Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
timeware wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:39 pmand by Happy Hogan I mean John Favreau.
Why use his Marvel character name when "Jon Favreau" works just fine?
timeware wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:39 pmSomeone definitly screwed the pooch with the Star Wars Hotel between Igor, Chepek (Cheap it) , and Kennedy. That's for damn certain. My 2 cents.
A polite reminder again to try keep the discussion more relevant to Firehouse. Galactic Starcruiser and it's closure has nothing to do with the new movie (or likely Kathleen Kennedy for that matter).
Troy wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:52 pm But seriously, how do we get the garbage that is Inside the Magic out of the GB Fans RSS tracker?
It seems to bring up any article that uses the word "Ghostbusters".
Troy wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:52 pm But seriously, how do we get the garbage that is Inside the Magic out of the GB Fans RSS tracker?
I second this. Got my hopes up for all of 5 seconds.
Kingpin wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:25 pm
timeware wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:40 pmIt was reported the Flash would have a $140 million opening. that expectation was cut in half to a $70 million dollar opening. Indy 5 has also been reported to have it's own problems due in large part to Kathleen Kennedy. I think Blue Beetle could be DC's last hope until their cinemaitic reboot takes place. The term big movies might end up being over hyped.
I'm not getting the relevance of either The Flash's projected box office taking being halved, that there might be some behind-the-scenes problems with Dial of Destiny, or that Blue Beetle might be DC's "last hope", two of those movies are being released this summer, and a third in the early autumn, while "Firehouse" is intended to be due out in the winter... So there's no competition or issue with them and our new flick.

And to expand on Richard's post, are those reports about Kennedy actually from impartial and verified sources, or from commentators on sites like YouTube who could plausibly have an axe to grind?
I'm not a Kathleen Kennedy fanboy, but like Richard said, some folks seem a bit too quick to apportion blame to her as a convenient boogieman.
Bison256 wrote: May 28th, 2023, 2:32 pm I don't think Callie knew a lot, nor do I think the guys knew her well as a child. I was thinking along the lines of that Peter and Ray knew of her because they had meet her and her mother at some point before the first flim. You know a simple hi, nice to meet you, cute kid you got there, etc. When I said I think Callie and Peter would get along I mean in this film with her as an adult.
I don't believe Callie had ever met the guys, or they her, prior to events of Gozer's return in Summerville.
Peter, as previously noted, seemed to be meeting Callie for the first time, as opposed to encountering someone he'd met many years ago... And Ray himself appeared surprised/thoughtful to learn that Egon had a granddaughter. Meanwhile, Janine approached her interactions with Callie as a hesitant executor of Egon's "estate", rather than someone who maybe met Callie when she was younger... It was largely business-first.
Given the type of person Egon was, I think the revelation that he had a daughter would've been something that Peter, Ray and Winston wouldn't have easily forgotten if they'd known about it when Callie was a child, which makes me feel that that was a part of his life he kept separate from the other Ghostbusters.

I also believe that what knowledge Callie did have about the Ghostbusters, was either from speaking to Janine when she visited Summerville, and/or from the stories about the Ghostbusters that circulated around the country over the years... The ones that Trevor alluded to.
Would you remember your buddies two year old daughter you saw once nearly 40 years earlier? It'll be interesting to see what Gil and Jason do.
Bison256 wrote: May 28th, 2023, 7:03 pm Would you remember your buddies two year old daughter you saw once nearly 40 years earlier? It'll be interesting to see what Gil and Jason do.
If my buddy was someone like Egon, who didn't show any romantic inclination... Or what we'd describe as standard romantic inclination, I believe it'd be something that I wouldn't easily forget.
Idk, based on Peter and Ray's interaction with Callie and/or Phoebe, it didn't sound like they had any clue about their existence at all. Janine seems to have kept that to herself when she found out first, likely when she was managing Egon's affairs after his death or maybe he confided it to her the last time she visited him in Summerville. I would bet that maybe there was a chance Peter and Ray met Callie's mom in passing but never Callie. We know Egon got a Nuclear Engineering degree in June 1980 from MIT, Callie was conceived in 1982, and Egon was a professor at Columbia in fall 1984. Perhaps this woman was a visiting professor from Chicago who taught a psychology course for a semester in 1982, had a fling with Egon one night, went back to Chicago pregnant, decided not to involve Egon but still told him, he kept tabs at a distance.

It will be interesting to see what kind of barbs Callie will trade with the OGBs now that she's past the rock bottom phase of her life that she seemed to be in in Afterlife.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 28th, 2023, 9:46 pm Idk, based on Peter and Ray's interaction with Callie and/or Phoebe, it didn't sound like they had any clue about their existence at all. Janine seems to have kept that to herself when she found out first, likely when she was managing Egon's affairs after his death or maybe he confided it to her the last time she visited him in Summerville. I would bet that maybe there was a chance Peter and Ray met Callie's mom in passing but never Callie. We know Egon got a Nuclear Engineering degree in June 1980 from MIT, Callie was conceived in 1982, and Egon was a professor at Columbia in fall 1984. Perhaps this woman was a visiting professor from Chicago who taught a psychology course for a semester in 1982, had a fling with Egon one night, went back to Chicago pregnant, decided not to involve Egon but still told him, he kept tabs at a distance.

It will be interesting to see what kind of barbs Callie will trade with the OGBs now that she's past the rock bottom phase of her life that she seemed to be in in Afterlife.
This is a really plausible explanation for Callie's past and why she never would have met him, while he was still receiving pictures, etc. It could have been a fling, or perhaps some kind of agreement; his notes on the picture board kind of make her sound like an experiment that turned unexpectedly sentimental.

I wonder if Callie's negative attitude toward her father was even based on anything her mother said; maybe her mother didn't have a problem with the situation, but Callie grew resentful based on her own conclusions and resenting his absence in her life.
Anyhow, I'm also looking forward to what will be done with her character in the next movie.
Kingpin wrote: May 28th, 2023, 7:20 pm
Bison256 wrote: May 28th, 2023, 7:03 pm Would you remember your buddies two year old daughter you saw once nearly 40 years earlier? It'll be interesting to see what Gil and Jason do.
If my buddy was someone like Egon, who didn't show any romantic inclination... Or what we'd describe as standard romantic inclination, I believe it'd be something that I wouldn't easily forget.
Egon wasn't completely above it all, sure in the first movie he was a "New Wave Spock" as Harold put it. But in two there's the whole "epididymis" line.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 28th, 2023, 9:46 pm Idk, based on Peter and Ray's interaction with Callie and/or Phoebe, it didn't sound like they had any clue about their existence at all. Janine seems to have kept that to herself when she found out first, likely when she was managing Egon's affairs after his death or maybe he confided it to her the last time she visited him in Summerville. I would bet that maybe there was a chance Peter and Ray met Callie's mom in passing but never Callie. We know Egon got a Nuclear Engineering degree in June 1980 from MIT, Callie was conceived in 1982, and Egon was a professor at Columbia in fall 1984. Perhaps this woman was a visiting professor from Chicago who taught a psychology course for a semester in 1982, had a fling with Egon one night, went back to Chicago pregnant, decided not to involve Egon but still told him, he kept tabs at a distance.

Considering how much nonsense text there is on them, I wouldn't take the dates on the diplomas as gospel . Ultimately there isn't that much distance between our ideas. Either way the Ray and Peter knew very little, or nothing about Callie and her mother.
Davideverona wrote: May 29th, 2023, 1:24 pmhttps://www.instagram.com/p/CswOrDHMNLn ... I4NDBkZg==

Another Aykroyd sighting!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs0tT73IPpr ... I4NDBkZg==

And a Murray one too!

EDIT: I fixed the Aykroyd's link.
I wonder if they keep Ernie locked up somewhere.
That's 'cause Ernie is actually in the movie and those two are just doing Cameos again.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: May 30th, 2023, 12:36 pm Low key upsetting that Aykroyd and Murray are popping up around the UK and yet I cannot bend time and space to ensure I coincidentally bump into them.
Well, Uncle Dan will host a Vodka signing in London this weekend. You can bump into him intentionally.

Although I suggest not to *bump*into him but to approach him kindly. He's really tall and really robust, if you bump into him he'll surely bump you back without spilling a single drop of sweat.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: May 30th, 2023, 3:39 pm I couldn’t justify the trip unless I was guaranteed to meet him and the commute + queues + crowds make that very unlikely sadly.
I've been to a couple of his signings now: once just as an observer (At Selfridges), and once buying a bottle (The Whiskey Exchange). While there was a bit of a wait, as there was a fair turnout on both occasions (maybe 30-40 people at most? And most were definitely Ghostbusters fans), it wasn't a massively long wait... Maybe 30 minutes or so... But that passed a lot quicker thanks to chatting to our fellow fans while I waited.
On the instance where I got to meet Dan, I was able to chat to him for a bit as he signed the bottle I'd bought and my DVD of Ghostbusters (It's definitely recommended you set some money aside to buy some of his vodka if you wish to get a non-Crystal Head item signed), once he'd signed the items, he posed for photos with each customer who'd come up to him.

I can't say what the more recent events were like, but it was the case in the past that if you turned up a little before-hand, you'd be pretty safe in getting to meet him. I don't recall anyone leaving having not had the chance to meet Dan.
deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: May 30th, 2023, 4:51 pm
timeware wrote: May 30th, 2023, 3:58 pm I think it would have been reported but has there been any filming near the tower of London?
Haven't heard anything about that. Why?
The Tower of London would be ideal for a location if they aren't just using England as a stand in for New York. Got to visit years ago. Figured it would get top billing. Plenty of paranormal going on's there.
Be that as it may... Unless we see something substantial in any of the future filming/the teaser trailer/the main trailer suggesting it, it seems safe to say our early speculation that some of the film would be set in London has been disproven. So I wouldn't be expecting to hear about or see any filming at the Tower, even if it would be a very appropriate paranormal setting (amongst others).

To paraphrase a classic announcement:

"Tonight the role of "New York" will be played by Londinium Trinovantum".
zeta otaku, deadderek, SpaceBallz and 2 others liked this
Davideverona wrote: May 30th, 2023, 12:44 pm He's really tall and really robust, if you bump into him he'll surely bump you back without spilling a single drop of sweat.
Can confirm. I encountered Dan on a Portland sidewalk as I left a geek-themed burlesque event (he had just left a Crystal Head signing elsewhere). I happened to be wearing a light blue shirt with a Ghostbusters logo when I ran into him [head smack].

Dude is tall, moves quickly, and SUPER nice. His verbal cadence was very much like Ray or Friday from Dragnet. And though Dan could bump back easy enough, it was his entourage that hustled him out of there 😂
One time liked this
Kingpin wrote: May 30th, 2023, 6:54 pm Be that as it may... Unless we see something substantial in any of the future filming/the teaser trailer/the main trailer suggesting it, it seems safe to say our early speculation that some of the film would be set in London has been disproven. So I wouldn't be expecting to hear about or see any filming at the Tower, even if it would be a very appropriate paranormal setting (amongst others).

To paraphrase a classic announcement:

"Tonight the role of "New York" will be played by Londinium Trinovantum".
Damn. I really wanted to see the GB's trap King Henry...Well, if they could get him to fit. Too soon?
timeware wrote:True. They could always adopt a Hard Knight Day but Sir Bruce would get to many Vigo comparisons, and people would be screaming night of the meuseum rip off with the exhibits coming to life. Sam Hain was brought over from Ireland so its a possible story line.
There was also some of that "Night at the Museum" stuff in the novel, Ghostbusters: The Return. I don't remember much else about it, except the scenes with those spectral sewer alligators which I always thought would be cool in a live-action GB film...
Davideverona wrote: May 31st, 2023, 11:45 am Judging from the Instagram stories / posts of all the artists involved in the movie I think it's a safe bet to say that Celeste isn't involved in the new movie.

Looks like she's busy with other projects.
Maybe she has just a cameo? Of all the characters from Afterlife that could be cut, Lucky wouldn't likely be missed much.
deadderek wrote: May 31st, 2023, 5:00 pm Lucky wouldn't likely be missed much.
Could you maybe give us a bit of a break from your taking potshots at Lucky, Derek... For the sake of variety?

The absence of material on social media isn't watertight proof Celeste isn't involved with "Firehouse"... There was that Instagram story post she made in March where she indicated she was in the UK.
And while a few posts have been made by Finn, McKenna and Logan which were Ghostbusters-related, either for the new film, the VR experience, or a convention appearance, they've also been quite limited in their own posts about the new film.

We'll hopefully have a better idea by next weekend.
Alphagaia liked this
Davideverona wrote: May 31st, 2023, 11:45 am Judging from the Instagram stories / posts of all the artists involved in the movie I think it's a safe bet to say that Celeste isn't involved in the new movie.
By that notion, a lot of the cast aren't involved in the movie either. I get it's a slow week and we're getting antsy but Ghostbusters Day is almost a week away. We're close to getting new stuff to chew on and discuss, just hold on a little longer.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
Kingpin wrote: May 31st, 2023, 5:23 pm
deadderek wrote: May 31st, 2023, 5:00 pm Lucky wouldn't likely be missed much.
Could you maybe give us a bit of a break from your taking potshots at Lucky, Derek... For the sake of variety?

The absence of material on social media isn't watertight proof Celeste isn't involved with "Firehouse"... There was that Instagram story post she made in March where she indicated she was in the UK.
And while a few posts have been made by Finn, McKenna and Logan which were Ghostbusters-related, either for the new film, the VR experience, or a convention appearance, they've also been quite limited in their own posts about the new film.

We'll hopefully have a better idea by next weekend.
Someone brought up they don't think she'll be in it, and I said she (as a character) wouldn't be missed. I don't dislike the character of Lucky, just being realistic. If she's cut or reduced to a cameo, it would make sense as she was given very little to do in the last movie.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]