Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Well, in the interest of balance I liked the Phoebe/Melody stuff, so there!
Alphagaia, MovieFacts, 13th Floor and 2 others liked this
DancingToaster wrote: March 28th, 2024, 11:00 am Ray was fantastic in this and had a decent amount of screentime and his own subplot; I wish he was in the movie even more, especially relating to Phoebe and both of their age-related sidelining.
When Phoebe asks him about his thoughts on the afterlife, and then Podcast interrupts them before I think Ray can even say anything, I was like noooo go back to that! I thought we would get another moment like Ray and Winston driving in the original, but it wasn't meant to be.
robbritton wrote: March 28th, 2024, 1:08 pm Well, in the interest of balance I liked the Phoebe/Melody stuff, so there!
Oh that was some of the strongest stuff of the movie,can't go into detail in this thread but i'll just say i wish there was more.
Last edited by 13th Floor on March 28th, 2024, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robbritton, mrmichaelt, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
(Also, FWIW, I'm with the critics on the library ghost. I don't find it cynical -- if anything, it's too earnest -- but it is definitely a meaningless wink, the kind that the movie mostly avoids, which is a relief given the 2016 movie and Afterlife wink like this constantly.)
Not really. I enjoyed the library ghost’s cameo. Made me jump a tiny bit like it had when I was four or five even though you knew from the trailers she was going to transform.
She was added in for a scare factor and nostalgic nod. Although, I think Gil and Jason missed an opportunity by not giving her more screen time. Ray could have been helping her to cross over all this time. Causing the library ghost to scare patrons over the last 30 years would have been a better explanation of him getting kicked out of NYPL
Patton: Ray, you’re here again?
Ray: It won’t be like the last time.
Cue the montage of Ray and Patton running out of the library over the years. He's been there for a while. Patton would have been more aware of Ray I think.
Last edited by timeware on March 28th, 2024, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DancingToaster liked this
starang11 wrote: March 28th, 2024, 2:46 pmWhen Phoebe asks him about his thoughts on the afterlife, and then Podcast interrupts them before I think Ray can even say anything, I was like noooo go back to that! I thought we would get another moment like Ray and Winston driving in the original, but it wasn't meant to be.
Number one bit in the movie that bugged me. Surely we could've given that scene an actual ending instead of having Podcast interrupt it with plot. Another minute wouldn't have unbalanced the movie.
robbritton, deadderek liked this
tylergfoster wrote: March 28th, 2024, 4:23 pm
starang11 wrote: March 28th, 2024, 2:46 pmWhen Phoebe asks him about his thoughts on the afterlife, and then Podcast interrupts them before I think Ray can even say anything, I was like noooo go back to that! I thought we would get another moment like Ray and Winston driving in the original, but it wasn't meant to be.
Number one bit in the movie that bugged me. Surely we could've given that scene an actual ending instead of having Podcast interrupt it with plot. Another minute wouldn't have unbalanced the movie.
Imagine a 10 episode season with the events of Frozen Empire....imagine.
It's so frustrating to watch Podcast,Lucky Callie and Trevor not do much
deadderek liked this
PukieDoug wrote: March 28th, 2024, 10:37 am Wow , tough crowd here 🤣
Agreed. Audiences are far more critical than ever. I tend to believe that if a certain property has resonated with the audience in years past, then it is hard to meet their expectations (i.e. head canon) because they’re constantly building up what they want to see instead of just letting a movie succeed, or fail on its own merits.

If people stop trying to constantly compare Frozen Empire with GB84, then they would enjoy this movie so much more.

I was very pleased overall with Frozen Empire. Absolutely loved it. Yes, I think the exposition in the middle of the film bogged it down somewhat, but I think it helped to illustrate the Ghostbusters knowledge and investigative techniques, which is a cool aspect to see. All that paranormal technobabble must’ve been Dan Aykroyd‘s wet dream lol.

I was actually shocked, but very pleasantly surprised at the coarse language and innuendo in this movie. I thought to myself in the theater “finally! A new Ghostbusters movie with adult themes in it!”

My only complaints?

1. Walter Peck was very underutilized. He needed to be so much more of a threat instead of just a passing cameo. Early on the movie when he said he wanted to see their headquarters reduced to rubble, I really thought that was foreshadowing for what would happen given the trailers and commercials showed a lot of damage happening to the firehouse.

2. I wished they would’ve made Melody look a little more morbid. She is a ghost after all. If she died in that fire before her body burned, at least show signs of smoke inhalation with some soot around her nose and mouth.

3. Not enough slimer! The puppet built for frozen empire was absolutely fantastic and would’ve done Steve Johnson proud… wherever he’s hiding. Lol.

4. The standard formula of the main villain showing up and being readily defeated in the third act is tiresome. Garakka should have shown up halfway through the movie and made its presence felt so the teams would have to work that much harder to defeat it.

When I left my AMC theater last week with a smile on my face, I walked through the lobby where Ghostbusters merch was being sold. A girl probably no more than eight years old excitedly grabbed something and shouted to her parents, “Look! A Ghostbusters blanket!” Now how can you not love that?

Here’s to hoping for another movie!
MovieFacts wrote: March 25th, 2024, 1:14 pm Apologies in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but I have a question...

If you think you have a strong outline for a story. Would you pitch it? Don't get me wrong, I know even you did there is next to no chance of it materialising into anything, I just think I have a strong story. We're ghost buster fans, don't we all?
When I lived in LA in 1986, and RGB was only a few episodes into its 1st season, my group spent Saturdays going to the movies and buying movie memorablilia. At lunch (and I'm not too sure which of us it was), the idea of a RGB villain based on the Tooth Fairy was kicked around. Basically, she got greedy and didn't want to keep waiting for kids to put their teeth under the pillow...so she started taking them. Showdown would reveal that she had a mouthful of those teeth. It's odd, the things we remember.
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]