Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By GBDRE760
Hey peeps. I hope this isn't going to be frowned upon as I am sure that some of this is from personal collections, I know I saw Sean Bishop's name on a few things, but I made the hour or so drive from my house down to Hollywood today to the Hollywood Museum to check out the Ghostbusters exhibit and I just thought that some of these photos may be nice for those who live too far to come to see the museum themselves. For those who have the means to go and check it out, I will say that you will enjoy your time there. On top of that, the museum staff was absolutely AWESOME!

Me with the OG Ecto-1

The signs outside

The Rear of the Ecto-1

A stunt trap?

A little roof action...

Egon

Proton Packs (including what appears to be one of the foam stunt proton packs)

Afterlife props

Random Shots
THawke, jonogunn, Kingpin and 3 others liked this
By Ecto24601
Thnx for sharing! Funny they labeled a Matty PKE a GB2 "Ghost Detector"! So what is genuine and what is replica in the exhibition? Are the Afterlife props the real deal?
GBDRE760 liked this
By mike_waclo
Ecto24601 wrote: December 5th, 2021, 2:21 am Thnx for sharing! Funny they labeled a Matty PKE a GB2 "Ghost Detector"! So what is genuine and what is replica in the exhibition? Are the Afterlife props the real deal?
From the looks of things, I think all of the Afterlife stuff was real. Everything else looked like it was contributed by fans. One of the packs was definitely an Anovos... You could see the "Anovos" stamps on the booster tube ladder, in place of the "Ticonderoga" marks on the pencils. And a lot of the uniforms were TruSpec, with accessories pieced together from the Primer Magazine instructions... Even the same dollar store calculator and pet leashes in place of the gizmo and belt fobs.
GBDRE760 liked this
By GBDRE760
mike_waclo wrote: December 5th, 2021, 7:19 am
Ecto24601 wrote: December 5th, 2021, 2:21 am Thnx for sharing! Funny they labeled a Matty PKE a GB2 "Ghost Detector"! So what is genuine and what is replica in the exhibition? Are the Afterlife props the real deal?
From the looks of things, I think all of the Afterlife stuff was real. Everything else looked like it was contributed by fans. One of the packs was definitely an Anovos... You could see the "Anovos" stamps on the booster tube ladder, in place of the "Ticonderoga" marks on the pencils. And a lot of the uniforms were TruSpec, with accessories pieced together from the Primer Magazine instructions... Even the same dollar store calculator and pet leashes in place of the gizmo and belt fobs.
I thought something looked odd about those packs and it is funny that the Anovos thing went right past me. The main thing that stood out as odd to me about the packs was the fact that they looked too "clean" and the bumpy, cast-iron-like texture was missing from the areas that it should be.
I think the exhibit is more centered around the Afterlife props, which I believe are real. The Afterlife props are also in their own display case, separate from the other cases.
By GBDRE760
THawke wrote: December 5th, 2021, 3:12 am Gotta love how they have the Phoebe mannequin holding the PKE meter upside down, lol.

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing!
You know, that was one thing that bugged me too, lol. It bugged me just like how Spirit Halloween still hasn't figured out that the proton gun is upside down on their box art, lol.
By gerard55
GBDRE760 wrote: December 5th, 2021, 10:09 am
THawke wrote: December 5th, 2021, 3:12 am Gotta love how they have the Phoebe mannequin holding the PKE meter upside down, lol.

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing!
You know, that was one thing that bugged me too, lol. It bugged me just like how Spirit Halloween still hasn't figured out that the proton gun is upside down on their box art, lol.
It looks wrong but if you think about it with the way the wrist is its in the correct position for the holder to use it. Would look odd if it was facing outwards.

It's interesting that the neutrona wand barrel is 2 slightly different diamaters, the frosted sections being narrower than the clear sections. Would take a few mins to do with a dremel but would be tricky as well. One of the OG wands has a sunken top white hat light and the other a normally installed one, plus the banjos on one seem to be fitted with wider red tubing in the brass then thinner diamater tubing for the long tube.
By Alex Newborn
GBDRE760 wrote: December 4th, 2021, 10:27 pmImage
Oh man, I would love to find this pic in a digital copy.

I've been curious what that handheld computer is for a while. You can glimpse it in a deleted scene on the Electronic Press Kit.

Alex
By Kingpin
Alex Newborn wrote: December 6th, 2021, 5:59 am
GBDRE760 wrote: December 4th, 2021, 10:27 pmImage
Oh man, I would love to find this pic in a digital copy.

I've been curious what that handheld computer is for a while. You can glimpse it in a deleted scene on the Electronic Press Kit.

Alex
Looks like a Phillips PX-2000, you can just make out the acoustic coupler on the underside in the photo: LINK
Alex Newborn liked this
By Kingpin
One time wrote: December 6th, 2021, 6:34 pm So the 84 packs and wands here are not screen used in Afterlife?
Between a number of Packs having been auctioned off over the years, and others being kept in the Sony archives, the "classic" packs seen in Ghostbusters: Afterlife were new builds for the film, the clearest indications are the red Cylotron lights rotating in similar fashion to the Spengler Pack, and apparently the trigger tips all having the same pronounced bend to them.
One time wrote: December 6th, 2021, 6:34 pmSo funny they used a Matty PKE meter!
As far as I think we're aware a Matty PKE wasn't used in the movie. The one in the Museum exhibit is a stand-in for the screen-used original/s from 1984, which are in private ownership.
By One time
Kingpin wrote: December 6th, 2021, 7:23 pm
One time wrote: December 6th, 2021, 6:34 pm So the 84 packs and wands here are not screen used in Afterlife?
Between a number of Packs having been auctioned off over the years, and others being kept in the Sony archives, the "classic" packs seen in Ghostbusters: Afterlife were new builds for the film, the clearest indications are the red Cylotron lights rotating in similar fashion to the Spengler Pack, and apparently the trigger tips all having the same pronounced bend to them.
One time wrote: December 6th, 2021, 6:34 pmSo funny they used a Matty PKE meter!
As far as I think we're aware a Matty PKE wasn't used in the movie. The one in the Museum exhibit is a stand-in for the screen-used original/s from 1984, which are in private ownership.
Thanks. Yeah I meant in the museum. The movie used an entirely different PKE meter to the Matty. As far as I could tell the movie one had:

Insane weathering
See through wings where the paint rubbed off
Variable kelvin white wing lights
Pop out extendible wings
An additional graph function on the middle red light switch position
Finger notches on the left side of the grip

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]