Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
joezlo wrote: January 18th, 2023, 1:27 pm They violated a judicial restraining order from what we can gather was a high profile case.

Those kinda things move fast in the judiciary pipeline.

Also considering the scale of the NYC blackout they caused.
This reminds me of the Legal Eagle video.

Kingpin wrote: January 19th, 2023, 5:37 am
One time wrote: January 18th, 2023, 6:17 pm The Ghostbusters never busted a "human" ghost.

All ghosts appear to be manifestations of an abundance of emotion of people who have died. Slimer; gluttony. Subway Ghost; claustrophobic chaos, Scoleri's; murderous rage, etc. Even the jogger could have been a ghost of compulsive addiction.
I feel there is an argument that the Scoleris, the jogger, and a lot of the other humanoid ghosts the guys have encountered are still human ghosts, it depends on how easy a human ghost can become overcome/corrupted by a particular emotion. There's also the question of what could Egon have been like if he'd been haunting the farmhouse for a decade or more... Would he have eventually become a manifestation of regret and loneliness?

The lore on what makes the ghosts we've seen remains quite scarce, though there is room to potentially dive into that with the "Firehouse", and if we get any more films after that.
RichardLess wrote: January 18th, 2023, 8:14 pm So yeah…it’s the next day.
-In a notation in the script that most people are never going to see, whereas in the finished film it's not so clear-cut. Thinly implied? Maybe...

Even the perfect moment where Louis could've confirmed it was the prior day through his dialogue wasn't used: "Sure, the blackout yesterday/last night was a big problem for everybody..." Nor anything in the prosecutor's dialogue.

Much like the references to Ecto-1A/Ecto-2 being a second car in the script versus what's either overt or implied on-screen, notations in the various scripts are probably at-best regarded as secondary canon, with whatever appears in the finished film/s being primary canon.
I would agree with the primary/ secondary canon rule when there’s conflicting info. Always go with the movie(it’s kinda funny you went with the Ecto 2 example since the car’s plate randomly changes to saying “Ecto 2” in a scene. Which is something I never caught in the hundreds(thousands?) of times I’d seen GB2 until I came to this site & someone pointed it out). However, when we something isn’t specified in the movie and there’s some ambiguity yet we want to know what the filmmakers intended, if the script gives us an answer not in the movie I’d say it’s fair to take that as the intended story point.

But regardless of the script or any of that I think most audience members are assuming that trial is the very next day, right? I think? That was always my take away anyways.

But yeah like you mentioned before the timeline of the movies are very vague. We know something is suppose to happens on New Years but at no point are we told how far away it is when the movie starts. We see Christmas decorations. That might’ve been a good thing to change. Give the audience a ticking clock. We are X amount of days from New Year’s Eve. Like…Peter and Dana go out on a date right? Was that on New Years Eve? Oscar is kidnapped that same night, right? Then Dana goes looking for him. Does all that take place on the same night? Like…New Years just kinda happens. Interesting to think about.
Prime 1986 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 8:48 am Hell's Kitchen is also apparently a part of manthattan where the bridge connects NY and NJ.
Kinda supports the Manhellton script theory.
True, "Rust City" was Summerville or more precise Podcast referred to the foundry as it and that's where they encountered Muncher. "Hell's Kitchen" could have the same connotation.

RichardLess wrote: January 19th, 2023, 2:26 pm But yeah like you mentioned before the timeline of the movies are very vague. We know something is suppose to happens on New Years but at no point are we told how far away it is when the movie starts. We see Christmas decorations. That might’ve been a good thing to change. Give the audience a ticking clock. We are X amount of days from New Year’s Eve. Like…Peter and Dana go out on a date right? Was that on New Years Eve? Oscar is kidnapped that same night, right? Then Dana goes looking for him. Does all that take place on the same night? Like…New Years just kinda happens. Interesting to think about.
One clue is when the guys go to Dana's apartment to examine Oscar, there's a quick shot of the maid and Oscar in the kitchen I think. The calendar is still on November. Then when the cop first checks on the guys on First Avenue, Ray notes it's a Friday night. So you could look at the '89 calendar and extrapolate from there. Then by the time Ray and Egon demo the mood slime to Peter and Ray, we're into the New Year's Eve holidays. Imo, more or less, the movie covers 1 month.
Corey91, Prime 1986 liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: January 19th, 2023, 4:21 pm
Prime 1986 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 8:48 am Hell's Kitchen is also apparently a part of manthattan where the bridge connects NY and NJ.
Kinda supports the Manhellton script theory.
True, "Rust City" was Summerville or more precise Podcast referred to the foundry as it and that's where they encountered Muncher. "Hell's Kitchen" could have the same connotation.

RichardLess wrote: January 19th, 2023, 2:26 pm But yeah like you mentioned before the timeline of the movies are very vague. We know something is suppose to happens on New Years but at no point are we told how far away it is when the movie starts. We see Christmas decorations. That might’ve been a good thing to change. Give the audience a ticking clock. We are X amount of days from New Year’s Eve. Like…Peter and Dana go out on a date right? Was that on New Years Eve? Oscar is kidnapped that same night, right? Then Dana goes looking for him. Does all that take place on the same night? Like…New Years just kinda happens. Interesting to think about.
One clue is when the guys go to Dana's apartment to examine Oscar, there's a quick shot of the maid and Oscar in the kitchen I think. The calendar is still on November. Then when the cop first checks on the guys on First Avenue, Ray notes it's a Friday night. So you could look at the '89 calendar and extrapolate from there. Then by the time Ray and Egon demo the mood slime to Peter and Ray, we're into the New Year's Eve holidays. Imo, more or less, the movie covers 1 month.
Sharp eye! That’s a good catch. A month seems about right with all that goes on. I could see the montage covering a couple weeks. They shot, editing and aired a new commercial plus all the various calls and slime escalation.

There’s a bit of interesting subtext that I don’t think I’ve ever considered before. The slime, the negative slime that feeds on bad human emotions, starts becoming a big problem during the holiday season. Christmas season and the new year. What is suppose to be a time of good cheer and Merry making is infact a stressful, angry and sad time for ALOT of people. I don’t know if they considered that while writing the movie but it’s interesting isn’t it? You’d think the holiday season would be the last time of year Vigo would want to come alive. Then again…it’s also his undoing in a way isn’t it? Or maybe it’s not something Vigo chose maybe there’s something significant with the changing of the Year. One of the big scenes from an earlier draft of the script that could’ve been really funny is the GB’s go on TV, like the mayor suggests, and tells New Yorkers they’ve gotta be nice to each other and so we get a montage of all the various scenarios New Yorkers hate(traffic, crowded subway cars, sporting events) and they are forcefully nice(thru gritted teeth).

In the finished film there is a stone slab with all sorts of runes on it that Janosz puts Oscars alter on. I’ve always wondered about that. Did he make it? Find it? Was it hidden somewhere? In the script Janosz was suppose to have written rune incantations on Oscar.
Davideverona wrote: January 19th, 2023, 2:20 pm
Rookie99 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 1:40 pm If the working title is Hells Kitchen, that means only one thing: Daredevils going to be in it.
The Ben Affleck one or Charlie Cox?
Charlie Cox. I mean, that version was technically already in a Sony movie, so just have him show up in another. Because that's totally how these things work.
Ernie Hudson confirmed he would be in it. I'm hoping we'll also get Dan Aykroyd and maybe at least cameos from Bill Murray and Sigourney Weaver. I'd also LOVE to see Rick Moranis return to play the Lewis Tully character, especially if he ended up getting married to Janine.

From the new cast in Afterlife, I'd like to see all of them return, quite honestly. I especially loved Phoebe and Podcast.

Anyway, just my $0.02.

mod note: moved post from plot point thread to main news thread
There is some filming scheduled in London on March 6th. Now it could just be something simple like using the studios at Shepperton or Pinewood. Or perhaps there are some genuine scenes that take place in the city? So far we've only seen ghosts officially isolated to New York and Summerville... although the Titanic continued to sail from the North Atlantic to Pier 59.

1/23: Interesting development…
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnxJUnvMUIv/

mod note: moved post from plot point thread to main news thread
Mercifull wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 9:26 amImage
That's the Oxford Street end of Dean Street, with the Tottenham Court Road station for the Elizabeth Line standing on the right.

Oxford Street is one of the big shopping streets in the city, while Tottenham Court Road is one of the stations serving London's Soho, best known for it's nightlife, shopping, and being one of the main hubs of the city's LGBTQI+ community.
Hmm, I assumed they would be just doing interior filming at someplace like Pinewood. But yeah, I suppose if they're also scouting for an exterior like the Highlands for a flashback sequence or something they're in the UK.

Eric Steelberg's also in the UK.
https://www.instagram.com/stories/erics ... 980086335/
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/01/23 ... d-kingdom/
deadderek liked this
FatherOfGhostbusters wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 7:25 pm More likely a flashback plot point - some supernatural occurance that plays into the third act.
If the franchise was going to utilize flashbacks, Afterlife would've been the film to set that trend. It seems very unlikely it'd be a flashback.
mrmichaelt wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 8:40 pm Eric Steelberg's also in the UK.
https://www.instagram.com/stories/erics ... 980086335/
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/01/23 ... d-kingdom/
That's just inside the entrance to Air Street where it joins Regent Street, another major shopping street in London. It's also about two-three minutes from Piccadilly Circus, London's equivalent to Times Square.
mrmichaelt wrote: January 24th, 2023, 1:18 am I get it's been 4 months but still kinda too soon...
Agreed, too soon and in poor taste.
Alphagaia, mrmichaelt, Sav C liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 24th, 2023, 3:21 am That's just inside the entrance to Air Street where it joins Regent Street, another major shopping street in London. It's also about two-three minutes from Piccadilly Circus, London's equivalent to Times Square.
Hat tip for identifying the locations. But yeah, I suspect they're just exploring and taking in the sights, not location scouting. Having some fun before the work begins.
Kingpin liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 5:50 pm
Mercifull wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 9:26 amImage
That's the Oxford Street end of Dean Street, with the Tottenham Court Road station for the Elizabeth Line standing on the right.

Oxford Street is one of the big shopping streets in the city, while Tottenham Court Road is one of the stations serving London's Soho, best known for it's nightlife, shopping, and being one of the main hubs of the city's LGBTQI+ community.
Bloody working from home! I used to be there every lunch break and it's where I do the lion's share of recording these days. I can't believe Ghostbusters is in my home town and I'm stuck in my back garden!
Sav C liked this
robbritton wrote: January 24th, 2023, 3:45 am I can't believe Ghostbusters is in my home town and I'm stuck in my back garden!
In fairness, Dean Street may not end up featuring in the movie at all, even if it is being considered as a filming location.
robbritton liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 24th, 2023, 4:11 am
robbritton wrote: January 24th, 2023, 3:45 am I can't believe Ghostbusters is in my home town and I'm stuck in my back garden!
In fairness, Dean Street may not end up featuring in the movie at all, even if it is being considered as a filming location.
I know that really, I was being hyperbolic! Just even their being over here at all feels so exciting though - Ghostbusters was always so far away. I know it sounds stupid, but just the knowledge that something is happening somewhere relatively nearby right now just feels magical somehow.
robbritton wrote: January 24th, 2023, 4:42 am
Kingpin wrote: January 24th, 2023, 4:11 am

I know that really, I was being hyperbolic! Just even their being over here at all feels so exciting though - Ghostbusters was always so far away. I know it sounds stupid, but just the knowledge that something is happening somewhere relatively nearby right now just feels magical somehow.
A friend of mine has his in-laws over at Calgary.
Every year he and his wife go in Canada to visit them.
In 2019 their car broke down and some other things in the house had to be hurrily fixed, so they didn't have the money to make the trip to Calgary. When he found out that the long awaited GB3 was to be shot in a Canadian town he goes every year he cried. He cried really hard.
robbritton liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 24th, 2023, 3:21 am
FatherOfGhostbusters wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 7:25 pm More likely a flashback plot point - some supernatural occurance that plays into the third act.
If the franchise was going to utilize flashbacks, Afterlife would've been the film to set that trend. It seems very unlikely it'd be a flashback.

I certainly see that possibility as well, but isn't your point here kind of a slippery slope/hasty generalization? None of the other films featured children as the main characters until Afterlife, so by your logic that should have never happened. Also, considering the different writers, directors, etc over time, both of our arguments are pure speculation, at best.
It doesn't seem too hasty a generalization when three-quarters of the movies featuring the 1980s cast haven't made use of flashbacks. :whatever:
It just seems like that if the creative minds were going to introduce them as a narrative device, the golden opportunity would've been the previous film... And if they didn't utilize them for that, it suggests that they prefer a linear narrative instead.

I don't believe the aspect of child characters being main characters is comparable to flashbacks in the storytelling, one was more likely to happen than the other.
Sav C liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 24th, 2023, 11:54 am It doesn't seem too hasty a generalization when three-quarters of the movies featuring the 1980s cast haven't made use of flashbacks. :whatever:
It just seems like that if the creative minds were going to introduce them as a narrative device, the golden opportunity would've been the previous film... And if they didn't utilize them for that, it suggests that they prefer a linear narrative instead.

I don't believe the aspect of child characters being main characters is comparable to flashbacks in the storytelling, one was more likely to happen than the other.

"It just seems like" is a solid preamble for a hasty generalization based on opinion. What you're using as a constant isn't a constant, but a series of variables while supporting it with a strawman fallacy - that being said, it really doesn't matter. I could still be right, and so could you. This isn't predictive analysis, it's two people guessing at why production might be taking place in the UK with almost zero hard data points to analyze. So, I find myself not caring enough to continue the conjecture past this point. Regardless of whose theory ends up being right, I'm just excited for the movie! With out without flashbacks.

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]