Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
BatDan wrote: June 8th, 2023, 6:12 pm So uh..Is that it??

Compared to last year where we had a live stream with project and film announcements…this was kinda weak.
Not every year is big. They announced lot's last year. This year, they're still filming. Lowkey was always what it was going to be this year. Could tell with no PR release about an event.

Also, Chris Stewart found a deal: Get your personalized Ghostbusters t-shirt and glass at http://Ghostbusters.com as a bundled discount, today only! Check the store’s other merch for up to 40% off! Use the code: GHOSTBUSTERSDAY.
Was that rumor of Ecto filming at H&L 8 bogus or incorrect dates?
Maybe they filmed middle of the night and nobody knew?
OR considering they have that gorgeous set of the exterior perhaps they did all of it across the pond?
But actually filming on NY streets this week, how could they not stop by for a little shot or 2? I dunno.
Still, lots of sneak peek stuff this week to ponder over!
Corey91 liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote: June 8th, 2023, 6:34 pm Was that rumor of Ecto filming at H&L 8 bogus or incorrect dates?
Maybe they filmed middle of the night and nobody knew?
OR considering they have that gorgeous set of the exterior perhaps they did all of it across the pond?
But actually filming on NY streets this week, how could they not stop by for a little shot or 2? I dunno.
Still, lots of sneak peek stuff this week to ponder over!
So far, bogus. Just filming near H&L yesterday in Church Street area.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 8th, 2023, 6:21 pm

Compared to last year where we had a live stream with project and film announcements…this was kinda weak.
Not every year is big. They announced lot's last year. This year, they're still filming. Lowkey was always what it was going to be this year. Could tell with no PR release about an event.

Also, Chris Stewart found a deal: Get your personalized Ghostbusters t-shirt and glass at http://Ghostbusters.com as a bundled discount, today only! Check the store’s other merch for up to 40% off! Use the code: GHOSTBUSTERSDAY.
Well..i wasnt expecting a trailer or nothing. Title drop in the form of a text teaser.

I do like how the “happy gb day” is more or less a confirmation of the cast considering some were speculating Celeste.
mrmichaelt, Kingpin liked this
BatDan wrote: June 8th, 2023, 6:41 pm
Well..i wasnt expecting a trailer or nothing. Title drop in the form of a text teaser.

I do like how the “happy gb day” is more or less a confirmation of the cast considering some were speculating Celeste.
Yeah, me neither. I thought the title, too.

Also cool to finally see Carrie as well. She's been under the radar out of everyone in the cast.
BatDan, Kingpin liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: June 8th, 2023, 4:24 pm A ghost from the past confirmed:

I still have PTSD from Batman & Robin. I demand this man be banned. 😂
Making some assumptions and extrapolations here but since nothing being filmed in NYC seems to be winter themed, and assuming this poster is hinting at something fairly important to the plot I'd hazard a guess and say maybe the new threat/villain is ice themed.

Taking only previous movies into context and not other stuff (sorry comics and games), says to me something new and that's super exciting.
DancingToaster liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: June 8th, 2023, 6:21 pm

“Not every year is big”

I could understand that if they didn’t have an actual movie coming out within 6 months.

I guess the logo seals it. They are keeping that December date. I mean…that’s pretty ballsy considering the strike going and the short post production schedule.

I do love that date tho. If they have the goods, a December date is cherry!

With the ice theme maybe there’s a thing in the movie about hell freezing over. (hells kitchen was a working title after all)
mrmichaelt wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 2:32 am EDIT: Noticed in that reddit, someone claimed to work next to KPMG and claims a crew member told them the scene is for a CGI dragon. lol.

mrmichaelt wrote: June 8th, 2023, 2:26 am And a semi-new logline. "to kill a ghost from the past." Hurgh?

😂
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2023, 8:09 pm I could understand that if they didn’t have an actual movie coming out within 6 months.
Well, again, they're still filming - doubt there's any footage to tout. We got 2 videos though that showed us more of the Firehouse set. Maybe they have something planned for San Diego Comic Con and I think there will definitely be a big event at New York Comic Con. Yes, on the other hand, it is surprising how much they're still keeping under the lid with 6 months to go and I've said before I hope they would be hyping and marketing this movie way more than they did with Afterlife. But I guess Sony is more concerned with patting itself on the shoulder for Spider-Verse right now. Shrug.

groschopf wrote: June 8th, 2023, 8:13 pm😂
Clever connecting there.
groschopf, Kingpin liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: June 8th, 2023, 4:16 pm Curious:
Is anyone getting icicle vibes? Like its been hit be a freeze ray?
Maybe a freeze ray is what's in that clamshell on top of Ecto? Could be the new novel tech like slimblowers in GB2.

Or maybe there's a rival team of 'busters "disrupting" the paranormal investigation and elimination field using a new tech that's less destructive than blasting red hot searing streams of protons? There might a lot of business to compete for if there's suddenly a leak or breach of the containment unit AND a new paranormal threat. Perhaps James Acaster is developing new equipment for a rival team, not our beloved supernatural all-stars.

Also, seeing this... this is everything for me today. This is literally something we haven't seen filmed in 39 years.

mrmichaelt wrote: June 8th, 2023, 8:05 pm I think this was from yesterday's filming but 3 more photos.
https://twitter.com/altapeli/status/1666956571539038209
Perhaps someone already said or confirmed this—and if I overlooked as much, I apologize—but it seems high likely now that we're seeing Carrie's stunt double ride around in the Ecto and not Emily Alyn Lind's if the nametag here is anything to go on (this is the first time I could read it, but I'm sure someone more eagle-eyed already figured this out!).

RedSpecial, deadderek liked this
groschopf wrote: June 8th, 2023, 8:13 pm
mrmichaelt wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 2:32 am EDIT: Noticed in that reddit, someone claimed to work next to KPMG and claims a crew member told them the scene is for a CGI dragon. lol.

mrmichaelt wrote: June 8th, 2023, 2:26 am And a semi-new logline. "to kill a ghost from the past." Hurgh?

😂
I actually wouldn't mind them bridging the two universe together. Say what you will about ATC, but the film did do a great job at fleshing out the evolution of the GB tech, and some of the characters were actually pretty cool, specifically McKinnon's portrayal of Holtzmann. Script issues aside, I think bringing in a multiverse aspect to the films could actually improve the 2016 universe, as well as jump onto the trend, as multiverses seem to be the big thing in films now. That being said, I don't think they're gonna do that at all, especially given the response to ATC the first time.
groschopf wrote:Perhaps someone already said or confirmed this—and if I overlooked as much, I apologize—but it seems high likely now that we're seeing Carrie's stunt double ride around in the Ecto and not Emily Alyn Lind's if the nametag here is anything to go on (this is the first time I could read it, but I'm sure someone more eagle-eyed already figured this out!).
Yes, it does look like we have Mckenna's stunt double on the gunner, Carrie's on front passenger, and Paul's driving. Not sure if there's a fourth inside in the back seat.

'CGI dragon' might have just been just code/layman explanation to the crew and it could be something else entirely. Maybe just serpentine in appearance.

But speaking of Lind, I did find some mention scrolling of NYC photos last night of that day she posted her crew hat photo, on her IG live, she said she wasn't in wardrobe in and regular clothes because the wardrobe was spoiler and she would get in trouble. Hence why it was whited out. So that's still a mystery... But I guess no one saved a copy of the live session.
DancingToaster liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: June 8th, 2023, 8:40 pm
groschopf wrote:Perhaps someone already said or confirmed this—and if I overlooked as much, I apologize—but it seems high likely now that we're seeing Carrie's stunt double ride around in the Ecto and not Emily Alyn Lind's if the nametag here is anything to go on (this is the first time I could read it, but I'm sure someone more eagle-eyed already figured this out!).
Yes, it does look like we have Mckenna's stunt double on the gunner, Carrie's on front passenger, and Paul's driving. Not sure if there's a fourth inside in the back seat.
I think in one of the earlier car photos, there's someone who looks like Trevor sitting in the other back seat. Also, if that's Carrie's stunt double (extremely likely, given the nametag and appearance), it's great that Callie gets to wear an official uniform in this movie, especially after everything she went through in the previous one.
Corey91, Kingpin liked this
All I was hoping for today was spy pics of the Ectomobile roaring out of H&L8...

But now, having seen the Firehouse set for GB4, I know that isn't coming! They don't need to shoot at H&L8 at all, which is honestly just good for those guys--the boys there don't have to be disturbed and can keep on fighting the good fight!

As for the Spirits Unleashed tease, color me surprised. The player base seems nonexistent, so I'm very happy that we're still getting stuff, though I keep expecting each DLC drop to be our last. Frankly, the game only needs a few minor things for me to be totally happy, and then if support ends, I'm golden. But I'll definitely enjoy more new stuff while we can get it.
Davideverona wrote: June 8th, 2023, 11:41 pm In the meantime you can feast your eyes over these concept art for Firehouse

https://www.andrewgeorgesmith.co.uk/con ... ostbusters
Warning! Heavy spoilers in that one! You can see a concept version of the big bad, new equipment, what ghosts from our past might mean and the reason behind the new logo and practice rooms.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Alphagaia wrote: June 8th, 2023, 11:46 pm
Davideverona wrote: June 8th, 2023, 11:41 pm In the meantime you can feast your eyes over these concept art for Firehouse

Warning! Heavy spoilers in that one! You can see a concept version of the big bad, new equipment, what ghosts from our past might mean and the reason behind the new logo and practice rooms.
mrmichaelt liked this
These are fascinating and super encouraging but yeah, heavy incident (and potentially character) spoilers in there as said.
Last edited by robbritton on June 9th, 2023, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt, Kingpin liked this

Oops. Yeah, I think Mr. Smith posted these a tad bit too early. It will probably get yanked. What is it like 7:30 am in London, wonder if Eric Reich is awake yet.
Well, some people wanted more today. They got their wish, lol.
robbritton liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]