Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
jimmyjokerz wrote: December 8th, 2022, 3:08 pm

I watched afterlife again last night and found it jarring how the storyline didn’t tackle the OG’s getting back together. They should have out the Winston scene in the movie and we saw them getting in touch, rather than just appearing at the end

Be nice to see a script one of these days
That’s why I’m hoping for that event mentioned in Afterlife. When Venkman says lets go inside and have some coffee. Them all sitting around a table and talking about what happened to the Ghostbusters. They have to address it somehow as it was one of the often mentioned holes in the film.
RichardLess wrote: December 10th, 2022, 2:20 am
mrmichaelt wrote: December 9th, 2022, 5:01 pm Finn Wolfhard confirmed he's read an early draft.
"I've read an early draft. Jason and Gil have been so awesome about talking about it and collaborating, and yeah... They're just kind of hammering away at it, and so I'm excited to do it."
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/finn- ... exclusive/
I’m now picturing Gil & Jason brainlessly hitting a script over & over with an actual hammer. Kind of like the beginning of 2001 when the apes start realizing how to use bones as tools/weapons. One of them has a glazed look in his eyes, mouth open and drooling incessantly. One of the writers whilst continuing to “hammer away” at the script: “Me. Write. Ghostbusters. Good”

I shouldn’t be telling you all this but I have a couple spies over at Ghostcorps. Don’t tell anyone. I’ve secured footage of the actual GB4 script being written by the “real” writers. This was shot sometime last week I think. They’ll go uncredited for their work of course. Some of these writers worked on the last Game of Thrones season so fear not, they are the best of the best.

Many Bothan’s died to bring us this information…

Without further ado I give you the GB4 writers room:

Speaking of hammered. Don’t drink, come home and post on GB fans, it’ll result it beauties like…whatever the hell I wrote up above.

Tho I must say, I did like my “Bothans” reference.

Now excuse me. I must go take some Advil & stop the banging inside my brain.

Richardless out.
timeware wrote: December 10th, 2022, 4:28 pm If you didn't say anything we would have never guessed, you drunk better then you type. Now if you typed out Botox instead of Bothans we would have known something was off.

Opph. That doesn’t speak to well to the quality of my regular posts does it? Lol

Honestly? I’m most proud of myself for getting the YouTube embed thing to work. I can barely do that sober!
timeware liked this
On a gentle reminder, it'd probably be best to keep discussion of the mini-pufts to the Afterlife discussion topics, unless they end up having some sort of cameo in Firehouse.
RichardLess wrote: December 9th, 2022, 4:33 am Personally I don’t want Slimer in the film.
They might go for a relaxed use of Slimer, like around the amount of screen-time he had in Ghostbusters II, but with the next film moving to New York there's no way we wouldn't see him in some capacity. :)
RichardLess wrote: December 10th, 2022, 2:19 pm Now excuse me. I must go take some Advil & stop the banging inside my brain.
That'll be the monkeys with the bones. ;)
Alphagaia liked this
With baby yoda hanging around mando and other tv shows/movies that have “cute” companions hanging around I can see them have a friendly version of slimer as part of the team via RGB. It seems to make more sense given it’s a teen roster. Phoebe be friending slimer just makes sense to me.
Alphagaia wrote: December 11th, 2022, 2:11 pm I can see a world where Slimer and Muncher are buddies. Both like to eat. One clears the fridge, other eats the fridge.
Muncher... Eats the refrigerator... Ghosts inherit the Earth.
deadderek, robbritton liked this
So the confirmed coming back:
-Phoebe
-Podcast
-Trevor
-Callie
-Gary
-Winston

And who is left:
-Lucky (She should return)
-Janine (I think she'd add to the whole Winston company thing)
-Ray (Yes, he knows the tech the best, and someone has to man the phone at Ray's Occult)
-Peter (I'm not sure if he is even needed)
-Egon (A long shot considering the ending to afterlife, but who knows)
-Dana (No Peter, no reason for her to be in it)
-Slimer (I'd like to see him return to some cameo, I'm down with some "slimer")
-Stay Puft reference, Mini Pufts (... YES! maybe the little mini pufts with it.)
-Gozer, Terror Dogs (Please don't. This is so tired.)
-Vigo (No)
-Muncher (no, but if so, I'd welcome it back)

Won't lie, I'm hoping for some new paranormal threats and ghosts.I don't know if any further new "Ghostbusters" would be needed, though a new secretary might be a place for one. I am hoping for new things, and less focus on previous things.
They made a huge marketing push with the Mini-pufts. Chances of their return will be most likely. If we ever get any word on the animated series, I wouldn't be surprised if they take the place of Slimer as friendly pets like Slimer had been made more friendly in RGB.

Netflix has been very silent on releasing any info on their animated series. Any concept art, or screenshots yet?
jonogunn wrote:What’s everyone’s confident level on Gil’s directing abilities? He does have limited resume on that front
I feel pretty confident about Kenan. Patty Jenkins had a limited resume when she directed the 1st Wonder Woman movie (I think she only had done Monster and 7 or 8 TV show episodes). Kenan may have a limited resume but he has Jason, Ghost Corps, and that committee of past GB cast and crew to be their to help guide him vs. being on his own left to his own devices.
deadderek, jonogunn, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
devilmanozzy wrote: December 12th, 2022, 7:28 pm
And who is left:
-Lucky (She should return)
-Janine (I think she'd add to the whole Winston company thing)
-Ray (Yes, he knows the tech the best, and someone has to man the phone at Ray's Occult)
-Peter (I'm not sure if he is even needed)
-Egon (A long shot considering the ending to afterlife, but who knows)
-Dana (No Peter, no reason for her to be in it)
-Slimer (I'd like to see him return to some cameo, I'm down with some "slimer")
-Stay Puft reference, Mini Pufts (... YES! maybe the little mini pufts with it.)
-Gozer, Terror Dogs (Please don't. This is so tired.)
-Vigo (No)
-Muncher (no, but if so, I'd welcome it back)
Hope you don't mind my quoting this, but wanted to tack on my 2 cents ^_^

Lucky I want back and it'd be easy enough for her to show up.
Janine I feel like will definitely be back, maybe helping keep things running smoothly, but not only handling the phones.
Ray will definitely be back. Who else can lore dump like he can?
Peter... maybe as a quickie cameo at most... definitely mentioned though.
Egon is gone. VERY doubtful. I'd prefer they save that budget for the other VFX and a new big bad
Dana I could see being back with or without Peter being on screen. Maybe nothing huge, but helping Callie get over her possession... I can't imagine there being too many other people who have had that kind of experience.
Slimer? Absolutely. GBs are back in New York, Slimer's gonna be there.
Stay Puft... a reference or just shown on actual packaging for Stay Puft Marshmallows. Time to move on from Gozer
Gozer... see above. Time to move on.
Vigo... no. Just no.
Muncher I could see bringing back. I could think of a few ways he gets loose in New York.

I really want a new big bad, something unrelated to GB1 or 2. I DO want to see a couple more references to GB2... have someone accidentally fire off a slime blower or something. I hope we get to see Winston's kids as well as WInston forming a new team outside of the Summerville kids. No idea what I'd do for the big bad... maybe a cult trying to summon something... or, hell, make it a Gozerian cult so long as what they call to this side ISN'T Gozer, Zuul, or Vinz Clortho.
We had 4 movies with an entity wanting to destroy/take over the world. I hope it's something different in scope like a powerful bogeyman escaping the ECU and taking over and the Firehouse undergoing a transmogrification in its twisted image (think Samhain and the Firehouse in Halloween II 1/2) then trapping everyone inside, trying to hunt them one by one and maybe some get locked out and try to figure out a way to breech the P.K.E. barrier without little to no tech.
A few people now have floated the idea of "Firehouse" being quite literally about the firehouse, or at least the majority of the action taking place there. I could definitely see that happening - having a lot of the movie in one location would be one way of bringing the story back to New York while still being budget-friendly, with the added bonus of keeping a lot of the filming secretive (like with Afterlife). I actually enjoyed knowing very little about Afterlife aside from some of the toy leaks and such. Plus, it would almost be like a Poltergeist do-over for Gil.
deadderek liked this
Duuuuude, Firehouse via Home Alone style with the kids setting up ghost busting traps for the spooks? I'd be so down.
mrmichaelt wrote: December 12th, 2022, 10:32 pm
jonogunn wrote:What’s everyone’s confident level on Gil’s directing abilities? He does have limited resume on that front
I feel pretty confident about Kenan. Patty Jenkins had a limited resume when she directed the 1st Wonder Woman movie (I think she only had done Monster and 7 or 8 TV show episodes). Kenan may have a limited resume but he has Jason, Ghost Corps, and that committee of past GB cast and crew to be their to help guide him vs. being on his own left to his own devices.
There’s no way of knowing. No way. First time directors have made wonderful films and directors with dozens of credits have made crap. Harold Ramis made Groundhog Day. He also made Multiplicity and Year One. Francis Ford Coppola made The Godfather 1 & 2, The Conversation and Apocalypse Now. He also made Jack. John Hughes made Planes Trains & Automobiles, Breakfast Club & Ferris Builler’s Day Off. He also made Curly Sue. Christ, look at Ivan Reitman. Ghostbusters 1 & 2, Dave and…Six Days 7 Nights or Junior? Yikes.

If you judge off his filmography the problem is his best movie, by far, is Animated. Comparing animated movies to live action is like comparing Apples & bowling balls. Brad Bird made Tomorrowland. Brad Bird!

Watching his previous movies won’t give you any clues to how the next movie will turn out. I watched his “A Boy Called Christmas” movie and I found it pretty mediocre. But I hope for the best with the Gb movie. Who knows. Like Mrmichaelt said, with all the pros around him, I’m sure it’ll come off competently made in the least.
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
I don't think animation and live action are completely different. Filmmaking in any medium has skills that transfer over to each other in addition to ones exclusive. Not the same, but JMS started out primarily writing for animated shows before making Babylon 5. Or Guillermo Del Toro doing Pinocchio after live action movies. Or Dave Filoni going from Clone Wars and Rebels to The Mandalorian (and to be fair Book of Boba Fett). I'm more worried about potential studio interference than anything else.
Kingpin liked this
Rookie99 wrote: December 13th, 2022, 10:33 pm I don't think animation and live action are completely different. Filmmaking in any medium has skills that transfer over to each other in addition to ones exclusive. Not the same, but JMS started out primarily writing for animated shows before making Babylon 5. Or Guillermo Del Toro doing Pinocchio after live action movies. Or Dave Filoni going from Clone Wars and Rebels to The Mandalorian (and to be fair Book of Boba Fett). I'm more worried about potential studio interference than anything else.

From a directors stand point they are incredibly different, in a production and technical standpoint they are VASTLY different. No one is saying you can’t go from being a great animated director to a great live action director. Not at all. But they are so different from each other one can’t judge whether a directors talent will carry over to live action realm. That’s how different they are.

For example, in animation they rewrite the film constantly, they have control over every single pixel and you aren’t at the mercy of a shoot schedule, there’s no location work. Animation also is much less of a “singular auteur” vision of the film(tho there are exceptions to this). The main credited director usually works with co directors, sequence directors. It’s much more of a team effort. A live action film…you have a shooting script and that is the bible. You shoot that script. The footage you end up with is what you’ve got to work with and that’s it. Maybe you get some reshoots, maybe not. Animation isn’t like that. The script is just a jumping off point. It changes and evolves. It’s more a general guide. For example if you read the scripts to any of the “toy story” movies, the scripts those movies went into production with, they are so different from the finished film. Characters get dropped, villains change, sequences are added and removed or recontextualized.

Chicken, He Clucked wrote: December 14th, 2022, 12:49 am I have absolutely no idea why Year One received the critical reception it did.

I only watched it twice tbf, but it was a solid comedy with a likeable cast.
It was a skit stretched into a feature length movie. I thought it was pretty bad. It needed more of an edge. A hard R Rated version could’ve been great. This could’ve been a Monty Python style movie in better days but instead it feels like an SNL skit. What’s great about comedies like Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles & Monty Python & Holy Grail is that they aren’t shot like comedies. The sets feel like real sets, the costumes feel like drama costumes. But this feels like “oh it’s a comedy so we will light it like a comedy, everyone is speak in modern lingo and we’ll have no verisimilitude whatsoever”.
Not a fan of Michael Cera so I never watched Year One and I'll take your word for it. But live-action and animated projects really are two different things, except people who aren't aware of the differences don't know any better

When you yell cut in an animation studio, they might cut the paper they're drawing on. That's why animated films take so long to produce. I kid, I kid.

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]