Yup. Mine came today. Flipped through the Making Ghostbusters, I'd say it came out fantastic. Loved the type of paper they used, idk what it's called, but should last a long longer than the original print run. And yeah, the credit at the end was super dope. (And yeah, I totally checked my discs and thankfully, no repeats).

The box itself looks amazing. Probably the coolest one since Time Life's RGB box set.
deadderek, robbritton liked this
tylergfoster wrote: February 7th, 2022, 10:27 am Also, to be clear, I'm 75% of the way through the book and there have been hairs visible in the scan and a rough patch on a total of five pages, so it's not that big of a deal. I just thought it was interesting that this was a scan of the book and not a transcript.
Perhaps, Don Shay, the original author, no longer had the transcript.

There was an article about 5 years ago where Ivan and Dan mentioned they couldn't find a copy of Ghost Smashers, the original script treatment/outline. I wonder if the original plan for this set was to print that into a mini book then they decided on Making Ghostbusters next OR maybe both.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 7th, 2022, 4:08 pm
tylergfoster wrote: February 7th, 2022, 10:27 am Also, to be clear, I'm 75% of the way through the book and there have been hairs visible in the scan and a rough patch on a total of five pages, so it's not that big of a deal. I just thought it was interesting that this was a scan of the book and not a transcript.
Perhaps, Don Shay, the original author, no longer had the transcript.

There was an article about 5 years ago where Ivan and Dan mentioned they couldn't find a copy of Ghost Smashers, the original script treatment/outline. I wonder if the original plan for this set was to print that into a mini book then they decided on Making Ghostbusters next OR maybe both.
Another interesting bit, the Making Ghostbusters reprint still listed as a First Printing. I was curious if that would be tweaked.

I guess they were at the mercy of what still existed. Perhaps the original printing plates or layout pages couldn't be found. I know the original elements used for the layouts were sold. I have a few pieces of art with the Making Ghostbusters layout notes, like page number, position, percentage of reduction, etc.
d_osborn wrote:I guess they were at the mercy of what still existed. Perhaps the original printing plates or layout pages couldn't be found. I know the original elements used for the layouts were sold. I have a few pieces of art with the Making Ghostbusters layout notes, like page number, position, percentage of reduction, etc.
Your house is Hangar 51, isn't it? :P
spookcentral liked this
Well I finally got my American 8 disc set, and can confirm the following changes

Box - lights up on American, not on UK. There appears to be a basic light sensor on the left side of the case that goes off when discs are removed and the door is open. Not sure if/how the batteries can ever be changed. UK case just opens, that's it.
Sleeves - in American box for films 1,2,3, not UK
Disc cases - US has a thinner box for each disc where the two discs are displayed in a left-right arrangement. UK has one disc on the 'right' of the case and one on a central swinging insert. The UK disc cases are fatter, which may be why UK didn't get sleeves - OR it may be the reason that the US got sleeves - to fill the gap.
Art/design on back of Blu Ray cases is different - different copyrights, age ratings and so on. 'J-card' that sits over the outer plastic shell is similarly different, and is stuck down on the UK version in two places and only one in the US (so the US version flaps around more)
Both sets of discs are region A,B,C so should play anywhere.
Download codes included in US, not in UK.

Sadly, my US case arrived with a nasty rip all the way from the opening door down the side, and I'm guessing I can't even get a replacement for that now but I've emailed Sony. As I had it reshipped via MyUS to the UK, that's going to complicate matters too...
not the case on my one.

One issue I'd like to report - as with the 1+2 Steelbook, the "Slimer Mode" on Ghostbusters 84 is almost entirely silent - you can hear the background movie, but the speakers in the window are mute. Is there some sort of incompatibility with certain Blu Ray players that causes this?
Checked out the GB1 Dailies out of curiosity and was happy to see those 2 mystery deleted scenes. So Egon was falling asleep working on the equipment and Janine brought coffee. The end bit with him sleeping against the microscope was cute. Makes sense the other half of the scene was the one they showed at Fan Fest with Ray pressing those buttons on the console. It was a hilarious surprise there was more to the end of the Sedgewick bust with Mrs. Van Hoffman and her party going to the ballroom and screaming over the state of the ballroom.
Dr.D wrote: February 9th, 2022, 7:20 am
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 2:33 pm Low key best thing about this set?
This Post Contains Spoilers
Did I miss this? Where is this particular scene located?
GB2 Deleted Scenes. I'm not going to tell you which one so you have to watch them all! :angryvigo: I agree with the Clucking Chicken on this one. :love:
mrmichaelt wrote: February 9th, 2022, 6:27 am Checked out the GB1 Dailies out of curiosity and was happy to see those 2 mystery deleted scenes. So Egon was falling asleep working on the equipment and Janine brought coffee. The end bit with him sleeping against the microscope was cute. Makes sense the other half of the scene was the one they showed at Fan Fest with Ray pressing those buttons on the console. It was a hilarious surprise there was more to the end of the Sedgewick bust with Mrs. Van Hoffman and her party going to the ballroom and screaming over the state of the ballroom.
I loved the firehouse material! Hopefully Sony mines that raw footage well for all it's worth (looking at you GB2).
Last edited by d_osborn on February 9th, 2022, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt liked this
d_osborn wrote: February 9th, 2022, 8:31 am I loved the firehouse material! Hopefully Sony mines that raw footage well for all it's worth (looking at you GB2).
Agreed. I haven't gotten to the workprint yet so I don't know if it's in it but it was a minor bummer they didn't have the Detmerring scene where Ray and Winston talk to the park ranger. Still cool to see the ones from the previous release that I missed out on.

EDIT: Ah ok, so they were at 2 different points of the 1st montage. Floored there were brief bits of Egon fixing the roof rack or them checking under hood while they were out on a call. Or after the Tai Hong bust, Egon was right there on the right side of the screen eating Chinese food the whole time! Or one of the times they run out of their sleeping quarters, there's the blonde chick standing inside. Amazing what a difference an extra 9 minutes, alternate takes, and no score does to the movie! (I'm about 1 hr in)
Kingpin, robbritton, RedSpecial and 1 others liked this
So today's the day I got my Ultimate Edition from amazon Germany-delivered on official release, right on. I have no idea why this was the cheapest edition compared to US and UK, as the content and the packaging is the same as the UK. All my discs were correct, no duplicates. Sure we got German editions of the three main movies but the Special Features are all the same, no differences. "Making Ghostbusters" is the English print-I had expected it to be, but you never know. It's neat the trap doors are magnetic. To summarise: no green lights, no slip covers, no digital codes but all the discs and features of the UK edition. And it cost me 85€.

First thing I watched were the GB2 deleted scenes. The alternate WotP is really something-wow! I can't believe we still didn't get the full slime shell footage. The Parkview scene was great, I wish they had kept that in. Even with all those new additions it's incredible how much GB2 footage is still out there that's not been released. Next up: GB1 dailies and the preview cut-that'll be my weekend entertainment.
RedSpecial, azza200 liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: February 9th, 2022, 4:40 pm Floored there were brief bits of Egon fixing the roof rack or them checking under hood while they were out on a call. Or after the Tai Hong bust, Egon was right there on the right side of the screen eating Chinese food the whole time! Or one of the times they run out of their sleeping quarters, there's the blonde chick standing inside.
I audibly yelped several times during the montage!

It sounds to me like there was definitely a song present. I'm dying to know what it was.
Dr.D, mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: February 9th, 2022, 4:40 pm
d_osborn wrote: February 9th, 2022, 8:31 am I loved the firehouse material! Hopefully Sony mines that raw footage well for all it's worth (looking at you GB2).
Agreed. I haven't gotten to the workprint yet so I don't know if it's in it but it was a minor bummer they didn't have the Detmerring scene where Ray and Winston talk to the park ranger. Still cool to see the ones from the previous release that I missed out on.

EDIT: Ah ok, so they were at 2 different points of the 1st montage. Floored there were brief bits of Egon fixing the roof rack or them checking under hood while they were out on a call. Or after the Tai Hong bust, Egon was right there on the right side of the screen eating Chinese food the whole time! Or one of the times they run out of their sleeping quarters, there's the blonde chick standing inside. Amazing what a difference an extra 9 minutes, alternate takes, and no score does to the movie! (I'm about 1 hr in)
The montage was the bit that blew my mind the most - I’ve been looking forward to hearing everyone’s reaction to it!
mrmichaelt, Dr.D liked this
It was funny to see how scenes transitioned into the deleted scenes. Like the light bulb above my head goes off. The what an asshole transitions right into Louis and the prostitute. Getting to see the full extent of the Zombie Taxi Driver scene, we saw that brief motorcycle stunt driver snippet on Twitter years ago and now the full context of it. Ecto-1 driving by a bicyclist. The solo bit of when Ray comes out an apartment with the Trap and there's Peter and Egon waiting up on the sidewalk for him.

Peter telling the hotel manager they're only charging because Slimer was nasty. lol. Or they're accused of doing drugs then Egon yells Your Mother! Or Mike reacting "Biblical?"

Or I second guess myself and go watch the ending to see if Winston has Peter's pack the whole time and I never put 2 and 2 together.

Oh, just beautiful stuff. Bring on the work prints for the other movies! :D
I had gotten mine the Saturday before it was supposed to release. But I can't do anything with it until my Birthday late March The only exception I made was to check it to see if it contained the correct discs & not a double of a films 4K. Or a missing slip or digital copies I heard happen.

On another site forum I go to apparently the TV cuts are not original 80's cuts. I think they said something from the theatrical release instead of the tv replacements is still in the supposed to be all tv cut. Not sure if that is true and someone just not remembering the TV cut scenes right.

They wouldn't have to pay GM to show the Ecto 1 or 1A in deleted scenes. That is only for new stuff like toys replica diecast cars & such. Not only that I doubt they would have had the cop giving Ecto a ticket showing parts of the car if that had to do with it. Because there is enough recognizable GM design in the scene to have to pay for it. Also, the Fort scene from the steelbook had the Ecto 1 in it. So probably not a reason they didn't have Ray possessed driving Ecto 1A scene.
Kingpin liked this
The montage is amazing. So many wonderful little moments we've never seen. Something about new shots of the three of them in full uniform, the Ecto 1 in its prime running around NYC...it's amazing and I am so glad this stuff is seeing the light of day.

Can we talk about the impromptu press conference? To me, maybe the best bit of uncovered footage. Aykroyd's performance is impossible not to smile at, and I love Murray's energy in the scene as well.
The GB1 preview cut. Oh my Gozer. I cannot comprehend it. Like watching GB1 for the first time again. It's so similar and different-all at the same time! Mind-blown.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Watch the preview cut guys. Pray we get one for GB2 in the future. This was beyond awesome!
deadderek, kahuna900, azza200 and 2 others liked this
The Sedgewick aftermath press conference was amazing too see didnt expect that straight away. As other have said the original montage is incredible and i really liked seeing the full scenes from so many parts during film which were cut down in the final edit. It gives a whole new perspective on the movie and its worth paying the price just for the preview cut and the dallies etc The original World Of The Psychic imo is better then the one in the final edit of GB2.

What i didnt like about some of the GB2 deleted "new scenes" were they were just alternate takes and not that interesting Janosz making the noise a good example, while the other takes from outside the museum and the Parkview scenes were good new additions. So much potential awesome footage we have not yet seen from GB2 and not just generic short alt takes which were cobbled together for this release
RedSpecial, mrmichaelt liked this
azza200 wrote: February 11th, 2022, 1:46 pm The Sedgewick aftermath press conference was amazing too see didnt expect that straight away. As other have said the original montage is incredible and i really liked seeing the full scenes from so many parts during film which were cut down in the final edit. It gives a whole new perspective on the movie and its worth paying the price just for the preview cut and the dallies etc The original World Of The Psychic imo is better then the one in the final edit of GB2.

What i didnt like about some of the GB2 deleted "new scenes" were they were just alternate takes and not that interesting Janosz making the noise a good example, while the other takes from outside the museum and the Parkview scenes were good new additions. So much potential awesome footage we have not yet seen from GB2 and not just generic short alt takes which were cobbled together for this release
Yeah, I'm curious if there's more of the conference. Like did they film the bit where the 3 of them sing an ad hoc jingle or Egon answering the Superman question.

The WoTP was a interesting one. Definitely resembles the older drafts when Lane Walker goes to Peter for help. Speaking of, wonder where the audition tapes for Lane Walker are or who the frontrunner was before Sigourney Weaver signed on to reprise Dana.

Yeah, I was hoping there'd be both Sherman Tully scenes but we got one that's enough for now. What else is there like Loui's Chicken trap, possessed Ray driving, more of the montage (i.e. sign coming down, running around NYC etc), Egon and Ray in the skull caps testing slime, more of the Vigo 101 (them talking to Rudy, more in Restorations room), Subway frog, 2nd Sherman scene, and the Liberty Island ceremony? Or if they filmed anything else from the old drafts like them checking out the basement in ruins then Slimer shows up.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 11th, 2022, 7:34 pm
azza200 wrote: February 11th, 2022, 1:46 pm The Sedgewick aftermath press conference was amazing too see didnt expect that straight away. As other have said the original montage is incredible and i really liked seeing the full scenes from so many parts during film which were cut down in the final edit. It gives a whole new perspective on the movie and its worth paying the price just for the preview cut and the dallies etc The original World Of The Psychic imo is better then the one in the final edit of GB2.

Yeah, I'm curious if there's more of the conference. Like did they film the bit where the 3 of them sing an ad hoc jingle or Egon answering the Superman question.

The WoTP was a interesting one. Definitely resembles the older drafts when Lane Walker goes to Peter for help. Speaking of, wonder where the audition tapes for Lane Walker are or who the frontrunner was before Sigourney Weaver signed on to reprise Dana.

Yeah, I was hoping there'd be both Sherman Tully scenes but we got one that's enough for now. What else is there like Loui's Chicken trap, possessed Ray driving, more of the montage (i.e. sign coming down, running around NYC etc), Egon and Ray in the skull caps testing slime, more of the Vigo 101 (them talking to Rudy, more in Restorations room), Subway frog, 2nd Sherman scene, and the Liberty Island ceremony? Or if they filmed anything else from the old drafts like them checking out the basement in ruins then Slimer shows up.
Louis’s chicken trap is available online on YouTube. It’s weird they didn’t include it in the actual release.

Also: This set is selling like hotcakes.

Ghostbusters owned the # 1 AND 2 top blu ray sales of the week. Ghostbusters Afterlife was number 1 and the Ultimate Set was number 2. Which is crazy considering A) the price and B) how many times the first two movies have been released already. That’s pretty amazing.
Sav C, mrmichaelt, deadderek liked this
I think someone was asking about the TV versions. Definitely not the originals. Paul Rudoff figured it out.

For the GB1 TV version, that is not the September 1987 one but a late 90s TV edit. He says you can tell by
-First, the word "ass" is left in two times, instead of being cut out ("you guys have been running your ass off meeting and greeting") or replaced (with "knockabout of pure fun"). "Ass" was fine to use in the late 1990s, but definitely not in 1987. -The artificial camera pans are done digitally. They are unnaturally smooth compared to the way they would have been done in 1987.
-The mid-to-late 1990s Columbia TriStar Television Distribution logo appears at the end. That didn't exist in 1987.
-The end credits are in letterbox. In 1987, they would have been squeezed into 4:3 fullscreen. By the late 1990s, they didn't bother doing that and just cut from the 4:3 pan-and-scan version of the movie to 4:3 letterboxed end credits

Then for the GB2 TV version, he says that's the TV syndicated version and not the 1992 ABC broadcast version.
-If it were from 1992, the runtime should be a lot closer to 1 hour and 48 minutes (theatrical cut).
The lack of special features on Afterlife came as a disappointment. Mostly fluff. My guess is they're holding back for the 2024 inevitable release of the 40th anniversary.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]