Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
zeta otaku wrote: May 18th, 2023, 1:19 pm Anyway, moving on, has it been confirmed if production has been halted due to the writer's strike?
An interview with McKenna Grace released today suggests they're currently filming. Though who knows exactly when the interview took place.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: May 18th, 2023, 1:10 pm The suggestion Kingpin, or anyone else, was looking down on real secretarial work as a profession is nonsense and the resulting “outrage” is not in the least bit convincing.
This is the second time you’ve implied I’m not being genuine. I ignored it once. The 2nd time I’m taking it as an insult. I’d like to give you an opportunity to clarify this and apologize. Your use of “outrage” in quotes & the fact that you use “convince” as if I’m somehow not being genuine seems passive aggressive.

As for Kingpin? I don’t think he needs you to defend him. He said what he said. I didn’t misquote him. If he wants to take the opportunity to recontextualize his remarks he can do so. He hasn’t done so.

Frankly until I said something I don’t even think any of you realized the behaviour you were engaging in. Given that it’s stopped since I said something I think I’ve given some of you some things to think about. Sometimes we don’t realize how our remarks are coming across.

Did Kingpin or the others mean to denigrate secretarial work? Maybe. It seems that way. Certainly I took it that way. Whether or not you or anyone else are convinced of that? That’s on you.
deadderek, RichardLess liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: May 18th, 2023, 6:37 pm I keep seeing indications of an impending actors strike too.
Yes, there's both a director's guild and actor's guild strike on the horizon. The latter sent its members a message to vote on giving them the authority to strike - this was an initiative. Doesn't mean they are striking. It just means that if in June when they start negotiating the contract and things don't go well, the union can immediately call for a strike instead of sending members a message to vote then. Being proactive right now.

EDIT: But yes, if they strike it will affect this movie and all productions effectively shutting Hollywood down especially if the writer's strike is still continuing into June/July. Now since this thread is just about the Afterlife sequel, it's safe to say if either or both strike(s) and presumably reshoots for this movie will take place - say in July - count on reshoots to be then called off and delayed and thus post-production to be delayed to an extent (I'm not sure whether the director's guild rules would allow Gil or Jason to participate in post - I doubt it) which would in turn delay everything else and lead to a shift in the theatrical date.
Hairy Biker, Kingpin liked this
I am hoping not to jinx anything, if production is delayed and they miss the December release. It would be cool for the movie to be released just in time for the 40th Anniversary of the original.

Hey I remember how frustrating the pandemic delays for Afterlife were, but boy when that movie was finally released the wait was really worth it. The extra time was pretty good for Afterlife. Maybe the worst case scenario will be that this film will have more time to polish if it doesn’t make it’s intended release. :):):)
GuyX wrote: May 18th, 2023, 5:32 pmDid Kingpin or the others mean to denigrate secretarial work?
It wasn't an intention to insult people in the secretarial/office administration profession, but I can see how my wording can came off like that. I feel criticism of Derek's proposal was valid, but there may've been a better way for me to articulate my point than what I'd written.

I'm not arguing Lucky is primary character over Phoebe or Podcast, but I think she should get as much of a chance to reinforce her credentials as a potential Ghostbuster, and get to expand the role that was cut-down through editing in Afterlife.
philmorgan81 wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:44 am I am hoping not to jinx anything, if production is delayed and they miss the December release. It would be cool for the movie to be released just in time for the 40th Anniversary of the original.
In the run-up to the 40th anniversary may not be as perfect a release period as it first looks. Currently slated for June 2024 are an untitled Karate Kid film, Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning - Part 2 and Inside Out 2, with more obviously to be announced.
Meanwhile in 2022 we saw Jurassic World: Dominion, Lightyear, Elvis released in June, and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: Part 1, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, The Flash, Elemental, Asteroid City, and Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny will be released in June 2023... The era of the big summer blockbuster may be past us, but plenty of studios are still releasing high-interest films in the June block.

I know it's appealing to move the new film to June so it coincides with the anniversary, but I fear a June move would lead to "Firehouse" performing poorly against the competition likely to be released next summer.
mrmichaelt, Alphagaia, philmorgan81 and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: May 19th, 2023, 2:32 am
GuyX wrote: May 18th, 2023, 5:32 pmDid Kingpin or the others mean to denigrate secretarial work?
It wasn't an intention to insult people in the secretarial/office administration profession, but I can see how my wording can came off like that. I feel criticism of Derek's proposal was valid, but there may've been a better way for me to articulate my point than what I'd written.

I'm not arguing Lucky is primary character over Phoebe or Podcast, but I think she should get as much of a chance to reinforce her credentials as a potential Ghostbuster, and get to expand the role that was cut-down through editing in Afterlife.
Yeah, I really thought she would be next in line to become a Ghostbuster.

I mean, the movie is set up to be some kind of soft reboot where we have four new Ghostbusters in the form of the four new kids. That wasn't a coincidence. In that way it feels like a disappointment to me Lucky not becoming one. Especially after the first movie wasted her potential by mostly cutting out the story lines that involved her.
Davideverona wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:27 pm
deadderek wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:17 pm Sigourney says she won't be back for Firehouse.
Who? Where? Why? When? What? William?
Collider: https://collider.com/ghostbusters-after ... -comments/
philmorgan81 liked this
deadderek wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:17 pm Sigourney says she won't be back for Firehouse.
Her little coda in Afterlife's end credits is probably all we needed to see in regards to how Dana's doing in the 2020s: she's happy, she's married to Peter, and she's keeping him respectable and on his toes. :)

I'm happy for Dana to have a nice and quiet life living in upstate New York, not having to worry anymore about ghosts after all that she's been through.
Kingpin wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:43 pm
Her little coda in Afterlife's end credits is probably all we needed to see in regards to how Dana's doing in the 2020s: she's happy, she's married to Peter, and she's keeping him respectable and on his toes. :)

I'm happy for Dana to have a nice and quiet life living in upstate New York, not having to worry anymore about ghosts after all that she's been through.
More and more I’m getting the feeling they should retitle this franchise “The Spenglers” since that’s the angle they seem to be going with. I wonder if Vin Diesel is going to show up in this movie. I’m getting the theme of Ghostbuster going forth is “family”. Since Vin has the word “family” trademarked I think by law he’s either owed money or an appearance.

If Weaver is telling the truth(she’s been a little too open in the past) I think it’s a mistake. I’ve always thought there could be gold mined from the “what are the odds two ghosts target Dana Barrett” plot thread.

It was touched on in a deleted scene from GB2 but I think they could’ve done something where she’s some sort of supernatural conduit. Which partly explains how Vigo & Gozer were able to push thru.

It could explain so much. Why New York, why now, why Dana twice.

I’d rather see Dana again then Peck.
Kingpin wrote: May 19th, 2023, 2:32 am

philmorgan81 wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:44 am I am hoping not to jinx anything, if production is delayed and they miss the December release. It would be cool for the movie to be released just in time for the 40th Anniversary of the original.
In the run-up to the 40th anniversary may not be as perfect a release period as it first looks. Currently slated for June 2024 are an untitled Karate Kid film, Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning - Part 2 and Inside Out 2, with more obviously to be announced.
Meanwhile in 2022 we saw Jurassic World: Dominion, Lightyear, Elvis released in June, and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: Part 1, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, The Flash, Elemental, Asteroid City, and Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny will be released in June 2023... The era of the big summer blockbuster may be past us, but plenty of studios are still releasing high-interest films in the June block.

I know it's appealing to move the new film to June so it coincides with the anniversary, but I fear a June move would lead to "Firehouse" performing poorly against the competition likely to be released next summer.

Yeah I agree. Your right it may be appealing for the film to come out in time for the original films anniversary, but it would leave it open to get wiped out by bigger competition.

If it makes the December date it has a good chance at doing well. I think it’s biggest competition will be Aquaman and I don’t believe that is tracking too well right now. :):):)
deadderek wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:28 pm
Davideverona wrote: May 19th, 2023, 12:27 pm

Who? Where? Why? When? What? William?
Collider: https://collider.com/ghostbusters-after ... -comments/

Ah Bummer. I did enjoy her cameo in the last one. I suppose both her and Bill’s arc are finished, but I would have still loved to see them again. LOL! :):):)
Ernie Hudson said Bill Murray is gonna be in it so Dana will probably get mentioned. If she really isn’t in the movie she can always appear in another one.

Tying Dana to whatever the threat is a 3rd time would be way too repetitive. They did a good job making Gozer in Afterlife feel like a natural return but it’s time for a different plot and situation.
philmorgan81, Kingpin liked this
WCat2000 wrote: May 19th, 2023, 4:03 pm Ernie Hudson said Bill Murray is gonna be in it so Dana will probably get mentioned. If she really isn’t in the movie she can always appear in another one.

Tying Dana to whatever the threat is a 3rd time would be way too repetitive. They did a good job making Gozer in Afterlife feel like a natural return but it’s time for a different plot and situation.

I am very happy about that. I am really looking forward to seeing how involved Bill Murray will be in this one, I just really enjoy Murray and Weaver’s chemistry. When you get both of them on screen it’s a lot of fun. :):):)
WCat2000 wrote: May 19th, 2023, 4:03 pm Ernie Hudson said Bill Murray is gonna be in it so Dana will probably get mentioned. If she really isn’t in the movie she can always appear in another one.

Yeah it’s hard to believe anyone anymore when it comes to “will they or won’t they”. Like I said she’s been pretty open, probably a little too open, about her involvement. Maybe they’ll reuse some of the stuff that was cut with her in it.

It’s a shame they reused a villain last movie because Vigo could come back in a cool way if they wanted. But they can’t reuse villains twice. Well they can, and maybe they will, but people would bitch. Yet you could easily have Oscar become a little messed up since Vigo tried possessing him & some of Vigo’s essence or soul or magic was retained & was dormant within Oscar all these years. There’s that awesome shot of Vigo’s creepy ass face replace Oscar’s. When Vigo smiles? Creepy.

I’ve always preferred Vigo over Gozer. Maybe because Vigo is featured a lot more & throughout the movie. Plus he’s creepy as hell. Vigo is scary. Gozer has lightning fingers. Vigo has bad breath that paralyzes you.

Plus how badass is it to give a prophecy of your own return when your *head* dies with something like “Death is but a door, time is but a window, I’ll be back”. Now that’s a quote!

Also, Gozer never needed another bout with the GB’s. It was awesome the first time. But ol’ Viggz went out like a chump. They need a rematch.
Alphagaia wrote: May 20th, 2023, 12:32 am I just had a random thought that the second they deploy the remote control trap during a high speed chase on the streets of NY it immediately gets run over by a cab.

Wanted to share. Carry on!
That’s funny. I also had a random thought. Which was I wondered if the sequel will one up the RTV with a flying drone trap. That might be cool. Podcast piloting a drone trap with him seeing the drone pov from the Ecto goggles?

But I do wonder what happens when a trap is crush or destroyed. Do they blow up? Is the ghost just released from a mangled box?
deadderek liked this
GuyX wrote: May 18th, 2023, 5:32 pm
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: May 18th, 2023, 1:10 pm The suggestion Kingpin, or anyone else, was looking down on real secretarial work as a profession is nonsense and the resulting “outrage” is not in the least bit convincing.
This is the second time you’ve implied I’m not being genuine. I ignored it once. The 2nd time I’m taking it as an insult. I’d like to give you an opportunity to clarify this and apologize. Your use of “outrage” in quotes & the fact that you use “convince” as if I’m somehow not being genuine seems passive aggressive.

Frankly until I said something I don’t even think any of you realized the behaviour you were engaging in. Given that it’s stopped since I said something I think I’ve given some of you some things to think about. Sometimes we don’t realize how our remarks are coming across.

Did Kingpin or the others mean to denigrate secretarial work? Maybe. It seems that way. Certainly I took it that way. Whether or not you or anyone else are convinced of that? That’s on you.
It is on me and I’m not convinced, thanks for the opportunity.

Moving on. Did anybody see Jason posting a Ghostbusters-sponsored soccer team on instagram stories? “Big Day For Slimer Football Club”?

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]