Kingpin wrote: January 19th, 2022, 7:21 pmLet me give you a little perspective.

Suffering is someone dying of Covid in a hospital ward without any of their family being able to visit them.

Suffering is nearly dying from pancreatitis, and having to be stuck with various bits of metal for drip feeds and monitors to keep check on your vitals, which ultimately make it extremely difficult to fall asleep at night. And on top of that, having a compromised immune system that means friends and family can't get too close in case they pass on an infection that would be otherwise harmless.

Suffering is being beaten in the street over your perceived sexuality and having to re-adapt to life following brain damage from that attack.

Suffering is losing your job because a fellow employee lied about you.

Suffering is finding out your daughter was given a date rape drug on a night out.

(Each of these scenarios has happened to people I know or work with)

What isn't suffering? Finding out part of a toy has been recoloured orange.

What you and many other soon-to-be neutrona wand owners are experiencing is not suffering. What you are experiencing is a minor inconvenience.

Really? I bit of an overaction I think. If you enforced this reasoning to most of the threads on this site, there wouldn't be much content to discuss. :)
jonogunn, Ecto24601 liked this
kahuna900 wrote: January 20th, 2022, 3:33 pm Really? I bit of an overaction I think.
It seemed an appropriate response to the overreaction to the wand getting the orange tip.
Dr.D wrote: January 20th, 2022, 4:38 pm Honestly, this should be the end of the discussion.
It will be.

As I requested only yesterday that any further discussion of the wand should be done in wand thread.
At GB Day, Jenny Whitlock shared pics of the pack like the clippard, ion arm, interior. Said current prototype weighs 15 pounds. Announces the Egon's journal will now be 32 pages instead of 16 and will have sketches, designs, newspaper clippings spanning 1984-1989 and beyond. Hasbro will post a new blog about the pack soon.
deadderek, zeta otaku liked this
Oh shit! The Neutrino wand WILL be able to turn on the pack!

The caveat is that it has to be within 5 minutes of it being powered off but still, that’s pretty cool and not something they originally advertised and something ALOT of fans whined about. So very cool!

I’ve waited 30 years to have a proton pack. I’m a busy man with almost no electrical or craft making skill/patience so this thing is a god send. I can’t wait.

I just wish I was 10 years old again so that it would be socially acceptable for me to legit play with this thing.
oidoglr, robbritton, jonogunn and 2 others liked this
Looks like they have fixed the cyclotron ring sizes and changed two cables in the top left. What differences can you see?

Quick and dirty comparison I knocked up between the first prototype and the most recent prototype update shown at Ghostbusters Day

jonogunn liked this
Ecto_1X wrote: June 8th, 2022, 10:51 pm I still find it so weird the Ion Arm (plate?) doesn't have the screw holes
I’m surprised out of all the details they did improve, this was missed. I am pretty active over on the FB groups where even Bill Rawley from Hasbro was participating and I can’t recall anyone pointing this one out to him or Haslab specifically though.
oidoglr wrote: June 9th, 2022, 8:58 am
Ecto_1X wrote: June 8th, 2022, 10:51 pm I still find it so weird the Ion Arm (plate?) doesn't have the screw holes
I’m surprised out of all the details they did improve, this was missed. I am pretty active over on the FB groups where even Bill Rawley from Hasbro was participating and I can’t recall anyone pointing this one out to him or Haslab specifically though.
Is there a channel for feeding back now? I'm glad the wonky cyclotron rings from the first photo were sorted out, but I'd hate for something to go amiss and have them say "well, no one told us". With the key players (presumably) out of the FB groups (assuming Spengler's 1984 Workshop here?) how would these messages get back to the right people?

On the other hand, it's looking bloody good now, and very solid going by that profile shot.
UEF wrote: June 9th, 2022, 9:03 am
oidoglr wrote: June 9th, 2022, 8:58 am

Is there a channel for feeding back now? I'm glad the wonky cyclotron rings from the first photo were sorted out, but I'd hate for something to go amiss and have them say "well, no one told us". With the key players (presumably) out of the FB groups (assuming Spengler's 1984 Workshop here?) how would these messages get back to the right people?

On the other hand, it's looking bloody good now, and very solid going by that profile shot.
Yeah, I wish it would be possible to reach out to the team. One of the booster tube (?) cables is black instead of blue, the cloth cover for one of the new cables is a pale yellow instead of the neon we see on the actual prop, the ribbon cable is too dirty and weathered and I'm not happy with the power cell featuring a clear cover with blue LEDs instead of a blue cover with clear LEDs. All minor things that could have been changed easily already but deliver a more accurate picture.

BUT. The wand can activate the pack. AWESOME NEWS!!
One time liked this
Maybe they already have a feedback channel with a trusted fan or two who is able to suggest corrections. It’s too good to be operating in a vacuum… I assume?

E.g. what happened with afterlife, where it turned out that Calgary had produced the badges and Fincher had produced the ribbon cables etc - maybe someone who knows all this stuff is advising.
What was wrong with the cyclotron rings? I can’t really tell.

Cool update but was hoping for more and maybe a video demonstration.

I can’t really tell where the 5 c- clamp holes are.

I hope the hose was improved on. It’s hard to tell from the pics. I recall seeing it on adam savage and it looked really stiff. Hopefully they made a better version. The lower end that connects to the pack looks stiff and looks very weird sticking out so much. The actual movie prop is curved and flexible looking.

Agreed about some of the color choices. Hopefully they just didn’t prioritize these things for now because it’ll look like we will need to do a lot of aesthetics modding.

The wand powering on the pack is cool but weird that it has to be a 5 min window. I don’t know much about electronics but I’m guessing that after turning it off the battery goes into some low power standby for 5minutes and once it receives a power draw from the wand it’ll trigger the pack back up. I’m guessing the 5min window is to prevent battery drain.

The updates I wanted to know is does the pack have activation and shut down sounds on its own? If so wouldnt powering it on via the wand be odd with two sound effects playing? This feature doesn’t seem that interesting to me especially with a 5minute window. Better than nothing given what we knew about it’s connectivity capabilities. When I heard the news I did hope there was some better interactions they found but good for them to at least finding this.

How does the cyclotron rotating lights look?

I’m gonna assume there will be more updates to come so I’m not bothered
jonogunn wrote: June 9th, 2022, 12:38 pm

I hope the hose was improved on. It’s hard to tell from the pics. I recall seeing it on adam savage and it looked really stiff. Hopefully they made a better version. The lower end that connects to the pack looks stiff and looks very weird sticking out so much. The actual movie prop is curved and flexible looking.
You can see some of the clamp holes here: https://i.shgcdn.com/58aa9517-6678-4b44 ... y/lighter/

In the Adam Savage video the Hasbro rep said they will make the final version hose as flexible as possible.
Ecto24601 wrote: June 9th, 2022, 1:09 pm
jonogunn wrote: June 9th, 2022, 12:38 pm

You can see some of the clamp holes here: https://i.shgcdn.com/58aa9517-6678-4b44 ... y/lighter/

In the Adam Savage video the Hasbro rep said they will make the final version hose as flexible as possible.
Is it the 4 holes in the middle?
Ecto24601 wrote: June 9th, 2022, 9:58 am ..... and I'm not happy with the power cell featuring a clear cover with blue LEDs instead of a blue cover with clear LEDs. All minor things that could have been changed easily already but deliver a more accurate picture.
Is it a certainty that the power cell on film has a blue lens with clear LEDs? looks like a clear lens with blue LEDs to me: Image
What I find annoying is that both of the prototype lenses are more of an opaque white, when they should probably be clear.
ZLevee wrote: June 9th, 2022, 8:52 pm
Ecto24601 wrote: June 9th, 2022, 9:58 am ..... and I'm not happy with the power cell featuring a clear cover with blue LEDs instead of a blue cover with clear LEDs. All minor things that could have been changed easily already but deliver a more accurate picture.
Is it a certainty that the power cell on film has a blue lens with clear LEDs? looks like a clear lens with blue LEDs to me: Image
What I find annoying is that both of the prototype lenses are more of an opaque white, when they should probably be clear.
In rays pack there are scuffed parts on the powercell that have yellowish light from the LED’s shining through. So I believe it is confirmed they have non-blue LED’s with a blue lens
ZLevee, UEF, One time liked this
jonogunn wrote: June 9th, 2022, 9:15 pm In rays pack there are scuffed parts on the powercell that have yellowish light from the LED’s shining through. So I believe it is confirmed they have non-blue LED’s with a blue lens
Right, I forgot about that. In fact the yellow light coming through the scuffed paint is in the very scene shown by the images I used above, although in these stills its harder to see than if you watch the scene.

So I guess the real thing is a clear-blue lens, rather than the opaque blue that is often used such as on the Spirit pack, or what was shown on the original HasLab prototype pack.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 9th, 2022, 9:35 pm Does Egon's packs have the same lens' color? Because this HasLab pack is based on the Egon pack. Not the Peter one. Not the Ray one. Not the Winston one.
Egon's Afterlife pack may not match Egon's GB1 pack, but the GB1 packs probably all matched. To your point though, the HasLab pack is modeled on Egon's Afterlife pack, and it's hard to tell how that power cell was constructed -- but you can catch a close-up for an instant at 0:35 in this video:
Last edited by ZLevee on June 9th, 2022, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: June 9th, 2022, 9:35 pm Does Egon's packs have the same lens' color? Because this HasLab pack is based on the Egon pack. Not the Peter one. Not the Ray one. Not the Winston one.
Pics of the actual prop on tested looks blue

Does anyone know why they went with no welding for a lot of the parts in the afterlife version?
mrmichaelt liked this
jonogunn wrote: June 9th, 2022, 10:49 pm
Pics of the actual prop on tested looks blue....
The best shot of the power cell in Tested's photos of the Afterlife pack that I can find is #102, which is unlit (no photos seem to show it lit), and not convincing of anything:
https://www.tested.com/culture/ghostbus ... toId=24655
but I'll still give it to you based on ray's GB1 pack:
mrmichaelt liked this
For people querying the cyclotron rings - compare the inner red parts (or where they would be) with the proportionate size of the ring around them. Particularly the lower two, where it's most obvious.

In order: Afterlife, Haslab 1, Haslab 2

It looks to me as if they're closer on Prototype 2, but not quite there yet.
ZLevee wrote: June 9th, 2022, 8:52 pm Is it a certainty that the power cell on film has a blue lens with clear LEDs? looks like a clear lens with blue LEDs to me:
The 1980s Pack props had clear incandescent light bulbs behind coloured plastic lenses.
mrmichaelt, Welsh Pirate, oidoglr and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 10th, 2022, 3:24 am
ZLevee wrote: June 9th, 2022, 8:52 pm Is it a certainty that the power cell on film has a blue lens with clear LEDs? looks like a clear lens with blue LEDs to me:
The 1980s Pack props had clear incandescent light bulbs behind coloured plastic lenses.
And there's a very good reason for that - blue LEDs weren't invented until the early 90s (energy efficient ones at least), and the inventors received a Nobel prize in 2014 for it.

https://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=11451

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29518521

Hence why you'll generally see blue lights on more modern kit, and lots more red LEDs on older things. (TV standby lights, for example)
Seems that not only Hasbro pulse members get the green ectoplasm attachment, if I read that section of the recent blog post correctly:
Oh, that’s right, it’s just our custom ecto-plasm (available only to backers that ordered through Hasbro Pulse by Friday, October 29th, at 7:00 PM EST) and marshmallow goo attachments.
To me this reads like "early-backers" instead of pulse members. Too bad it won't apply to me as I ordered early but had to go the zavvi way. Well, I will find out on unboxing.
ccv66 liked this

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]