and the rear handle can be upgraded to 1 1/4 but NOTE THAT HASBRO LOVES USING GLUE!!!!! The rear has and adapter that hold the connectors for the battery pack. The tube is glued into it. To fit the bigger tube I have to pull it all out cut the wires from the connectors to extend then out the back, sand away a tab and enlarge the exit hole on the box. Fortunately for the forward tube the pop mechanism will fit and operate with the 1 inch tube installed. IMPORTANT!! MAKE SURE YOU LINE UP AND MEASURE THE HOLES BEFORE YOU DRILL!! Mine are not pretty but they are mostly covered.

I am currently waiting on an acrylic tube but I wasn't a fan of the subdued lighting upfront (no surprise), so I removed it. There is a section of plastic that covers a small pin that needs to be pushed out. Then the plastic tube can be removed. Be careful it is flimsy.
Parts Removed:

I will say I do love how it looks when I activate it without the foam and plastic dulling the colors through the tube. The blue looks especially pleasing.
Test before acrylic tubehttps://www.facebook.com/HardenedByLife ... 862475565/
Last edited by Quietmodder13 on May 3rd, 2022, 10:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
jonogunn liked this
By Quietmodder13
Got aluminum knobs on order from Ebay and from Mack's Factory. Also got the acrylic tube so I'll be adding those once I get some time. I wanted a metal tip so after so some searching and thinking, I have crafted one from an aluminum flashlight and had to make the ear from scrap aluminum I had. It looks rough but adds some charm I suppose.
By Kingpin
You may wish to use a image host like Imgur to upload your prop photos, photos posted to Facebook only appear on the forum for a short period of time before they stop working (some appear to have already expired, looking at your post).
By Quietmodder13
Ok so some updates. I installed the aluminum knobs as well as the acrylic tube. It looks alot better than before. Here's how it looks thus far because I am sure there will be more additions.
The knobs were fairly easy to install. Well except for the smallest because it required some careful drilling next to the LEDs for the bar graph. They simply screw onto the plastic placeholders and go back from whence they came.
For the acrylic tube mod I had to cut the original tube after removing and measuring. Make sure you measure 10 times and cut once at this point. I used gorilla super glue gel and to get it aligned properly I put it together while it was inside the front handle. Sounds weird but if you try it, it will make sense.
Now the acrylic tube won't fit by a small fraction so of course I had to file down the exit hole.
Like I said before, I wanted a metal tip so between a set of flashlights from walmart(on clearance for $8.78) and a trip to Michael's I was able to create a metal tip. The tapered end is from Michael's. It is actually a large pot from a set of miniature pots and pans while the neck with the knurl is from a flashlight out of the set I got from the clearance aisle of Walmart. The curved ear I had to cut twice, braze, and trim to fit from 1/8 aluminum strip. Yes it looks rough.
Once it was assembled it looked quite alright. I plan on putting something in the tip to center and support the led strip. I just haven't gotten there yet. Possibly a nylon washer with a slit perhaps?
So far I am really proud of it. It stills needs paint, weathering, and small things but in due time. I also managed to trim and fit the end cap on the handle so now It has that. As promised here's the test video for the acrylic mod with the diffuser delete. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
https://www.facebook.com/10000167440335 ... 587689455/
By Quietmodder13
As of now the knobs have been painted and scratched up, handle has been painted and the wood grip installed. I had a nice gripbefore but when I changed the size of the tube I had to make another. I used a scrap piece of wood from a pallet because of how easy it is to work. It was during this time that the nozzle decided to completely break, so I press fit the tip into the collar (hammered it actually), then had to drill a hole through the collar and JB weld it together. I figured that would work better for the look and because I used it to hold my Captain America shield together. Some notes to consider is that the pop mechanism works but not fully because when I installed the side knob using the supplied machine screw, I think the top of the screw actually prevents the rod from locking in place. It's fine because I'm sure I can figure that out. The battery pack was reattached as well, not sure if I mentioned that already, but every fit back up nicely and it stills functions as it did when I got it, so far so good!

As for the piece interfering with the pop mechanism, this is what I was talking about.

Update. So on the plastic piece between the knurled knob and the hex head bolt, I cut the "neck" of it off making the piece flat. The issue was that the head sat too high so by removing the neck the head of the bolt could sit against the body of the plastic and be out of the way of the retracting rod. Here is the finished piece before installation.
By Quietmodder13
Been a few days, not much has been done. I did manage to repaint the red cap on the push button to black. I would like to swap some more parts to aluminum pieces.
No problem. I used mainly a rotary/Dremel tool to cut and grind away material to get the desired fit. It will get really thin so do take your time. When it came time to add the black tacks I predrilled the holes to ease the stress of installation.
By Jon Wallace
It looks like you added a real red button switch to the wand ear, I want to do the same thing but was too worried about cutting material there in case it created a hole too big for the button. How did you go about adding it?
I kind of butchered it by pulling it apart too hard, but there are a few screws hidden underneath the ear. Once those are taken out, it is a lot easier to make a hole just big enough to fit the momentary switch into. Just be sure to take your time!

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]