Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
prodestrian wrote: April 5th, 2023, 10:44 pm
deadderek wrote:I still don't care for releasing Ghostbusters movies around Thanksgiving or close to Christmas.
That's when Afterlife was released here in Australia (1st January 2022, yes we had to avoid spoilers for six excruciating weeks). But December is summer here, flightsuits really aren't fun in 105°F+ heat :lol:
Dude, tell me about it. We did a night at Luna Park Melbourne, it was 37° and I was at the time 170kg. It was excruciating.
deadderek, prodestrian liked this
Kingpin wrote: April 5th, 2023, 5:47 pm Given what happened to Shazam: Fury of the Gods, that may not be as much of a danger as it used to be now.
The first Aquaman movie made over a billion dollars. Shazam made about 700 million dollars LESS. The first Shazam wasn’t a big hit at all. I wouldn’t sleep on Aquaman because Shazam 2 didn’t do well. Did you see that movies marketing? It was crap. Lame villains. Plus everyone wanted Shazam V Black Adam. Not doing that movie was a massive miscalculation.

Let’s see if Sony blinks. I don’t think they are worried about Aquaman. Sony is worried about Wonka. It opens on the Friday before. I think GB gets moved. Which is a shame. But Wonka has some legit buzz about it. That time of year? Oh yeah. And if Flash is the movie everyone thinks it is and does huge, & maybe it increases Aquaman’s “must see” by a significant margin.

If they open the movie anywhere but December, it loses 50% or more in the 2nd weekend. It won’t make more than 50m opening. It just won’t. And once again we end up in 130-140 domestic territory. Unless the movie is something crazy special. December gives us legs. Lots of it if the movie is good.

My guess? Sony blinks. Moves the movie to Mid Feb or early March. I know some of you want a June 2024 release for the 40th anniversary but that’d be a huge mistake. This is no longer a franchise that can compete in the summer months. It’ll get swallowed up & left for dead.

prodestrian wrote: April 5th, 2023, 10:57 pm
deadderek wrote: April 5th, 2023, 9:09 pm I keep seeing people doubting Firehouse can make a December release date. With as much pre-planning time they've have/had, I feel it's absolutely doable.
GB1 finished filming end of January 1984, released June 1984. That's around 130 days.

If Firehouse finishes filming end of June 2023, a December release date would give them 170+ days. Assuming they have a similar balance between practical and digital effects as Afterlife, that's probably more than enough time.

Also, Afterlife finished filming on October 18th 2019, and we got the first trailer on December 10th. It was missing a lot of effects (terror dog coming out of the trap, and the RTV in front of the Ecto, for example) but it was still pretty polished.

I'm hoping for a Firehouse trailer in July or August. A teaser in the next month or two would be great too, even if it's as short as that first Afterlife teaser.
Yes Ghostbusters had an insane production schedule. But that movie is a freak of nature. And I’m sorry to say but the date totally affected the FX. There are a lot of FX shots that were only finaled because they just didn’t have any time.

Ghostbusters is what happens when everything goes right. And how often does that happen? Not very. It had less than 180 FX shots. Movies today routinely have more than 1,500-2,000 FX shots. Less time means compromises, it means “good enough” will do. Because you don’t have a choice. It means CGI companies doing things as quickly as possible.

A better example is Ghostbusters 2. Why? Because the finished film was compromised by the deadline. They ran out of time. Now some of you will say “I love GB2! It’s awesome!” But audiences & critics thought differently in 1989. And Ivan Reitman wanted a much bigger climax but just ran out of time.

Releasing GBA 2 by December can be done. 100%. But if the product suffers, when you are watching the movie Christmas 2023 and you are left wondering “Why? Why would they do it like that” the answer may in fact be: “They just ran out of time”. And if the movie sucks, and the critical reviews are bad and maybe it underperforms and now because of that we are left with a dormant franchise. And to prevent all that perhaps the movie just needed some more time. Time to reshoot or rewrite. Who knows.

So don’t be so quick to prop up GB1 as an example of short production schedules. It is the exception. Most movies aren’t so lucky. You end up with crap like X-Men 3, Green Lantern or X-Men Origins Wolverine.
isitatomic? liked this
Kumail appeared at Always Be Comedy Tuesday night.
https://twitter.com/alwaysbecomedy/stat ... 4229821441
jonogunn wrote: April 6th, 2023, 3:35 am ^i guess ghostbusters is looked down at enough to not be a threat to the bigger movies
The 3 Aquaman articles I've seen that mention Ghostbusters say otherwise.
Deadline reads "The DC pic will open against Sony’s Ghostbusters sequel on Wednesday and will face off against Illumination/Universal’s Migration on Friday."

Comic Book Movie reads "AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM Gets A Slightly Earlier Release Date But Finds New Competition" and in the article, "Warner Bros. has made some changes to its release schedule, with Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom now heading our way a little sooner than expected. However, the DC Comics sequel will have stiff competition" and "That's only a difference of 5 days and means the DC Comics sequel will now be pitted against Sony Pictures' upcoming Ghostbusters: Afterlife sequel."

koimoi's title was "Aquaman 2: Jason Momoa Starrer Gets A New Release Yet Again & It’s Preponement This Time, To Witness A Clash At The Box Office" and article read "Now the film will come out on 20th December 2023. The film will clash with Sony’s Ghostbuster: Afterlife."

Only one I've seen that doesn't see GB as a threat is Collider. "The new change in release date now means that Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom will compete for box office numbers against titles like Sony’s Ghostbusters: Afterlife sequel as well as Illumination Studios' animated film, Migration which just released its first trailer. However, it is unlikely that these titles, though both belonging to major franchises will impact the box office numbers for the Aquaman sequel. Lost Kingdom is undoubtedly the most anticipated film in the outgoing DCEU and fans are beyond pumped to go say their goodbyes to what could possibly be the final Aquaman film. The first film, at $1.150 billion worldwide gross, remains the highest-grossing DCEU film and the highest-grossing film featuring a DC character. It is unlikely that the several changes to its release date could impact its projected success at the box office." Idk, could have sworn The Flash is more anticipated than Aquaman 2. Shrug.
mrmichaelt wrote: April 6th, 2023, 4:08 am Kumail appeared at Always Be Comedy Tuesday night.
https://twitter.com/alwaysbecomedy/stat ... 4229821441
jonogunn wrote: April 6th, 2023, 3:35 am ^i guess ghostbusters is looked down at enough to not be a threat to the bigger movies
The 3 Aquaman articles I've seen that mention Ghostbusters say otherwise.
Deadline reads "The DC pic will open against Sony’s Ghostbusters sequel on Wednesday and will face off against Illumination/Universal’s Migration on Friday."

Comic Book Movie reads "AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM Gets A Slightly Earlier Release Date But Finds New Competition" and in the article, "Warner Bros. has made some changes to its release schedule, with Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom now heading our way a little sooner than expected. However, the DC Comics sequel will have stiff competition" and "That's only a difference of 5 days and means the DC Comics sequel will now be pitted against Sony Pictures' upcoming Ghostbusters: Afterlife sequel."

koimoi's title was "Aquaman 2: Jason Momoa Starrer Gets A New Release Yet Again & It’s Preponement This Time, To Witness A Clash At The Box Office" and article read "Now the film will come out on 20th December 2023. The film will clash with Sony’s Ghostbuster: Afterlife."

Only one I've seen that doesn't see GB as a threat is Collider. "The new change in release date now means that Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom will compete for box office numbers against titles like Sony’s Ghostbusters: Afterlife sequel as well as Illumination Studios' animated film, Migration which just released its first trailer. However, it is unlikely that these titles, though both belonging to major franchises will impact the box office numbers for the Aquaman sequel. Lost Kingdom is undoubtedly the most anticipated film in the outgoing DCEU and fans are beyond pumped to go say their goodbyes to what could possibly be the final Aquaman film. The first film, at $1.150 billion worldwide gross, remains the highest-grossing DCEU film and the highest-grossing film featuring a DC character. It is unlikely that the several changes to its release date could impact its projected success at the box office." Idk, could have sworn The Flash is more anticipated than Aquaman 2. Shrug.
Do they say otherwise? I’m not so sure. All that deadline quote seems to be stating is that it will open against other movies. It doesn’t really say anything about it being a threat. Another just says they will “clash”. The other just says something about stiff competition and pitting against another movie. Collider is the only one that gives an opinion & editorialized on what it means as a threat to Aquaman’s Box office.

Those articles are mostly just trying to use juicey adjectives and make box office sound more exciting & sexy than it is. “Clash”, “Pitt””faceoff” “New competition”. They might as well say, while a choir chants epic almost religious music in the background: “Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Two movies will do glorious, bloody battle & at the end of the day only one shall be standing victorious while the other is beaten to a pulp within an inch of its life. Get your tickets now to the death match of the century. Blood shall be spilled!”
The DC / Marvel fans will literally turn up to see any old crap if it has their branding on it. Most of those films go straight to No.1 irrespective of quality, word of mouth or reviews.... and most of them are completely terrible, but MCU has such a foothold few in the industry have dared to say so until recently. The only exceptions (imo obv) are Spider-man, The Suicide Squad, Guardians and maybe Batman... but even that franchise has been trash lately, and I include Reeves' offering in that - what a long and dumb film that was. Like they stitched together a 3-part miniseries. Joker was also bloody awful, I'm sorry.

But yeah, there's no way Sony will go head to head with a superhero movie. Aquaman will be No.1 whatever week it launches.
deadderek liked this
RichardLess wrote: April 5th, 2023, 11:05 pmYes Ghostbusters had an insane production schedule. But that movie is a freak of nature. And I’m sorry to say but the date totally affected the FX. There are a lot of FX shots that were only finaled because they just didn’t have any time.

So don’t be so quick to prop up GB1 as an example of short production schedules. It is the exception. Most movies aren’t so lucky. You end up with crap like X-Men 3, Green Lantern or X-Men Origins Wolverine.
Well aware of how GB1 is an unfinished product. But you can scale digital VFX horizontally and farm out a lot of the work around the world, a lot of it comes down to money. Hollywood sends a lot of work to big agencies here in Australia, so they can effectively have teams working 24hrs a day. That's impossible with old fashioned FX. As far as I can tell Afterlife had at least four agencies (DNEG, MPC, Crafty Apes, Proof), doing the ~1100 VFX shots in the ~230 day period between filming and the original release date. I don't know anything about Firehouse yet, whether it will have the same number of VFX shots as Afterlife or if it will require fewer. 25% less time, maybe 25% fewer VFX shots? I would think not having to accurately recreate Harold Ramis digitally would simplify things a bit, but we'll never know if he would have looked as polished in June 2020 as he did in August 2021 (that first screening). Also they may get to recycle some assets from Afterlife too (Proton streams etc, hopefully not too many because I really want to see a lot of new stuff).

Of course I'm sure there's limits to how much post-production could scale without compromising quality. Too many cooks and all that... :lol:

If it comes down to a choice between a better film and the December release date, I'd definitely prefer the better film even if it means waiting until 2024.
RichardLess wrote: April 6th, 2023, 5:20 amCollider is the only one that gives an opinion & editorialized on what it means as a threat to Aquaman’s Box office.
A very myopic opinion, not even acknowledging the upheaval that happened after the first Aquaman movie came out that could shift the tides for the sequel.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: April 6th, 2023, 6:02 am The DC / Marvel fans will literally turn up to see any old crap if it has their branding on it. Most of those films go straight to No.1 irrespective of quality, word of mouth or reviews.... and most of them are completely terrible, but MCU has such a foothold few in the industry have dared to say so until recently. The only exceptions (imo obv) are Spider-man, The Suicide Squad, Guardians and maybe Batman... but even that franchise has been trash lately, and I include Reeves' offering in that - what a long and dumb film that was. Like they stitched together a 3-part miniseries. Joker was also bloody awful, I'm sorry.
Eh, it's pretty subjective. Depends on who you ask - some love the first Suicide Squad while some love the second or some hate both. Some hate the second Guardians. Some love The Batman. Dwayne Johnson's 2 DC projects flopped. The third Ant-Man did not fare too well at the box office.

Boy, we really need some new GB article or photo to get posted on social media...
Would anyone else like a separate thread strictly for Firehouse news items, minus tangential discussions and speculation? Would that be OK with mods?

I realize that might create some redundancy, but I think it'd be nice to have the news collected in a more easily accessible thread for folks just looking to keep up to date.
deadderek liked this
Personally, don't think this thread is moving quickly enough to warrant a separate discussion.
There are plenty of places to find just news updates on the new movie if you don't want to see a few fans chewing the fat over it.

Eg: https://ghostbustersnews.com/category/firehouse/ or https://www.gbfans.com/
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
deadderek wrote: April 5th, 2023, 9:09 pm I keep seeing people doubting Firehouse can make a December release date. With as much pre-planning time they've have/had, I feel it's absolutely doable.
Blumhouse just announced they're releasing the Five Nights at Freddy's movie THIS Halloween, and they literally just started filming a month ago.
deadderek liked this
Davideverona wrote: April 6th, 2023, 9:48 am Ask and you shall receive
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqsu8QltIwT ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Awesome! That answers the question I had as to how they were gonna do the interior sets, if they'd be stacked one-atop-the other, or separately... This admittedly is the safer option of the two, with no 20-foot drops down a pole hole to worry about.

I can just about see the picture rail that the Fire Station №23's dormitory and assembly room had (just visible through the lower-pane left-most window), though the ceiling looks unfinished. Adding the decorative railing is a nice touch, further grounding the two buildings as one.

mrmichaelt, prodestrian, deadderek and 1 others liked this
prodestrian wrote: April 6th, 2023, 6:28 am
RichardLess wrote: April 5th, 2023, 11:05 pmYes Ghostbusters had an insane production schedule. But that movie is a freak of nature. And I’m sorry to say but the date totally affected the FX. There are a lot of FX shots that were only finaled because they just didn’t have any time.

Well aware of how GB1 is an unfinished product. But you can scale digital VFX horizontally and farm out a lot of the work around the world, a lot of it comes down to money. Hollywood sends a lot of work to big agencies here in Australia, so they can effectively have teams working 24hrs a day. That's impossible with old fashioned FX. As far as I can tell Afterlife had at least four agencies (DNEG, MPC, Crafty Apes, Proof), doing the ~1100 VFX shots in the ~230 day period between filming and the original release date. I don't know anything about Firehouse yet, whether it will have the same number of VFX shots as Afterlife or if it will require fewer. 25% less time, maybe 25% fewer VFX shots? I would think not having to accurately recreate Harold Ramis digitally would simplify things a bit, but we'll never know if he would have looked as polished in June 2020 as he did in August 2021 (that first screening). Also they may get to recycle some assets from Afterlife too (Proton streams etc, hopefully not too many because I really want to see a lot of new stuff).

Of course I'm sure there's limits to how much post-production could scale without compromising quality. Too many cooks and all that... :lol:

If it comes down to a choice between a better film and the December release date, I'd definitely prefer the better film even if it means waiting until 2024.
You should look into the current state of the VFX industry before suggesting that they switch to 24 hour work schedules.

This is the problem short production schedules create. These artists are worked to the bone. It’s a huge issue right now and it’s all because it’s treating art like some scalable manufacturing process.

https://www.inverse.com/innovation/vfx- ... ard-spiral

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/a ... king-point

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel-vfx ... king-point

You are 100% correct. A lot of it does come down to money. If we want to keep getting Ghostbusters movies, keeping that money to a relatively small figure is a MUST.

Again, it is 100% doable. But the problems it creates are so vast & numerous that it shouldn’t be done. Ever. And it usually doesn’t work out that you end up with a stone cold classic like Ghostbusters.
mrmichaelt, GuyX, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Davideverona wrote: April 6th, 2023, 9:48 am Ask and you shall receive

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqsu8QltIwT ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Nice! It's a little amusing and curious with the bts pics being mostly just of Jason and Gil on the set so far.

I would imagine in addition from safety that from a practical standpoint to make a different set for each level of the Firehouse would be much easier for Gil and the camera crew to film and also get shots they normally wouldn't be able to pull off in Hook and Ladder No. 8 or Fire Station No. 23.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
RichardLess wrote: April 6th, 2023, 2:36 pm
prodestrian wrote: April 6th, 2023, 6:28 am

You should look into the current state of the VFX industry before suggesting that they switch to 24 hour work schedules.

This is the problem short production schedules create. These artists are worked to the bone. It’s a huge issue right now and it’s all because it’s treating art like some scalable manufacturing process.

https://www.inverse.com/innovation/vfx- ... ard-spiral

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/a ... king-point

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel-vfx ... king-point

You are 100% correct. A lot of it does come down to money. If we want to keep getting Ghostbusters movies, keeping that money to a relatively small figure is a MUST.

Again, it is 100% doable. But the problems it creates are so vast & numerous that it shouldn’t be done. Ever. And it usually doesn’t work out that you end up with a stone cold classic like Ghostbusters.
Oh snap!

Those linked articles are super interesting. Leave it to Hollywood to screw people over like that.

Someone above mentioned Afterlife had over 1,100 effects shots. That can’t be right, can it? That seems like so much & the movie doesn’t feel like a movie with over 1000 cgi shots. When u think that the original movie had(according to Richard) had 180 effect shots? That’s nuts. That seems like almost every shot would have some sort of visual effect.

What’s funny was 1 of the things I love about Afterlife, or thought I did anyways, was that it felt so restrained. They didn’t go overboard like Answer the Call did with the cgi mayhem. It all felt subtle & restrained. So many movies are just overloaded with CGI insanity it felt great to see a movie that wasn’t.
Yah and CGI often lacks the "weight". ESPECIALLY when the CGI is bad.

Anime is in the same boat as CGI. They are overworked and it shows. If you watch anime back in the 90's oh man was it a work of art. So detailed with much going on. Now they litterally have still images with audio playing over it whren appropriate.
deadderek liked this
GuyX wrote: April 6th, 2023, 5:41 pmSomeone above mentioned Afterlife had over 1,100 effects shots. That can’t be right, can it?
Sometimes they're the shots you don't see, or aren't as glaring as having Muncher or a Terror Dog.

There's most shots of the mountain, digital extension of the "throne" set, possible cleanup and extension work for the enclosed farm/farmhouse set, removing wires/armatures for any moving items that aren't being fully-executed digitally, the smaller items which are CG... Like the lamp Egon was moving in his lab, many of the RTV shots, removing stuff from the location filming that either doesn't work with the aesthetic they're going for for Summerville... Or is obtrusive in the shot, blowing-out the street visible through the Firehouse doors to hide the fact it's L.A. rather than New York...
robbritton, SpaceBallz liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: April 6th, 2023, 6:02 am The DC / Marvel fans will literally turn up to see any old crap if it has their branding on it. Most of those films go straight to No.1 irrespective of quality, word of mouth or reviews.... and most of them are completely terrible, but MCU has such a foothold few in the industry have dared to say so until recently. The only exceptions (imo obv) are Spider-man, The Suicide Squad, Guardians and maybe Batman... but even that franchise has been trash lately, and I include Reeves' offering in that - what a long and dumb film that was. Like they stitched together a 3-part miniseries. Joker was also bloody awful, I'm sorry.

But yeah, there's no way Sony will go head to head with a superhero movie. Aquaman will be No.1 whatever week it launches.
(This is going to be a long post)
What an interesting point of view.

I know this might be an odd concept but most people don’t make up their mind unless they’ve seen the movie. Which means they’ve given their money, hence it going to number 1. They don’t know if it’s “any old crap” until the credits role. That’s why you see massive drops in the 2nd weekend like with Ant Man 3.

I enjoyed The Batman. Yes it was a little too long but I enjoyed far more than the Nolan Batman movies. But I wished we could’ve gotten a Ben Affleck solo movie. That man was a terrific Batman
. I’m one of those weirdos that really loved Batman V Superman.

Christmas can usually support a couple movies making huge amounts of money. 2017 is an interesting year. There were 2 movies that had really huge legs. Jumanji & the greatest showman. Both were up against The Last Jedi. Greatest Showman had a dismal opening but week to week it was the little train that could. And Jumanji shocked everyone with its hold week after week.

But the year I’m worried about? Is 2018. Believe it or not ladies and gentlemen but sometimes? Old Richardless here is wrong. I know! Try and hide your shock & disbelief but it’s true. 2018 was the year of Aquaman, Bumblebee and Mary Poppins 2. And part of me fears we are in for another 2018. Bumblebee and Mary Poppins were movies I was sure were going to make boatloads of money. I thought Mary Poppins was going to be a billion dollar smash. Same with bumblebee. Both had far better reviews than Aquaman and great audience scores. So what happened? The audience cannibalized itself. Women were going to see Aquaman instead of Mary Poppins & the audience left over was splitting the ticket sales between Bumblbee and Poppins. Both of those movies underperformed and it was the reverse of what had happened the previous year.

Wonka and GBA 2 could either be Jumanji/The Greatest Showman OR Mary Poppins & Bumblebee. Given that the box office strength still hasn’t fully recovered & we are seeing big dips week to week? I hope with some great marketing and a kickass movie GBA 2 will be Jumanji and give this franchise the big massive hit it deserves. It’s been too long. I want to see the world remember what it was like when Ghostbusters ruled the world.
mrmichaelt wrote: April 6th, 2023, 9:12 pm Yeah, it should be easy enough to google but here's 1 article that gives you an idea of some of the vis effects in Afterlife.
https://cospective.com/news/ghostbusters-afterlife/
Hadn't seen that article before, great find.
mrmichaelt liked this
I'm a little thorn on the subject.

I liked the GBA cast, although I'd accept the absence of Lucky.

I think they're still too young for taking Ghostbusting as a job, but surely they held their own against Gozer. I don't see Callie strapping on a pack. I'd like Grooberson, Trevor as a junior member, Phoebe helping Ray in the R&D department.

Maybe a team composed by a mix of new members and GBA cast.
deadderek, jonogunn, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
Davideverona wrote: April 7th, 2023, 1:23 am I think they're still too young for taking Ghostbusting as a job, but surely they held their own against Gozer. I don't see Callie strapping on a pack. I'd like Grooberson, Trevor as a junior member, Phoebe helping Ray in the R&D department.

Maybe a team composed by a mix of new members and GBA cast.
I mostly agree. They held their own until the Mini-Pufts sabotaged the gunner chair and Gozer went back to full power. If not for the original Ghostbusters showing up, they would have been wiped out.

I wonder what criteria Winston will implement when staffing up considering his own resume when he applied for the job in '84 vastly differed from Peter, Ray, and Egon's backgrounds. And no, I don't mean that in a negative light or to disparage Winston. He turned to be just who they needed and completed the team. I always saw him as the common sense and soul of the team. And during filming Ramis was 38-39 years old, Aykroyd was 30-31, Murray was 32-33, and Hudson was 37-38. If we hold that to the OG's ages roughly, is Winston going to be looking for 30-somethings as well or will he go younger to mid-20s? Is he aiming for doctorates, at least a high school diploma or bachelor's degree, or a mix of both? I could see Winston hiring at least 2, maybe 3 at most for a new team then if the AL cast or some have relocated to New York they would be unpaid interns with limited access to equipment and building up field investigation experience and eventually once they meet age and education requirements, be promoted to fully fledged Ghostbusters or remain on the support staff (i.e. maybe Trevor would rather just be working as a mechanic/driver for the company or Callie would be content with just working in the office). Basically a clear chain of positions. I just can't see Winston letting teenagers/early 20 year olds running around NYC with Proton Packs.

I am curious what plan they have for Gary Grooberson. He is a seismologist. Presumably working at a university. It would be logical it turns out he's a New Yorker and simply goes back to work. But he could "pull a Louis" and go work with them and fulfill what possibly was a childhood dream - a Ghostbusters fan becomes a Ghostbuster. Or is he interested in becoming a Ghostbuster at all? He might just be content with being a fan (i.e. that moment at the end of the sheriff's office when he's kinda at a loss at the sight of the Proton Pack on the desk).

deadderek wrote: April 6th, 2023, 11:20 pm Hadn't seen that article before, great find.
Yeah, come to think of it. I don't remember it, lol. I had to look in the source code but it was published on January 25, 2022. Flew under the radar I guess.
I think a lot of us are assuming that a new team will be assembled at the start of the film as part of a back in business story. If that is the case, then I agree with what some have said here that having Trevor, Phoebe, Podcast and Lucky back as Junior Ghostbusters wouldn't make sense. But what if that is not what happens in this movie? What if a new threat emerges before Winston can get the new business up and running again? Also, we are assuming that Lucky and Podcast are visiting Phoebe and Trevor in NYC, but that might not be the case at all. Think about Karate Kid Part 2. Kreese, Johnny and the rest of the Cobra Kais appear at the very beginning of the movie, but that's it. Maybe something like that happens with Firehouse, and Podcast and Lucky are in it for a few minutes. I personally would like to see more of Podcast, so hopefully I'm wrong about that. Lucky I could take or leave to be honest.
JonXCTrack wrote: April 7th, 2023, 8:13 am I think a lot of us are assuming that a new team will be assembled at the start of the film as part of a back in business story. If that is the case, then I agree with what some have said here that having Trevor, Phoebe, Podcast and Lucky back as Junior Ghostbusters wouldn't make sense. But what if that is not what happens in this movie? What if a new threat emerges before Winston can get the new business up and running again? Also, we are assuming that Lucky and Podcast are visiting Phoebe and Trevor in NYC, but that might not be the case at all. Think about Karate Kid Part 2. Kreese, Johnny and the rest of the Cobra Kais appear at the very beginning of the movie, but that's it. Maybe something like that happens with Firehouse, and Podcast and Lucky are in it for a few minutes. I personally would like to see more of Podcast, so hopefully I'm wrong about that. Lucky I could take or leave to be honest.

I am reasonably certain that the Afterlife cast will be carrying a majority of the film again. I am thinking that Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson will have larger roles this time around. If Bill Murray is involved I am thinking it will be the same level as ATC and Afterlife.

Yeah I am thinking that Winston doesn’t get a chance to go through any hiring process. Again I am getting the filling that another apocalyptic event gets set in motion, not sure if it has anything to do with the containment unit, but when everything hits the fan it will probably take all experienced Ghostbusters to stop it. I am sure this is more wishful thinking than just speculation LOL!

By the end of this movie I am thinking that we could see a refurbished Ecto 1 zooming out of the Firehouse indicating that the Ghostbusters are now officially back in business. Pretty much what many here thought we would see at the end of Afterlife I think will be delivered in this movie. :):):)
Three amazing Ghostbusters guests announced for the Comic Con Dortmund!

McKenna Grace and Logan Kim will be joining Finn for an awesome Ghostbuster-filled weekend!!

The GBDD crew will be attending on Sunday!

Keep bustin'!

See ya there at the booth of We Are Ghostbusters "Germany"
https://www.germancomiccon.com/Events/GCC-Spring/

It's a three hour drive for me. Not sure if I want to ride six hours for this, but someone else might!

The German Ghostbusters Booth is a sight to behold as they go full out with huge statues, great immersion and you can even capture Slimer and wander through the haunted house of lady Eldridge.

Would be so awesome if the kids decide to attend the booth.

The Dutch Team is there on a Sunday.
mrmichaelt, robbritton, Kingpin and 1 others liked this

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]