Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
There’s already a cartoon announced.

I think GB4 will do good. No reason it wouldn’t. I think there will be a part 5.

It does bother me though about the box office stuff though. That the budget to profit ratio is what determines a “success” or “fail”. I get it but it’s not a movie’s fault if it’s too expensive when a good amount of people still saw it. Like with ATC. I liked the movie fine but of course prefer GBA and being in continuity with the originals.
jonogunn wrote: March 20th, 2023, 5:25 pm
Ecto24601 wrote: March 20th, 2023, 2:40 pm The tweet by the official GB twitter account created quite a bit of action. Shows if they would, they could be better. The interest is certainly there as seen today.

On a personal note, my Haslab packs were finally shipped and are due to be delivered on Friday. YAY! I'll be fully equipped when GB4 hits the cinemas.
How come yours took so long to arrive?
Back in December my payment didn't get through, although I solved the issue within hours zavvi pushed my order back. At least it didn't get cancelled! Anxious months of "will they really get more packs and ship them?" later and I can relax until I will be screaming with ecstasy once I lay my hands on it.
jonogunn liked this
Mercifull wrote:Think about the effects in Everything Everywhere All At Once... then consider this fact.

"All the VFX for this film were done by 9 people, including the two directors, with the majority of the shots being done by a core group of 5 people. None of the VFX team went to school for VFX. They were all friends who taught themselves with tutorials they found online for free."

Firehouse doesn't need Marvel levels of cinematic "awe" nebulas, planets, space ships etc, it just needs realism and subtlety. A blend of cgi and practical is what grounds us in reality. It's why the effects in Everything Everywhere actually look better than some of the janky shots in the new Ant Man despite not having a huge team of artists working flat out.
The effects in GB1 still hold up pretty well overall. Some of the "old-looking" effects give the creatures a more realistic feel; even the stop motion movements of the terror dogs add to their creepiness. Most of the ghostbusting montage is basically the actors running around NYC carrying boxes with smoke coming out, and it works.
Afterlife's level of effects was an appropriate level to continue with, I think. It shouldn't be Marvel, where you have to make an effort to find any real humans in parts that look like videogame cutscenes; it should have a grounded atmosphere.
Sav C, deadderek liked this
Thanks to the leak of the Hell's Kitchen working title, I have a suspicion the production might be using a new one to throw people off the scent.

The reason I think this is because of a recent news story which caught my attention.
"A flick titled Spiral will have interior scenes shot in Kings Langley's Fred and Ginger Coffee from 8am to 1pm tomorrow (March 22)."

"It is also currently unclear who will be starring in it or when it will be released. The production company has been contacted for more details."

"Residents were told about the filming via letter, with SP Film Productions saying it will be donating to the community food bank at All Saints Church as a 'thank you'."
https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/leisu ... gh-street/

Now if you don't know, SP Film Productions is the company Sony uses for all their UK-shot productions. You can even see it on the Production Weekly listing.

Now since (as far as I can tell) Sony has no other productions shooting in the UK, and given that King's Langley is only a five minute taxi drive away from Leavesden Studios...
mrmichaelt, deadderek liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: March 21st, 2023, 2:08 pm Aside from Celeste O'Connor do we know if any other cast members have arrived in England?
No, we do not.

But that doesn't mean they aren't already there. Like some here have postulated, some of actors could have slipped into the UK without being spotted. Last week, Coon was in NYC for her Colbert appearance. Rudd was there earlier for the tailend of Ant-Man press tour. Wolfhard was in Tokyo earlier this month presenting at an anime award ceremony. I think Grace had a concert in LA end of last month.
Upon further inspection it does look like the Production Weekly posted on the Michigan Ghostbusters page was a modified copy of the listing that had been posted here. With that said I feel a lot of the recently-deleted disagreement could've been avoided with a simple "side-by-side" comparison. In the absence of that having been done earlier, I'll post it now for future reference:

There'll be a temporary lock to allow the Mod Team to do a little cleanup in here.
So Paul Rudd was spotted in the UK. Looks like we have another person confirmed. :)
oidoglr, Hairy Biker liked this
deadderek wrote:So Paul Rudd was spotted in the UK. Looks like we have another person confirmed. :)
I believe you're referring to this tweet from Tuesday?
https://twitter.com/Catboy92/status/1638283944377344001
"First full day in London. Wife spotted @clairesweeney this morning. Then later, we’re on an escalator with Paul Rudd in front of us. As he u-turns to get on the next escalator, he gives me ‘the look’. We ride down two more escalators with him. My girls were freaking out."

Ha ha, right after my post that any of the actors could have slipping into the UK without posting on social media or being spotted by paparazzi.

I did a double take on one of WB Leavesden's posts but I don't think it's a N. Moore Street set. The doorway doesn't match the size of Hook and Ladder's, imo. But seems like they have the capacity to do so if needed before they head to NYC.
https://twitter.com/WBSLeavesden/status ... 6813924353

Also from Monday, so on Gil's clapper - Scene 21. Hmm.

As for the Fred and Ginger Coffee, the production wouldn't say what movie it was and no actors were recognized. One article claims it was for the Kraven movie.
https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/movies/vill ... 15463.html
https://www.mynewsmag.co.uk/and-action- ... vel-movie/
deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 4:12 am I did a double take on one of WB Leavesden's posts but I don't think it's a N. Moore Street set. The doorway doesn't match the size of Hook and Ladder's, imo. But seems like they have the capacity to do so if needed before they head to NYC.
https://twitter.com/WBSLeavesden/status ... 6813924353
My first thought is that if we see any Firehouse exterior set (as opposed to the real Hook & Ladder №8), it may be a bit of facade mounted to the interior set to ground the two locations as a single building, like the facade they built for Fire Station №23 back in '83:

I hope that we might get to see the concept they'd planned for the first film, but never had in the edit: having the camera/characters dolly through the New York exterior into the Los Angeles interior in one single camera shot.
Got excited when Ben Eadie posted a photo of himself flying overseas, but it looks like he was heading to Colombia with the FX company he's been working with (they did that animatronic walking "Thing" hand for the Wednesday promo). So I don't believe he's involved in production, they most likely have a UK-based team handling props. Which makes sense, they used a Canadian team for Afterlife. I just hope the new prop team is allowed to share as much as Ben did, he was so generous with his time and knowledge and the GB community owes him a lot of gratitude.
Now if we can just get Adam Savage and the Tested team over there for a bit to film some behind the scenes content...
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
prodestrian wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 3:13 pm Got excited when Ben Eadie posted a photo of himself flying overseas, but it looks like he was heading to Colombia with the FX company he's been working with (they did that animatronic walking "Thing" hand for the Wednesday promo). So I don't believe he's involved in production, they most likely have a UK-based team handling props. Which makes sense, they used a Canadian team for Afterlife. I just hope the new prop team is allowed to share as much as Ben did, he was so generous with his time and knowledge and the GB community owes him a lot of gratitude.
Now if we can just get Adam Savage and the Tested team over there for a bit to film some behind the scenes content...
Adam was in the UK recently, but I think he's back now
prodestrian liked this
prodestrian wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 3:13 pm Got excited when Ben Eadie posted a photo of himself flying overseas, but it looks like he was heading to Colombia with the FX company he's been working with (they did that animatronic walking "Thing" hand for the Wednesday promo). So I don't believe he's involved in production, they most likely have a UK-based team handling props. Which makes sense, they used a Canadian team for Afterlife. I just hope the new prop team is allowed to share as much as Ben did, he was so generous with his time and knowledge and the GB community owes him a lot of gratitude.
Adam alone gave us more "special features" than the Afterlife disc did.
prodestrian liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 6:26 am That would be pretty rad. Was that in Making Ghostbusters?
Yep, on page 34 (of the mini-edition included in the Ultimate Blu-ray set, anyway):
EXT. FIREHALL -- DAY

An abandoned brick, four-story fire station built by the city around the
turn of the century. It bears a coat of faded red paint and legend above
the garage door in chipped gilt letters: Engine Company #93. The garage
doors open revealing Venkman standing in the white-tiled garage bay with a
middle aged REAL ESTATE WOMAN wearing a blazer.

INT. GARAGE BAY -- DAY

Venkman is looking around.

R/E WOMAN
Besides this, you've got another substantial
work area on the ground floor, office space,
sleeping quarters and showers on the next
floor, and you have your full kitchen on the
top level. It's 10,000 square feet total.
deadderek, mrmichaelt liked this
Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]