(The above video does contain some spoilers for Ghostbusters: Afterlife)

Following the reveal of the Ghostbusters 8 disc Gift Set a week ago, more details of what will be included are coming to light, including the possibility of more deleted scenes from Ghostbusters II, audition footage for the role of Dana Barrett (featuring Denise Crosby and Kelly LeBrock), unearthed dailies from seven scenes, and a 114-minute long preview cut of the original movie (visit the topic to see the full list of features).

kahuna900 liked this
By Kingpin
Ghostbusters
•Feature presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos + 5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
•5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
-Special Features:
•Commentary Featuring Director Ivan Reitman, Star/Co-Writer Harold Ramis and Associate Producer Joe Medjuck
•Fan Commentary Moderated by Ghost Corps’ Eric Reich
•Slimer Mode Picture-in-Picture Track

Ghostbusters II
•Feature presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos + 5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
-Special Feature:
•Commentary Featuring Director Ivan Reitman, Star/Co-Writer Dan Aykroyd and Executive Producer Joe Medjuck

Ghostbusters: Afterlife
•Feature presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos
•Includes all special features from the standalone Blu-ray

Special Features Disc 1 - Ghostbusters
•Rare 114-minute Preview Cut of the Film (in Standard Definition) – an unearthed early cut of the film with alternate takes, additional scenes, early effects and more. A unique must-see experience for any Ghostbusters fan!
•With optional commentary by Associate Producer Joe Medjuck and Editor Sheldon Kahn
•“Reitman Squared” Scene Commentary – a look at two scenes from the film with Ivan & Jason Reitman
•Dana’s Lost Auditions – eight auditions for the role of Dana Barrett, featuring Denise Crosby, Kelly LeBrock and more!
•“Ghostbusters: Behind Closed Doors” Documentary – a 90-minute documentary about the making of Ghostbusters and the history of the franchise!
•Ghostbusters Dailies – over an hour of raw dailies, encompassing 7 scenes from the film
•Full TV Broadcast Version of the Film (in Standard Definition) – featuring alternate TV-safe takes
•16 Deleted Scenes
•TV Commercial from the Film + Commercial Outtakes
•1984 ShoWest Exhibitor Reel
• “A Moment With the Stars” Original EPK Featurette
•1984 Featurette
•SFX Team Featurette
•Cast and Crew Featurette
•Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective
•Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
•Ruth Oliver’s Library Ghost Scream Test
•Multi-Angle Explorations
•Storyboard Comparisons
•Photo Galleries
•“Ghostbusters” Music Video by Ray Parker, Jr.
•Theatrical Trailers & Promo

Special Features Disc 2 - Ghostbusters II & Ghostbusters: Afterlife
•“Reitman Squared” Scene Commentary – a look at two scenes from the film with Ivan & Jason Reitman
•19 Deleted Scenes – a collection of never-before-seen deleted scenes!
•Ghostbusters II Soundtrack Promo – a scene from the film with commentary from composer Randy Edelman
•Full TV Broadcast Version of the Film (in Standard Definition) – featuring alternate TV-safe takes
•7 Additional Deleted Scenes
•“The Oprah Winfrey Show: Cast of Ghostbusters II” – June 1989
•Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond
• Ghostbusters II Original EPK
•“On Our Own” Music Video by Bobby Brown
•Theatrical Trailers
•Jason’s Sneak Peek from Set of Ghostbusters: Afterlife
•Theatrical Trailers
OMG, that GB2 extra disc.... that's amazing!!! 19?! Homina homina homina.

Curious which scenes Ivan Reitman chose for these squared ones.

So it turns out ATC was always in the set in some form. The question now is why only digital and what specials will there be (probably just what was on the disc releases)?
Part of me wishes they'd done something beyond just a token digital download to give Answer The Call a little representation here, even if it was just some kind of short video with the cast and Paul Feig saying "oh yeah, there was a remake too if you wanna check it out sometime." But I totally get why they'd focus on just the Reitman trilogy. I mean, it's not the most popular of movies, and all its inclusion would do is end up doing is upset the people that really hated it.

What really bums me out though is I'd have liked to see something involving the cartoons included, even if it was just a couple of episodes of both shows. And that's really only because The Real Ghostbusters was my introduction to the franchise as a whole and I wanna see it get some more love from beyond just the diehard fanbase. :-P
Alphagaia liked this
I kind of wish Paul didn't stir the pot. He sounds like he's whining.

I can't say for certain whether or not Paul knew if ATC had anything coming out, but both movies are their own separate universes. It makes sense that ATC isn't included in this ultimate set, and It wouldn't surprise me if they have plans to do something else with the cartoons. The you tube uploads have been very successful.

If Sony had any plans on re- releasing ATC in a new package he could have just stepped on his own toes by saying something.
deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: December 27th, 2021, 5:19 pm So it turns out ATC was always in the set in some form.
Highly doubt that's true. It reeks of last minute adding it in to appease Feig's whining. PR can spin it all they want, but we all know.
RichardLess wrote: December 27th, 2021, 12:21 pm Holy shit.

19 deleted Ghostbusters 2 scenes.

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

Wow.

Looks like I’m getting ghostbusters again on home video
But then it says 7 additional deleted scenes? As in the pre-existing deleted scenes? Wow
RichardLess wrote: December 27th, 2021, 12:21 pm Holy shit.

19 deleted Ghostbusters 2 scenes.

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

Wow.

Looks like I’m getting ghostbusters again on home video
Oh wait, they're including Afterlife deleted scenes in that number :(
Very pleased to hear about all the new bonus features that are included with this set. Glad to see that Ruth Oliver's screen test will be included since it was not on any of the previous releases on DVD/ Blu Ray. Hope that more deleted scenes from Ghostbusters II are included as well, since we only got a small sample of them on the previous releases.
deadderek liked this
Yeah, there's a lot of material for the GB2 deleted scenes. The main ones are the Louis Sets A Trap For Slimer, more montage stuff (more of them jogging down the sidewalk, the original sign being replaced outside Firehouse, the Record Explosion bit with them in Santa hats, Jogger ghost bust, Egon and Ray studying slime wearing skullcaps), the scene right before Ray and Egon demo the mood slime that we saw in that Film 89 show recording least year, the scene when they talk to Rudy before they sweep the restoration room and take photos, Possessed Ray Driving, the Subway Frog, maybe a longer version of the slime covering up the museum (trailer #1 had some extended stuff), I think there's more alternate stuff when they arrive at the museum at the final act, Sherman Tully, the end of Louis and Slimer's bus scene, a bit in the GB2 Storybook implies there might be more of the Ghostbusters interacting with the crowd at the end of the movie, maybe them making a deal with Lenny to be paid or they will leave the Statue lying on the road, and the Liberty Island ceremony we save part of in the end credits. Some of these we've seen from William Forsche's B&W raw footage posts. The Slimer ending, idk, that would be really cool if that exists after all but at best I think it was as far as filming plates or something but I've long since concluded it only got as far as the storyboard phase. I'm very excited to learn that the 19 scenes are.
Kingpin, robbritton liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: December 27th, 2021, 11:36 pm Yeah, there's a lot of material for the GB2 deleted scenes. The main ones are the Louis Sets A Trap For Slimer, more montage stuff (more of them jogging down the sidewalk, the original sign being replaced outside Firehouse, the Record Explosion bit with them in Santa hats, Jogger ghost bust, Egon and Ray studying slime wearing skullcaps), the scene right before Ray and Egon demo the mood slime that we saw in that Film 89 show recording least year, the scene when they talk to Rudy before they sweep the restoration room and take photos, Possessed Ray Driving, the Subway Frog, maybe a longer version of the slime covering up the museum (trailer #1 had some extended stuff), I think there's more alternate stuff when they arrive at the museum at the final act, Sherman Tully, the end of Louis and Slimer's bus scene, a bit in the GB2 Storybook implies there might be more of the Ghostbusters interacting with the crowd at the end of the movie, maybe them making a deal with Lenny to be paid or they will leave the Statue lying on the road, and the Liberty Island ceremony we save part of in the end credits. Some of these we've seen from William Forsche's B&W raw footage posts. The Slimer ending, idk, that would be really cool if that exists after all but at best I think it was as far as filming plates or something but I've long since concluded it only got as far as the storyboard phase. I'm very excited to learn that the 19 scenes are.

I wonder if it includes the original ending and original “World of the Psychic” scene(that sequence was reshot with a new set, new actor & added dialogue to make it seem like the psychic foresaw the rise of Vigo). If memory serves, according to D Osborn the original version was much more low rent public access television looking.

I’ve said this so many times I’ve lost count but anyone whose read the original script of GB2 knoww we almost dodged a bullet. The end is literally, the GB’s drop in, Slime Janosz, Slime the painting/Vigo,. Threat over. No Venkman monologue, no Vigo knocking the GB’s down, no magic Vigo breath, no Vigo holding Oscar, no Dana tied up, No Ray possessed. And even with all that added the climax STILL feels rushed. Imagine it the way the script has it. Yikes…

Plus No Ghost train, no heads on spikes, no “Wiiinnnstttooon”, No Winston saving the GB’s from the fire, no eclipse, 2 less ghosts in the 3rd act montage. GB2 was saved in post production.

I only wish they’d include a workprint of GB2. Before all the reshoots and cut scenes. Imagine that. Still, what we are getting…it’s a ghostbusters miracle.

What’s weird is GB2 was so late in getting finished Oprah saw a version we didn’t. In that Oprah GB2 special Oprah mentions a scene where everyone sings kumbaya to the slime & Harold awkwardly tells her it was cut out.
Last edited by RichardLess on December 28th, 2021, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt, Kingpin liked this
RichardLess wrote: December 28th, 2021, 12:27 am I wonder if it includes the original ending and original “World of the Psychic” scene(that sequence was reshot with a new set, new actor & added dialogue to make it seem like the psychic foresaw the rise of Vigo). If memory serves, according to Dr. D, the original version was much more low rent public access television looking.

I only wish they’d include a workprint of GB2. Before all the reshoots and cut scenes. Imagine that. Still, what we are getting…it’s a ghostbusters miracle.

What’s weird is GB2 was so late in getting finished Oprah saw a version we didn’t. In that Oprah GB2 special Oprah mentions a scene where everyone sings kumbaya to the slime & Harold awkwardly tells her it was cut out.
Yeah, forgot about that one. Figured the original WotP scene was more in line like the one we saw in early drafts.

We can only hope they'll find that work print in the next salt mine. :P

Yeah, that was from the alternate version of them showing up at the museum I mentioned (they talk to Mayor, Jack gets sucked in, they talk to the Fire Captain who was the Fire Commissioner in GB1, don't make a dent, they ask everyone to sing kumbaya to weaken the shell, Ray uses his Ecto Goggles and learns they only made a dent the size of dime). We've seen some of it in trailers, deleted scenes, images from assorted books/magazines, the EPK but never seen a full restored version. Alex Newborn has stitched it together over the years.
Kingpin liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: Oh wait, they're including Afterlife deleted scenes in that number :(
What makes you say that?
I’d be happier with 12 GBII deleted scenes and 7 Afterlife. That’d mean we’d likely see the major Afterlife cuts we know about (and can put together a fan edit).
By d_osborn
BABY STEP TO FEB 1!

Regarding the GB2 deleted (alternate, extended) scenes, here’s my wish list. We obviously won’t get all of them, but I’m confident the following is all in the can, so to speak.

Ray’s Occult- Extended
Digging a Hole- Extended
Trial of the GBs- Extended
Ghost Jogger- Extended
Mink Coat- Extended
Brownstone Birthday- ECTO-1 Breaks Down
Venkman Admiring the New Sign
Slimer v Louis- Lunch
Slimer v Louis- KFC Trap
Slimer v Louis- Let’s Go Bowling
Parkview Hospital- GB’s Chat End of the World with Other Patients
Parkview Hospital- Louis Asks Cousin Sherman for Help
Parkview Hospital- GBs Leave Sherm and Louis Behind
GBs/Ecto 1A/HQ Montage shots
HQ- Venkman’s GB Boutique
ECTO 1A Leaving HQ at Night
ECTO 1A Arriving at Gracie Mansion
ECTO 1A/Possessed Ray Sequence
Museum Investigation- Venkman and Stantz Frighten Rudy
Museum Investigation- GBs Leave/Stantz Possessed
Museum Exterior/Slime Shell- GBs Gear Up/Fire Chief/Cumbaya/Stantz Checks Ectogoggles
Museum Exterior Original Ending- GBs Triumphant/Louis is Late/Mayor Billed
Liberty Island Ceremony
Edit— Subway Frog maybe?

I don’t think these will ever be released, but I’d love to see the original versions of World of the Psychic and the Titanic Pier Supervisors sequences. :love:
Last edited by d_osborn on December 28th, 2021, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt liked this
Kingpin wrote:The image seems to confirm the included Making Ghostbusters is a scaled-down reproduction.
I’m guessing it’s “Selections from…”, if that image is anything to go by. I don’t have it in front of me, but Making GB is pretty thick.

The more I look at it, I think that’s a mockup. Fingers crossed it’s the entire book.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: December 28th, 2021, 1:22 am
GhostFaceX wrote: Oh wait, they're including Afterlife deleted scenes in that number :(
What makes you say that?
I’d be happier with 12 GBII deleted scenes and 7 Afterlife. That’d mean we’d likely see the major Afterlife cuts we know about (and can put together a fan edit).
So in the original post it says this:

Special Features Disc 2 - Ghostbusters II & Ghostbusters: Afterlife
•19 Deleted Scenes – a collection of never-before-seen deleted scenes!

So I thought the 19 deleted scenes would combine both movies.

But here https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=29861

it lists the 19 deleted scenes specifically under Ghostbusters 2
d_osborn wrote: December 28th, 2021, 12:53 pm BABY STEP TO FEB 1!

Regarding the GB2 deleted (alternate, extended) scenes, here’s my wish list. We obviously won’t get all of them, but I’m confident the following is all in the can, so to speak.

Ray’s Occult- Extended
Digging a Hole- Extended
Trial of the GBs- Extended
Ghost Jogger- Extended
Mink Coat- Extended
Brownstone Birthday- ECTO-1 Breaks Down
Venkman Admiring the New Sign
Slimer v Louis- Lunch
Slimer v Louis- KFC Trap
Slimer v Louis- Let’s Go Bowling
Parkview Hospital- GB’s Chat End of the World with Other Patients
Parkview Hospital- Louis Asks Cousin Sherman for Help
Parkview Hospital- GBs Leave Sherm and Louis Behind
GBs/Ecto 1A/HQ Montage shots
HQ- Venkman’s GB Boutique
ECTO 1A Leaving HQ at Night
ECTO 1A Arriving at Gracie Mansion
ECTO 1A/Possessed Ray Sequence
Museum Investigation- Venkman and Stantz Frighten Rudy
Museum Investigation- GBs Leave/Stantz Possessed
Museum Exterior/Slime Shell- GBs Gear Up/Fire Chief/Cumbaya/Stantz Checks Ectogoggles
Museum Exterior Original Ending- GBs Triumphant/Louis is Late/Mayor Billed
Liberty Island Ceremony
Edit— Subway Frog maybe?

I don’t think these will ever be released, but I’d love to see the original versions of World of the Psychic and the Titanic Pier Supervisors sequences. :love:
What do you think the odds are that some of these have finished FX? Again…we know ILM finished the Slimer stuff and composited it into the film. We know this from some of the Cinefex images and the fact that the end credits feature the most random shot of Slimer imaginable. The rear view mirror bit(I can’t even tell you how confused I was when I first saw that. “Wait. What? Is Slimer in some sort of mirror? What the hell is going on there?”). I have a hard time believing they completed just that single shot of Slimer in the rear view mirror. But then that deleted scene we got on the first blu ray featured unfinished FX. That footage is somewhere damn it!

19 scenes. It’s going to be so hilarious if they are all terrible. We fans have been waiting decades to see some of this stuff and if the GB1 deleted scenes are any indication…Ivan has a good eye of what to keep and what to cut. Ghostbusters doesn’t have, in my opinion, a single unfunny scene. Everything that’s suppose to be funny is. But that changes with the deleted scenes. Those bums? My god. Those bums. If Ivan Reitman includes those bum scenes and doesn’t decide to edit out Elmer Bernstein’s awful disco Ghostbusters theme…something tells me the movie just wouldn’t be the classic it is.

Again, something I’ve mentioned numerous times but holy shit that first film had so many different things that could’ve brought it down & potentially derailed the film entirely, yet Ivan Reitman steered the movie just right every single time. It’s a miracle when you think about it. There’s a version of GB1 in some alternate universe with John Candy doing an unfunny Louis Tully in some German accent, a black Ecto 1 with purple lights, a disco main theme, Ghostbusters dressed in silly looking swat gear with helmets & metal rods that eject out of each sleeve instead of the proton pack we know and love, Paul Reubens in a business suit instead of Gozer, those awful unfunny bums and an Ecto 1 that burns parking tickets…

It’s crazy. Crazy.
deadderek liked this
By d_osborn
RichardLess wrote: What do you think the odds are that some of these have finished FX? Again…we know ILM finished the Slimer stuff and composited it into the film. We know this from some of the Cinefex images and the fact that the end credits feature the most random shot of Slimer imaginable. The rear view mirror bit(I can’t even tell you how confused I was when I first saw that. “Wait. What? Is Slimer in some sort of mirror? What the hell is going on there?”). I have a hard time believing they completed just that single shot of Slimer in the rear view mirror. But then that deleted scene we got on the first blu ray featured unfinished FX. That footage is somewhere damn it!
Dude, AGREED with the confusion of the mirror!

I wouldn't be shocked to see finished FX for the first two Slimer sequences-- the ones we see clips of in the movie. I see where you're coming from with the Cinefex stuff, but I don't believe those images are the smoking neutrona wand. Optical compositing on film was a very involved process, to say the least. They would have had looks tests on single frames, which is possibly what we're seeing in the Cinefex article. Perhaps that's why we have the strange shot selection in the credits.

There's also the chance that the unfinished composite was all Ghost Corps had within their reach for the Blu-ray. Maybe ILM has more finished versions of the scenes.

I'll gladly eat my Corcoran Side Zips if it turns out to be finished and we see the scenes in their full glory on the disc. :love:
RichardLess wrote: 19 scenes. It’s going to be so hilarious if they are all terrible. We fans have been waiting decades to see some of this stuff and if the GB1 deleted scenes are any indication…Ivan has a good eye of what to keep and what to cut.
I completely agree and anticipate that very thing. They were cut out of the movie for a reason. I bet there will be some funny pieces that were cut for time or pacing, though.

I'm curious if Ghost Corps had the GB2 dailies scanned, as well. Perhaps that's where this wealth of material is coming from.

The first test screening workprint is something I never thought we would see. Kahn showed a clip or two at FanFest, and I nearly fell out of my chair when Jason showed the Beta tape to Adam Savage. I just want to curl up in a warm ball of fuzzy happiness. ...and dailies?! I'm overloading here. I'm almost numb. Is this what cocaine feels like?

I didn't even glance at the other GB1 features. Are there any other new deleted scenes? The only thing that would put me more over the top would be Aykroyd's original treatment being published, along with the accompanying pitch art and VHS.

Reading through the bonus features felt like reading Troy Benjamin's "Dream GB DVD" content that he posted on GBHQ many moons ago. The craziest thing is that it's out in just over a month. It seems like we usually had to wait 6-12 months, if not longer, for this stuff once it was announced.
Really wish I'd had Ivan sign my DVD copy at Ghostbusters Fan Fest instead of my Steelbook. Since the Dan and Ernie Steelbook autographs were done in advance, and I also had them on the DVD, I'd have been able to sell the Stellbook, probably for almost enough to subsidize the new set (especially if Amazon ultimately price-matches Target and the other retailers).

But, after seeing that the entire book is included and seeing all of the new extras, I've been suckered one more time. Can't pass up the workprint of the original or the 19 deleted Ghostbusters II scenes, among the other new extras. Buying the book alone would cost more than the set!

As I'm sure anyone who has seen my posts can guess, I wish they'd included Ghostbusters (2016), just because it is "Ultimate." If they'd gone with a different name, like "Trilogy" or "Gozer," then I'd have let them off the hook. As it stands, I do think it's part of the franchise as a whole, and unlike the standard Blu-ray triple feature, it feels like this is meant to be the whole kahuna (although, of course, then you get into the idea of including the cartoons...).
Can anyone recommend where to pre-order this in the UK? Been on GB News as it’s only $99, however it can’t be delivered to the UK… Zavvi have it listed, but not sure it’s the ‘trap’ version… also, it’s £149 ($200) which is absolute insanity that they’re charging double.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

BennyP wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 7:15 am Can anyone recommend where to pre-order this in the UK? Been on GB News as it’s only $99, however it can’t be delivered to the UK… Zavvi have it listed, but not sure it’s the ‘trap’ version… also, it’s £149 ($200) which is absolute insanity that they’re charging double.
Amazon UK - £149

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghostbusters-G ... C88&sr=8-2

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]