Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
JonXCTrack wrote: June 8th, 2023, 10:58 am
DancingToaster wrote: June 8th, 2023, 10:47 am

Plus, that newer stuff would probably break down in 2 months anyway (glares at kitchen appliances), while that 70s/80s gear might still work just fine!
This is a great point. My wife's mother has an in-law apartment at her house. The refrigerator and stove are both from the 1980s and work perfectly fine.
I had one microwave that was from either the 80s or early 90s that only broke down a few years ago, then have gone through like 3-4 more since then, and those weren't from no-name brands. If the old gear works (doesn't have to be "smart" gear or internet-connected, which could cause other problems anyway), keep using it!. I'd definitely like to see some new ghostbusting gear, which will apparently be the case, but it makes sense to use whatever's around, especially if the business only got running again recently and not much work was done on equipment beforehand.
JonXCTrack wrote: June 8th, 2023, 11:12 am I know its not entirely related to Firehouse, and the mods can move this post to the video game thread, but....

https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 5601856512

That hand looks awfully familiar!
Well, Sam Hain is a ghost from our past.
Don't think he will actually be in the movie. Must admit, after Bug Eye getting an on-screen reference we might get more ghosts from the cartoon or toy line.

Probably not related, but it's also the title of the book Erin and Abby wrote in ATC. Well, the title says ghosts.
Last edited by Alphagaia on June 8th, 2023, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DancingToaster, Kingpin liked this
DancingToaster wrote: June 8th, 2023, 11:13 am I had one microwave that was from either the 80s or early 90s that only broke down a few years ago, then have gone through like 3-4 more since then, and those weren't from no-name brands. If the old gear works (doesn't have to be "smart" gear or internet-connected, which could cause other problems anyway), keep using it!. I'd definitely like to see some new ghostbusting gear, which will apparently be the case, but it makes sense to use whatever's around, especially if the business only got running again recently and not much work was done on equipment beforehand.
That's the same situation my Grandmother had with her microwave. Can't recall the brand name but it was one of those very huge microwaves from the late 80's, but I think it's still working. I still have an N.E.S. System that works, SEGA, and SNES consoles that play just fine. Granted they're in storage at the moment, but they still work. Hell, I have a laserdisc player somewhere. Nintendo should be given props for building Consoles that last. Awesome to the see updated set though.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 8th, 2023, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote coding
DancingToaster liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: June 8th, 2023, 12:12 pm
Davideverona wrote: June 8th, 2023, 11:49 am So far we had:
- happy Gb day video
- Spirit Unleashed update announcement
- Dark Horse comic book sneak peek.

Do you think we'll get something juicy Firehouse related?
Where did you see the sneak peek of the comic?
Character drawings:

https://twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/sta ... 2417242114
groschopf wrote: June 8th, 2023, 9:31 am Ahhh, the interior set.

Oh, and a Ghostbusters hot-beverage thermal mug for the kids!

Goddamn is it good to see the Firehouse interior again. :) Looks like they've even worked in a little bit of Fire Station №23's third floor into the room behind Dan (seen notably as the birthday party scene in Ghostbusters II).
Anything Firehouse related I bet they're saving for last.
Exciting day! Join us tonight at 8pm on YouTube for full coverage and breakdown of all of today's developments! (Sorry for the cheap plug, but hey, it's Ghostbusters Day!)

YHSCraig wrote: June 8th, 2023, 1:29 pm Exciting day! Join us tonight at 8pm on YouTube for full coverage and breakdown of all of today's developments! (Sorry for the cheap plug, but hey, it's Ghostbusters Day!)

...what developments? I've only seen the Spirits Unleashed tease and a comic book sketch.
ZedR, Corey91 liked this
YHS folks likely have a cameo in the new movie. Good for them.
RedSpecial liked this
BatDan wrote: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT81Yx3Gw/

Edit: damnit. Late.
The set is awesome.

I'm wondering if that second set of lockers are for Grooberson, Callie, and Trevor. I assume Phoebe will take Egon's locker. I could make out "Zeddemore" on the locker to the left of Egon's. The other names I couldn't see, but I assume it's Stantz and Venkman.
DancingToaster, BatDan liked this
ZedR wrote: June 8th, 2023, 2:17 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: June 8th, 2023, 10:21 am "A ghost from the past" could easily be a metaphor for Peck.
Nah, Mayor Fiorello La Guardia is back...and he's Pissed😆
He probably gave a bunch of advice to Lenny during their talk, and none of it was ever followed!
Kingpin wrote: June 8th, 2023, 3:00 pm
Jdavis777 wrote: June 8th, 2023, 2:47 pm Eric just post this on his Instagram story ..

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT81YQaky/
Holy shit! :O

McKenna has won Ghostbusters Day. :)
This is hilarious (and I usually find these tiktok videos annoying). Now we need one in character, telling bad jokes!
Kingpin liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]