Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Davideverona wrote:https://instagram.com/stories/ericreich ... JmNzVkMjY=

Eric Reich is in Tribeca, visiting the Firehouse. Are they in the location scouting process?
Maybe. It fits the time frame of production. Or maybe Eric was in NYC because Illfonic held Thursday's media event in New York and he stopped by to H&L on the way to pay respects. When in Rome.
Alphagaia wrote: October 11th, 2022, 6:38 am Could the reason we haven't heard much have to do with the allegations towards Bill Murray?
No, and there's no need to worry about the silence or think of reasons of why it is quiet. There's undoubtedly a lot of work going on behind the scenes that we are not privy to. Enjoy the quiet on the public front while it lasts. When the needle drops, this thread for better or worse will get lively again.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
Alphagaia wrote: October 11th, 2022, 6:38 am Could the reason we haven't heard much have to do with the allegations towards Bill Murray?

Not sure if they even wanted him in it, ofcourse.
If he’s a big part of the movie? It could. But that’s a big if. Look at the situation WB is in with Ezra Miller. A 200 million dollar movie and the potential crux of their future plans. No film studio wants to be stuck in that position. Granted Ezra Miller is the lead. I’m sure if they are worried about Bill they are thinking about making him easy to erase.

But it worries me. We’ve all seen how these things go. One story comes out. Then another, and another. Let’s hope Bill isn’t that type of person. But I think of Dan’s nickname for him & I wonder if this is just the start.

I also think about the legacy of the franchise. We’ve already seen some people go after the Venkman character & the whole Thorazine thing. If something very serious comes out about Bill…well let’s just hope we’ve heard the worst there is.
Sav C liked this
If he’s a big part of the movie? It could. But that’s a big if. Look at the situation WB is in with Ezra Miller. A 200 million dollar movie and the potential crux of their future plans. No film studio wants to be stuck in that position. Granted Ezra Miller is the lead. I’m sure if they are worried about Bill they are thinking about making him easy to erase.

But it worries me. We’ve all seen how these things go. One story comes out. Then another, and another. Let’s hope Bill isn’t that type of person. But I think of Dan’s nickname for him & I wonder if this is just the start.

I also think about the legacy of the franchise. We’ve already seen some people go after the Venkman character & the whole Thorazine thing. If something very serious comes out about Bill…well let’s just hope we’ve heard the worst there is.
The stories coming out concerning Ezra should be sending up a ton of red flags to WB. It's not just the allegations. He's been actually arrested and documented being violent towards women. The whole choke slamming a fan and throwing chairs, among other incidents.

This is on top of the whole Amber Heard situation. They need to scrap the flash and replace him with Grant Gustin...in a flash. Ezra is straight up kooky-dook's if you ask me.
deadderek wrote: October 11th, 2022, 10:02 pm We really thinking Bill's coming back for the new one?
Well, every time we say: "naah, he's not going to be in it" he ends up being in the project. ☺

I think the OGB will have a slightly longer part in Firehouse, with Ray and Winston being the Doc Browns to the new team Marty and Peter showing up for the grand reopening and for the final battle.
This way we had two Ghostbusters 3: a prologue (Afterlife) who reintroduced the world to the Ghostbusters and viceversa and a main chapter (Firehouse) with the real passing of the torch.
deadderek liked this
I think he'll do it only because it's not a full-time commitment anymore. He can just show up for a few days to film his scenes and be done with it.
deadderek liked this
Davideverona wrote: October 11th, 2022, 10:20 pm
deadderek wrote: October 11th, 2022, 10:02 pm We really thinking Bill's coming back for the new one?
Well, every time we say: "naah, he's not going to be in it" he ends up being in the project. ☺

I think the OGB will have a slightly longer part in Firehouse, with Ray and Winston being the Doc Browns to the new team Marty and Peter showing up for the grand reopening and for the final battle.
This way we had two Ghostbusters 3: a prologue (Afterlife) who reintroduced the world to the Ghostbusters and viceversa and a main chapter (Firehouse) with the real passing of the torch.
This is how i think theyre going about things as well.

Jason said he figured out the idea for the sequel midway through editing GBA. (Probably why a lot of the practically the whole janine subplot got cut out, retweaking those scenes/ideas for Firehouse)

I do also think Jason had to have bogged down some type of 2-3 picture deal with the OGs. Theres no way you can bring things back to NY and NOT have the Venkmans, stantz, zeddemore.

Ill be shocked and pretty disappointed if their roles are even smaller. But i doubt it.

I will speculate if we finally get at least a Louis cameo. That would be epic. Or if we see the green spud again.
Alphagaia liked this
I would love there still being a friendly bromance between Slimer and Louis. Lots of potential comedy stemming from them sharing a living room, especially if Slimer is the dominant one.

Friends for (after)life!

Could potentially ruin there isn't a ghost sighting for 30 years though, unless Slimer never leaves the room.
mrmichaelt wrote: October 7th, 2022, 12:50 am
Davideverona wrote:https://instagram.com/stories/ericreich ... JmNzVkMjY=

Eric Reich is in Tribeca, visiting the Firehouse. Are they in the location scouting process?
Maybe. It fits the time frame of production. Or maybe Eric was in NYC because Illfonic held Thursday's media event in New York and he stopped by to H&L on the way to pay respects. When in Rome.
Mckenna Grace and Logan Kim were also at the game event, and they made an appearance at New York Comic Con on Sunday. Could just be for the game release, but location stuff might also be likely.
mrmichaelt liked this
I am so glad we are having these kind of conversations for a new live action film. ;). I would be amazed and delighted if Bill Murray showed up one more time. I was very satisfied with his appearance in Afterlife and there was great closure to his character so if he decided to not be involved I totally understand. I consider it very lucky that we had him even show up for Afterlife.

I can see him possibly suiting up one more time if it is as short as his appearance in Afterlife, or if Jason and Gil have written another really great script the Bill just can’t say no to. After the amazing job that was done in Ghostbusters Afterlife I am ready to expect anything. :):):)
Davideverona, deadderek liked this
All talk about Bill Murray's misconduct/allegations goes here:
viewtopic.php?t=50269

Also as a reminder, please report a post instead of chiming in on the off topic convo.

Anyway, I'm generally of the mind that Peter's 'series arc' is completed. The arc was largely a big focus in GB1 and GB2 and Afterlife was a nice bow on it. Peter grew up a little, settled down with Dana and became a dad, and rejoined the academic community. And if the mid credit tag was any indication, Dana is keeping him honest. lol. I would fine if Peter doesn't show up in this movie. Reitman has said a couple times Afterlife starts off the Spengler Family saga. Phoebe was my favorite new character and looking forward to more of her journey and also looking forward to a Winston in charge Ghostbusters business.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
Thank you so much.

I think the most exciting thing about Firehouse for me is whatever new villain we're in store for. So far over almost 40 years...Gozer, Vigo, Gozer.

I'm looking forward to something completely new.

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]