Photo Credit: Buffalo Ghostbusters

In an update to our previous story, the full-size replica of the firehouse sign organised by the Buffalo Ghostbusters and Sony Pictures has arrived at Hook & Ladder №8 in Tribeca, where it was seen being installed earlier today in advance of the New York premier of Ghostbusters: Afterlife tomorrow.
RedSpecial, JimCem99, gamera1968 and 1 others liked this
groschopf wrote: November 14th, 2021, 9:18 pm
DH2002 wrote: November 14th, 2021, 8:12 pmImage
Isn't that the Hollywood Collectibles one?
Yeah it is. You can see how small it is compared to the picture the Buffalo GBs took. The 1:1 sign is at least as big as the bottom Window for comparison.
Kingpin liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote: November 15th, 2021, 12:13 am Was there ever a reason stated why the 1:1 sign was not built double sided? Looks nice in the window but not quite as magical as hanging proper.
It's double-sided, I presume they either hung it like this for easier photo-opportunities for the premier, or they haven't yet got a hanging bracket sorted for it (I've no idea if it's heavier than the Ghostbusters II sign they have).

I still can't get over how clean the Firehouse looks, it looks like construction was finished on it last year, not a century ago.
Kingpin wrote: November 15th, 2021, 4:53 am
Ectojeff88 wrote: November 15th, 2021, 12:13 am Was there ever a reason stated why the 1:1 sign was not built double sided? Looks nice in the window but not quite as magical as hanging proper.
It's double-sided, I presume they either hung it like this for easier photo-opportunities for the premier, or they haven't yet got a hanging bracket sorted for it (I've no idea if it's heavier than the Ghostbusters II sign they have).

I still can't get over how clean the Firehouse looks, it looks like construction was finished on it last year, not a century ago.
I still can't quite believe this is just one half of the original firehouse...and that there are not more photos of the pre-1914 configuration.
Kingpin liked this
Ecto24601 wrote: November 15th, 2021, 6:56 am I still can't quite believe this is just one half of the original firehouse...and that there are not more photos of the pre-1914 configuration.
Chances are there are some photographs of the full structure in it's double-bay configuration, but they're either in private archives, or haven't yet been digitized.

Would love to see the full front of the building from when it was originally built.
Kingpin wrote: November 15th, 2021, 4:53 am

Well they did a bit of a renovation over the last couple years, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]