Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
GuyX wrote: June 8th, 2023, 7:07 am
I’ve always liked Vigo more than Gozer. He’s legit creepy. There’s a video somewhere on the inter webs of someone applying make up to the Vigo actor during GB2 and at first he is all calm and still and then he like snarls and bares his teeth like maniac towards the person applying the makeup . it’s legitimately terrifying.

I swear two actors play Vigo during the ending of GB2. There’s the main Vigo. And then there’s the frizzy hair guy that looks nothing like the other Vigo. You know the one? When he moves those crates or whatever to get to Oscar and he smiles? That can’t be the same actor, right?

Oddly enough Vigo’s mood slime would be more poignant now than ever.
Yeah, he's not a bad villain. But we don't need another repeat, that would be a missed opportunity imo.
DancingToaster, Kingpin liked this
Davideverona wrote: June 8th, 2023, 5:41 am Based on Production Weekly tiny bit of infos and the cast involved, Firehouse is shaping up to be the GB3 we all waited: the Original Ghostbusters (Murray involved too) training a new generation of Ghostbusters and reopening the business in New York.
I was never crazy about the "passing the torch" aspect of the previous versions of GB3 (even though the story pretty much had to go there) but it's pretty cool that the new cast essentially got their own intro movie before they really started mixing it up with the OG cast. As opposed to them being new recruits from the start where I'd probably be thinking "get out of the frame, new person"
Corey91, DancingToaster, robbritton and 1 others liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: June 7th, 2023, 12:36 pm Some great new posts on reddit:

The repainted Ecto-1 up close -
https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... _up_close/

There looks to be a new piece of equipment in the center of the dash. It resembles a GPS.

Live take of Ecto-1 with car crash in the background -https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... car_crash/
Y'all are welcome for those :cool:
RedSpecial, deadderek, DancingToaster and 2 others liked this
mardin_chatzuk wrote: June 8th, 2023, 7:34 am
JonXCTrack wrote: June 7th, 2023, 12:36 pm Some great new posts on reddit:

The repainted Ecto-1 up close -
https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... _up_close/

There looks to be a new piece of equipment in the center of the dash. It resembles a GPS.

Live take of Ecto-1 with car crash in the background -https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... car_crash/
Y'all are welcome for those :cool:
Those pics were great, man. Good work!
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: June 8th, 2023, 6:07 am "to kill a ghost from the past"

Hopefully a ghost that escapes the containment unit from after GBII, so new to us but old to Winston & Ray.

Because goddamn if they bring Vigo back in this...
I also noticed that the tag line says that the Spengler family and the OGs team up with ____. It doesn't say who. Maybe they team up with Peck? But why?

I wonder if the "ghost from the past" isn't to be taken as literally busting an old ghost (like Vigo), but maybe solving some kind of problem or repairing some kind of relationship that the Ghostbusters never got around to.

But if there is a literal ghost in the past, then maybe it is that ghost dragon that has been rumored.
JonXCTrack wrote: June 8th, 2023, 8:02 am
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: June 8th, 2023, 6:07 am "to kill a ghost from the past"

Hopefully a ghost that escapes the containment unit from after GBII, so new to us but old to Winston & Ray.

Because goddamn if they bring Vigo back in this...
I also noticed that the tag line says that the Spengler family and the OGs team up with ____. It doesn't say who. Maybe they team up with Peck? But why?

I wonder if the "ghost from the past" isn't to be taken as literally busting an old ghost (like Vigo), but maybe solving some kind of problem or repairing some kind of relationship that the Ghostbusters never got around to.

But if there is a literal ghost in the past, then maybe it is that ghost dragon that has been rumored.
Maybe Egon ascended and comes back as a new villain? :lol:
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: June 8th, 2023, 8:32 am It'll probably be like...12 hours before we get any big news drops, right?
It's about 10:45am EST I have my doubts they'll wait until nearly 11pm at night.
JonXCTrack wrote: June 8th, 2023, 9:49 am I don't know how I feel about all the late 70s/early 80s gear on the shelves. Winston is wealthy now. You're telling me he couldn't get them something more modern? Nostalgia aside, there's no reason they'd still be using all this stuff.
if it aint broke, dont fix it. Prob better off saving the money for when they have to pay city clean up fees, court fees, ect.
DancingToaster liked this
joezlo wrote: June 8th, 2023, 9:53 am They need that stuff - do what you know.

Add newer stuff organically.

The set looks good.

A "ghost from the past" is probably a metaphor for something beyond just a ghost. I don't think their work is that cerebral. (Like a hot dog over a house)
Plus, that newer stuff would probably break down in 2 months anyway (glares at kitchen appliances), while that 70s/80s gear might still work just fine!
Corey91 liked this
DancingToaster wrote: June 8th, 2023, 10:47 am
joezlo wrote: June 8th, 2023, 9:53 am They need that stuff - do what you know.

Add newer stuff organically.

The set looks good.

A "ghost from the past" is probably a metaphor for something beyond just a ghost. I don't think their work is that cerebral. (Like a hot dog over a house)
Plus, that newer stuff would probably break down in 2 months anyway (glares at kitchen appliances), while that 70s/80s gear might still work just fine!
This is a great point. My wife's mother has an in-law apartment at her house. The refrigerator and stove are both from the 1980s and work perfectly fine.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]