Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Definitely doubles but we have Callie and Phoebe (I assume Grooberson driving) in the Ecto:
DancingToaster, Kingpin liked this
timeware wrote: June 4th, 2023, 9:17 pm Think they'll give us a trailer in four days? I'm a little bit more optimistic now.
Idk dude I'm doubtful on a trailer. I think a safer bet is title and poster. But a teaser trailer would be nice.
deadderek wrote: June 4th, 2023, 8:56 pm Definitely doubles but we have Callie and Phoebe (I assume Grooberson driving) in the Ecto:
Oh look! It’s Pheobe in the gunner seat.

Again.

I guess they didn’t learn anything from all the criticism GB2 got about repeating beats from the original film.

Please movie. Please have a damn good reason for having kid Ghostbusters working in New York. Please?

Kid Ghostbusters working cases is bridge too far for me. I just can’t go there.
ZedR, seekandannoy liked this
I'm just gonna say this here: unless you're SUPER DEDICATED and have nothing better to do, don't try to go to the filming locations. NYC is a pain in the ass to drive in and mass transit is... frustrating. Unless it's the wee hours of the morning, traffic is a major issue. Tolls are stupid expensive. The city is stupid expensive. I live next to the George Washington Bridge on the New Jersey side and 4 other ways to get into NYC... I'd love to go in, check out the firehouse again, maybe bump into the filming location, see the new Ecto-1 driving around... but it's just not worth it. Unless you have another GOOD reason to go into the city, save yourself the money and your mental health.
RichardLess wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:03 pm
deadderek wrote: June 4th, 2023, 8:56 pm Definitely doubles but we have Callie and Phoebe (I assume Grooberson driving) in the Ecto:

Again.

I guess they didn’t learn anything from all the criticism GB2 got about repeating beats from the original film.

Please movie. Please have a damn good reason for having kid Ghostbusters working in New York. Please?

Minimum working age in NYC is 14 with some restrictions. She looked to be about that old in Afterlife, so by now she's a couple years beyond that minimum.
DancingToaster liked this
I’m glad she’s included with the team whether she’s technically allowed to or not within the story because I really did not want her to be sidelined the majority of the time.

I just really want to know the plot so we have something to actually speculate on. I think that’s more likely than a trailer.
Last edited by WCat2000 on June 4th, 2023, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DancingToaster, Kingpin liked this
Gah! Are there any clues in advance as to when/where filming is happening? Family member works literally right by where they were filming, but wasn't there yesterday; said there were "no parking" signs up on 5th but that might have been for today, so maybe not related... If I knew ahead of time I'd go check things out since I live in Queens, but it makes sense if things are kept under wraps.

I like the fake CitiBikes with the movie bank names on them xD

But seriously if anyone knows please post :D. Well, GB day is this week, and the H&L 8 fan gathering will be on Saturday. I wonder if any filming will be going on that day.
Last edited by DancingToaster on June 4th, 2023, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeta otaku wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:06 pm I'm just gonna say this here: unless you're SUPER DEDICATED and have nothing better to do, don't try to go to the filming locations. NYC is a pain in the ass to drive in and mass transit is... frustrating. Unless it's the wee hours of the morning, traffic is a major issue. Tolls are stupid expensive. The city is stupid expensive. I live next to the George Washington Bridge on the New Jersey side and 4 other ways to get into NYC... I'd love to go in, check out the firehouse again, maybe bump into the filming location, see the new Ecto-1 driving around... but it's just not worth it. Unless you have another GOOD reason to go into the city, save yourself the money and your mental health.
Been there several times, always a blast. But for me it's cheap to go to and if I knew for sure I'd see some filming my ass would be on the next flight out.

I mean, sure, it's dirty, it's crowded, it's polluted, it's noisy and there's people all around who'd just as soon step on your face as look at you...

As far as a surprise on GB Day involving the actual production...I'd say there's a fair chance at that.
zeta otaku wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:06 pm I'm just gonna say this here: unless you're SUPER DEDICATED and have nothing better to do, don't try to go to the filming locations. NYC is a pain in the ass to drive in and mass transit is... frustrating. Unless it's the wee hours of the morning, traffic is a major issue. Tolls are stupid expensive. The city is stupid expensive. I live next to the George Washington Bridge on the New Jersey side and 4 other ways to get into NYC... I'd love to go in, check out the firehouse again, maybe bump into the filming location, see the new Ecto-1 driving around... but it's just not worth it. Unless you have another GOOD reason to go into the city, save yourself the money and your mental health.
This is true depending on how you're getting there, but another option is to stay on LI and take the Long Island Rail Road into the city. Getting around might depend on how comfortable you are taking the subway and/or bus, but there's plenty to see within walking distance of the major train hubs (the firehouse is pretty far downtown, but some other filming locations are much closer, such as the library, which is really close to Grand Central Station). There's a lot to do in the city without paying a ton of money.

deadderek wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:18 pm Been there several times, always a blast. But for me it's cheap to go to and if I knew for sure I'd see some filming my ass would be on the next flight out.

I mean, sure, it's dirty, it's crowded, it's polluted, it's noisy and there's people all around who'd just as soon step on your face as look at you...
Don't forget being miserable and treating others like dirt! :P
Every New Yorker's God given right of course!
zeta otaku wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:09 pm

Again.

Minimum working age in NYC is 14 with some restrictions. She looked to be about that old in Afterlife, so by now she's a couple years beyond that minimum.
I mean she’s not exactly ripping up theatre tickets is she?

Do they let 14 year olds work with explosive nuclear equipment in New York? I’m not sure. Somehow I doubt that’s OSHA compliant.

We went from college professor scientists to kids not finished highschool and still going thru puberty busting ghosts.

There are a few things about the new movies that just don’t interest me. Kids as ghostbusters is one, focusing on a “family” is another. Some of you dig that & that’s cool but I really have no interest in trite family dynamics in my GB movies. Mom, daughter and son all busting ghosts together sounds like a bad sitcom. On Friday nights.

It worked in GBA, which wasn’t technically an ideal Ghostbusters movie. It more or less worked But it’s a one and done story for me. I would’ve be fine with never seeing any of those characters again. Now we are in New York, Winston is heading up the new GB outfit. Ok. Now let’s start what an actual proper Ghostbusters movie is. Recruit some new faces, more comedic tone, new villain, new mystery. No children wearing packs(after all…it’s not a toy), let’s go!

Instead we are now shoehorning those Oklahoma characters into a New York story. Given how little thought was put into certain plot mechanics in GBA it doesn’t bode well for this movie.

I’m going to make a prediction but this movie having too many characters is going to be a problem. There’s a bunch of scenarios where it could all come together swimmingly but given some of the lazy and poor storytelling decision on GBA for stuff that actually mattered(OGB’s showing up in Summerville is a BIG ONE) I can’t give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

I haven’t seen a frame of footage. But that’s set photo of Phoebe doing the gunner seat bit AGAIN…if you are going to do it again have Paul Rudd do it. His excited face sitting in a gunner seat mowing down Ghosts and causing all sorts of mayhem is a way to do it differently. But again, it’s one picture.

Maybe the movie is a meta commentary on lazy sequels repeating themselves. That’d be something new.
ZedR liked this
As for next week's GB gathering, there's a walking tour happening after that will likely involve some subway trips, but it's in a group.
RichardLess wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:31 pm I haven’t seen a frame of footage. But that’s set photo of Phoebe doing the gunner seat bit AGAIN…if you are going to do it again have Paul Rudd do it. His excited face sitting in a gunner seat mowing down Ghosts and causing all sorts of mayhem is a way to do it differently. But again, it’s one picture.
Phoebe using the gunner seat makes sense since she's successfully used it in the past, but I'd love to see Grooberson using the gunner seat. Driving the car could still be quite an experience, though!
Apart from the fact the Ghostbusters are known to play very loose with the rules (I just mentioned the siren, unlicensed accelerators and Gunner seat) I feel we don't know enough of the story yet to even question the reasons why Phoebe is in the Gunner seat, let alone rant about it for the second time.

I for one want the kids to be capturing ghosts and I'm sure it has a believable reason why it's happening.

Funnily enough, I think the real Peck will be going to be at least a hardass about this as you are, Richardless. ;-)
Last edited by Alphagaia on June 4th, 2023, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
More City Hall stuff. Ecto-1 gets a green cover. :)

So cool seeing Ecto-1 back on Chambers Street.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... city_hall/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... y_hall_13/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... y_hall_23/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... y_hall_33/

https://twitter.com/Emskie247/status/16 ... 6684843009

https://twitter.com/mcleavyd/status/1665475917777444864

DancingToaster wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:12 pm Gah! Are there any clues in advance as to when/where filming is happening? Family member works literally right by where they were filming, but wasn't there yesterday; said there were "no parking" signs up on 5th but that might have been for today, so maybe not related... If I knew ahead of time I'd go check things out since I live in Queens, but it makes sense if things are kept under wraps.
Hard to say since this is a second unit filming crew - I'm not sure if they show up on Production Weekly's posts or if you have be lucky and see the no parking print outs on poles around the city.

EDIT: Found this person got a neighborhood alert on her phone about the Saturday filming. And they'll be back on June 17, too.
https://twitter.com/Alison_Tea/status/1 ... 7233628160

DancingToaster wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:12 pm I like the fake CitiBikes with the movie bank names on them xD
As someone who hates these citibikes taking away street parking spaces, I love this movie already.

mrmichaelt wrote: June 4th, 2023, 5:08 pm
ZedR wrote: June 4th, 2023, 5:04 pm I can't find the rear shot anymore, but I think it was on instagram
Thank you, I'll keep looking for that rear shot.
Ok earliest I could find it was 8:53 am on twitter. And had a 2nd photo with it, so I'm concluding this is the original source for now.
https://twitter.com/WWFNo_Mercy/status/ ... 0466408454
zeta otaku, RedSpecial liked this
Alphagaia wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:45 pm Apart from the fact the Ghostbusters are known to play very loose with the rules (I just mentioned the siren, unlicensed accelerators and Gunner seat) I feel we don't know enough of the story yet to even question the reasons why Phoebe is in the Gunner seat, let alone rant about it for the second time.

I for one want the kids to be capturing ghosts and I'm sure it has a believable reason why it's happening.

Funnily enough, I think the real Peck will be going to be at least a hardass about this as you are, Richardless. ;-)
Wait a minute. We don’t know enough about the movie for me to make note of the repetition of Phoebe in gunner seat but it’s totes peachy for you to say “I’m sure there’s a believable reason” for the kids to be capturing ghosts? I think that’s a little bit of a double standard there my dude.

Yeah I don’t get wanting Jr Ghostbusters. Maybe it could work in animation. I could see that. But live action? It does not work for moi.
It makes about as much sense as hiring a private eye and a 14 year old is working the case. Or you dial 911 for a fire and a kid shows up with an axe and hose.

It’s similar to how I don’t think a child Robin would work in live action but in animation? Works just fine. But if Batman’s strolling around with a 14 year old fighting crime there’s an issue there.

Yeah maybe Peck will be busting the GBs for child labour laws. If they go that route I’ll give ‘em a pass.

In short? Kids suck. No I’m kidding. Kids are awesome. I’d be ok if they are in the movie as like…lab rats. but darn it. Wearing the pack & shit? The visual looks weak.

But I’m also a terrible hypocrite. If this were 1983 and I was doing whatever people did in 1983(cocaine? Watch MTV?) and I saw a picture of Indiana Jones travelling around with an adorable side kick kid I’d be apoplectic(I heard someone use that word today so I’m stealing it and using it here). Yet I love me some Short Round. So what the hell do I know? (Except the word “apoplectic”).

I dunno. I just feel like no one in the real world gives two f words about this movie & I feel like kid ghostbusters is something that excites no one. Paul Rudd Ghostbuster? Ok. Now we’ve got a stew going. But Finn “the kid from Stranger Things” Wolfnards? He’s got Dane Dehaan syndrome.

How to make a proper Ghostbusters movie: Great comedic actors of the day doing their thing whilst nuking some spooks.

How to make a meh Ghostbusters movie: Great comedic actors of the day…Oh wait…

Mayhaps id be more supportive if the last film was better received and more successful. I want these movies to be phenomenons. Ekking( is that a word?) out meh box office and no cultural staying power is not what I want for this IP.

Maybe we need Dwayne the Rock Johnson to change the hierarchy of power in the GB universe.

Edit: Wow. Finn Wolfnards was a complete typo. I’d correct it but as a monster squad fan(see I told ya I’m a hypocrite) I’m keeping it.
timeware wrote: June 4th, 2023, 7:46 pm Ghostbusters aren't real. It's just a cartoon. Lol.
don't you ever tell me that...

Man how many Ghostbusters are we gonna get this it's gonna be awesome.

I'd settle for some good photos of the team with packs on or something for Ghostbusters Day. As much as I love the Ecto-1 they overused it in the hype build up of Afterlife...so please no more of that
philmorgan81 liked this
RichardLess wrote: June 5th, 2023, 2:58 am
Alphagaia wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:45 pm Apart from the fact the Ghostbusters are known to play very loose with the rules (I just mentioned the siren, unlicensed accelerators and Gunner seat) I feel we don't know enough of the story yet to even question the reasons why Phoebe is in the Gunner seat, let alone rant about it for the second time.

Wait a minute. We don’t know enough about the movie for me to make note of the repetition of Phoebe in gunner seat but it’s totes peachy for you to say “I’m sure there’s a believable reason” for the kids to be capturing ghosts? I think that’s a little bit of a double standard there my dude.
Why would that be a double standard? I mean, the first movie gave the kids a good and believable reason to don the packs and wreck havoc, so I see no reason why they wouldn't for this movie. I don't think the kids will actually be employed though.
I do think it's likely they will be mad about not getting to work as Ghostbusters and decide to take it for a spin, since they saved the world and all. Or am I missing your meaning here?
jonogunn wrote: June 5th, 2023, 3:45 am
timeware wrote: June 4th, 2023, 7:46 pm Ghostbusters aren't real. It's just a cartoon. Lol.
don't you ever tell me that...

Man how many Ghostbusters are we gonna get this it's gonna be awesome.

I'd settle for some good photos of the team with packs on or something for Ghostbusters Day. As much as I love the Ecto-1 they overused it in the hype build up of Afterlife...so please no more of that

I was curious about that myself. I believe we have Callie, Grooberson, and Phoebe in this scene driving the Ecto 1. I must admit it is really exciting seeing the gunner seat in action on the streets of New York. Lucky Podcast and Trevor I am sure are active members. Dan Aykroyd said that James Akaster is one of the people that helps develop new technology. Even if he isn’t a field operative I’d consider him a Ghostbuster. Then there are the OG’s assuming they suit up to help save the day at the end like in Afterlife, that would be 10 Ghostbusters. If they wind up all suiting up again that is a big IF the threat must be something real incredible.

So looking forward to Ghostbusters day. :):):)
jonogunn, Alphagaia liked this
philmorgan81 wrote:Dan Aykroyd said that James Acaster is one of the people that helps develop new technology. Even if he isn’t a field operative I’d consider him a Ghostbuster.
True. I'm 50:50 he is head of R&D in either Ghostbusters (like Dr. Eddy Chan in Spirits Unleashed) or in Zeddemore Industries. Would make sense ZI would take over the existing patents like the Proton Pack, Traps, P.K.E. Meter etc. and develop new patents for the new equipment created.
Alphagaia, philmorgan81 liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote: June 4th, 2023, 1:11 pm Are they driving through Central Park? Love the red stripes!
They're driving around City Hall Park, the building you can see in the distance of this photo:

-Is the Municipal Building, which we saw back in 1984 when the guys are leaving City Hall to head up to the Shandor Building. :)
Davideverona wrote: June 4th, 2023, 1:31 pm I see some blonde hair, is Emily Linn going to be a Ghostbuster?
As noted by others, that's likely Callie's stand-in. :)
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: June 4th, 2023, 1:58 pm Eg. Didn’t “wreckto” (which didn’t catch on so much) come from official channels for Afterlife… I couldve sworn it was on Jason’s insta or something.
"Wreckto-1" was a fan designation, and it caught-on reasonably well, I thought.
ghoulishfright wrote: June 4th, 2023, 2:03 pm I'm surprised they're still using the 1980s license plates. Those things are older than I am; figured they'd be rusted and beat into oblivion by now...
They were rusted to hell in Afterlife, interesting to see they've been restored/reissued... That is one small critique of the 2023 version of Ecto-1 that I 100% agree with, it should've been given modern New York plates.
ZedR wrote: June 4th, 2023, 2:45 pmhttps://www.instagram.com/p/CtFGgZDO97w/
Stills from an instagram video....They've majorly simplified the gunner seat mount.

Looks like the hydraulic scissor arm is not installed in this car - and it has been replaced with a simple square tubing mount and arm. Seat is different, also.

I wonder if it's for for filming/stunt purposes or story purposes?
Maybe that, and the difference in appearance may also be thanks to the fresh injection of cash Winston poured into the car.

Again.

Why wouldn't they use it again? It was one of the defining sequences of the previous film, and it's a good opportunity for action and spectacle.

And it's not nearly as egregious a "they're doing it again" as, you know... Having a big walking mascot (Stay Puft) making it's way through the streets of New York in Ghostbusters and a big walking mascot (The Statue of Liberty) making it's way through the streets of New York in Ghostbusters II. ;)
RichardLess wrote: June 4th, 2023, 10:03 pmPlease movie. Please have a damn good reason for having kid Ghostbusters working in New York. Please?

They appear to be working with Callie and Groobeson, if that helps? :)
Alphagaia, Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
Alphagaia wrote:Apart from the fact the Ghostbusters are known to play very loose with the rules (I just mentioned the siren, unlicensed accelerators and Gunner seat) I feel we don't know enough of the story yet to even question the reasons why Phoebe is in the Gunner seat, let alone rant about it for the second time.

I definitely want to see the cast of Afterlife back as Ghostbusters - it’s bizarre to me anyone would be against that especially based on fictional child labor concerns! Glad the gunner seat will get another outing - that isn’t a plot flaw.
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on June 5th, 2023, 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this

Again.

[mod note first sentence removed] If they weren't allowed to do anything the other movies have done then it would be a pretty boring film with no ghosts, no proton packs, no characaters being together.
Y'all really know how to suck the fun out of the thread sometimes. :(
RedSpecial, Alphagaia, Kingpin and 1 others liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]