Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Alphagaia wrote: October 14th, 2022, 10:28 am Loved it, but the only thing I found a tad unbelievable was Winston's waistline.

Dude's fit for his age, but not that fit.
Oh come on now it's fantasy. 😜
Alphagaia wrote: October 14th, 2022, 10:28 am Loved it, but the only thing I found a tad unbelievable was Winston's waistline.

Dude's fit for his age, but not that fit.
They also had the OGs names on the lockers after the remodel, there's gonna be a LOT of new recruits :shock:
zeta otaku wrote: October 14th, 2022, 10:44 am It's best to just assume the game is splintering off of Afterlife into it's own thing separate from the upcoming movie until something comes along to contradict that.
Yes, the game maker has said from the start that Spirits Unleashed is its own canon.
Kingpin, Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote: October 14th, 2022, 11:58 pm Nintendo didn't draw any line, Illfonic did. The game should be able to play on the switch with a few tweaks, but it doesn't sound they wanted to invest the time to make a special switch version.

Also, do you often spend a few hundred bucks without a little research?
Always been wanting a switch. Figured GBSU could be an extra bonus. But No, im not attached to my phone like most people.

Do you always act like a prick with little empathy?
deadderek liked this
Davideverona wrote: October 15th, 2022, 5:31 am I hope that in the movie Ray will have the same enthusiasm that I heard in the game opening video.
Damn, Aykroyd still nails it.
Agreed. Couldn't help myself. Watched the whole cinematic.
jonogunn, Davideverona liked this
That was pretty neat that Spirits Unleashed begins right where Afterlife ends and does a construction montage to get its AU canon to a start.

Also, was reading Marvel's Daredevil: Born Again Disney+ series films in NY from February to December 2023. So I guess production teams for DD and GB might bump into each other, lol.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
Rookie99 wrote: October 21st, 2022, 9:31 pm Really hope they steal that opening from Spirits Unleashed for Firehouse. It would work perfectly as an opening credits sequence!
This Post Contains Spoilers
timeware wrote: October 21st, 2022, 11:04 pm The opening sequence was great, and much agreed they should steal it for firehouse. I'd be super thrilled if they clean up the Ecto and just leave it in the garage like that. Still want to drive it in the game though. It's time we got a new vehicle.
As much as the Ecto is iconic, it's just beyond impractical these days. It wouldn't be worth the maintenance upkeep.
SpaceBallz liked this
deadderek wrote:As much as the Ecto is iconic, it's just beyond impractical these days. It wouldn't be worth the maintenance upkeep.
If Winston kept Ray's Occult afloat for decades, he likely will do the same for Ecto-1. Financial insecurity isn't an issue anymore, no matter how scare and expensive Cadillac parts increasingly become. Though getting repeatedly sued for property damage... that's a whole other problem for Winston to mitigate.
SpaceBallz wrote: October 21st, 2022, 10:38 pm
Rookie99 wrote: October 21st, 2022, 9:31 pm Really hope they steal that opening from Spirits Unleashed for Firehouse. It would work perfectly as an opening credits sequence!
This Post Contains Spoilers
So? He likes it that way and it honors the first team.
Ecto-1 is in a rare position that it can carry on as one of the iconic aspects of the franchise even if eventually Dan and Ernie retire from it.

I get the arguments that the car is at the point in its life where practically, it should be put out to pasture... Especially as someone who himself has argued other aspects about the car with a certain degree of real-world practicality... But I'd be apprehensive and hesitant about retiring the 1959 Cadillac Ecto-1 seeing as the prop car/s are now at a point where they can be used for further adventures as the Ghostbusters' mode of transportation. With the loss of Harold, and the growing possibility that Bill won't be back, it wouldn't hurt to hold onto some of the franchise's iconic landmarks.
robbritton liked this
Kingpin wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 1:11 pm Ecto-1 is in a rare position that it can carry on as one of the iconic aspects of the franchise even if eventually Dan and Ernie retire from it.

I get the arguments that the car is at the point in its life where practically, it should be put out to pasture... Especially as someone who himself has argued other aspects about the car with a certain degree of real-world practicality... But I'd be apprehensive and hesitant about retiring the 1959 Cadillac Ecto-1 seeing as the prop car/s are now at a point where they can be used for further adventures as the Ghostbusters' mode of transportation. With the loss of Harold, and the growing possibility that Bill won't be back, it wouldn't hurt to hold onto some of the franchise's iconic landmarks.
You know... those are valid points. I keep forgetting this isn't the same Ecto that was in the first two movies, only PARTS of it are from Ghostbusters 2. I keep forgetting that for Afterlife, they basically built a new car for it. Just thinking real-world, the model of the car is pushing 80... and if we get another 2 movies with it, I find the fantastical ghosts more realistic than using a 1959 Caddy as a daily work car in modern New York City XD
Prime 1986, SpaceBallz liked this
They acquired/built new engines for both cars, and rebuilt a lot of the underside of the one they bought specially for the production as it was practically metallic Swiss cheese... I wouldn't say that they built a while new car, though.
I had an idea I thought would be cool.

What if within the movie universe of course Cadillac put the Miller Meteor back into limited production especially for the ghostbusters reopening after so long.

It’d be a modern day version not 50s style. So it’d be whatever the Miller Meteor would like in 2023. Ya know how they revive certain cars with retro styling.

I imagine the red fins would now function as the actual tail lights at the back instead of the bulbs sticking out.

The original Ecto can still be used by Winston and Ray or just certain occasions.
Sav C liked this
WCat2000 wrote: October 24th, 2022, 2:48 pm I had an idea I thought would be cool.

What if within the movie universe of course Cadillac put the Miller Meteor back into limited production especially for the ghostbusters reopening after so long.

It’d be a modern day version not 50s style. So it’d be whatever the Miller Meteor would like in 2023. Ya know how they revive certain cars with retro styling.

I imagine the red fins would now function as the actual tail lights at the back instead of the bulbs sticking out.

The original Ecto can still be used by Winston and Ray or just certain occasions.
That’d be really cool! Maybe a 2002 Eldorado converted into a hearse/ambulance.
WCat2000 liked this
Cadillac is making these. Was not aware til now. They’re actually different even though these pics look the same. Ones an suv and the other is like a wagon.

The Lyriq

The Celestiq

This is pretty much what I meant by the tail lights. So still have the fins (maybe not as big) and they light up in the back.

Sav C liked this
So we've got the working title for the movie and it drops in about 13 months. Anyone think we'll get anything official before the year is out? Personally I'm hoping for something for Christmas. :) A minuscule one sentence update. A picture.
Sav C liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]