Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Bison256 wrote: June 8th, 2023, 2:51 pm Did they stack the first and second floor set after?
They haven't, based on this photo:

It may be there's some scaffolding assembled above the apparatus bay set to allow people to slid down the firepoles, and to maybe peer through the first floor window... But for the most part it's a single-storey interior set with a two-storey facade attached to it.

Observations from McKenna's video: it looks like there's visible, incongrous repair work to the floor and ceiling of the apparatus bay post-Containment Unit explosion. :)
groschopf, RedSpecial liked this
BatDan wrote: June 8th, 2023, 3:18 pm Im amazed on how giant that set is.

Firehouse interior AND exterior AND at least 2 blocks of Moore Street
2 blocks? I saw the FIREHOUSE and some green screens...
Hairy Biker wrote: June 8th, 2023, 4:16 pm
Curious:
Is anyone getting icicle vibes? Like its been hit be a freeze ray?
Definitely getting an icicle vibe... though what that means exactly, I don't know.

Ghosts have been on ice in the containment unit?
Their new enemy freezes things as it's primary offensive maneuver?|
Arnold Schwarzenegger is going to be dropping bad puns like "cool it" as he reprises his role as Mister Freeze?
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2023, 5:27 am See. Bingo. There’s the problem. You are talking about “success”. I’m talking about potential. I mean, what is success? Profit? A good movie? A good movie and profit? When you break down everything that I’m saying what I’m saying is that GBA did not live up to it’s potential and it seems you agree based on what you said regarding the OGB’s and a 3 in the title making a difference with attention.

As for GB4. Time will tell.
Ya I do agree having the OGB in it more would have made the movie even better...but as it is I still think it’s a good movie. From what you’ve said you don’t.

Sure I would have used the number 3. It would have been cool to see and it would have created more attention because of how much it was talked about over the years and for anyone who didn’t know it was a sequel.

To me success is introducing new likable characters to carry on and being a good movie that also did well to have them continue. It did these things.

You seem to base it on how much money it made and how much buzz it created online or in the public eye. People liking it and wanting another doesn’t seem to count as much to you.

I’ve mentioned in another topic here that I love Sonic the Hedgehog. I want to emphasize that. I see the new Super Mario movie has passed the $1 billion mark. (I like Mario too by the way but haven’t seen it yet). The Sonic movies did not. I’m not bothered by this because they were still clearly successful. People liked them, there’s gonna be part 3 and a Knuckles TV show for Paramount +.

I’ll even admit that Mario is probably more popular than Sonic overall. It’s fine. They’re both super popular franchises.

Sorry for getting off topic.
"What should we give the fans?"
"A teaser poster?"
"Just another logo?"
"Throw some ice on it or some shit. We can figure out why later."
"Sounds good."

😆
groschopf, SpaceBallz liked this
Davideverona wrote: June 8th, 2023, 4:43 pm
deadderek wrote: June 8th, 2023, 4:40 pm "What should we give the fans?"
"A teaser poster?"
"Just another logo?"
"Throw some ice on it or some shit. We can figure out why later."
"Sounds good."

😆
We're lucky they chose the ice.
"I've seen shit that'll turn ya white!"
Davideverona, deadderek liked this
ZedR wrote: June 8th, 2023, 4:42 pm Maybe they’re gonna kill Christmas again…with the ghost of Christmas PAST (Please no)🤮
Scrooged 2: Electric BOOgaloo
Lowkey but lot of great shots of the Firehouse set and a logo. Got the name of the artist for the comic. A Spirits Unleashed reveal. Not too shabby.

mardin_chatzuk wrote: June 8th, 2023, 7:34 am Y'all are welcome for those :cool:
Thank you for taking time to snap all those photos! Do you plan on being at the Lower Manhattan filming this weekend?
deadderek liked this
deadderek wrote:Image
Cool logo (no pun intended). I'm kinda getting Jack Nicholson frozen at the end of The Shining vibes...

SpaceBallz wrote:A ghost from the past confirmed:

Venkman: "We came, we saw, we kicked his ice !"
mrmichaelt wrote: June 8th, 2023, 5:08 pm
mardin_chatzuk wrote: June 8th, 2023, 7:34 am Y'all are welcome for those :cool:
Thank you for taking time to snap all those photos! Do you plan on being at the Lower Manhattan filming this weekend?
I'd like to. Gonna be pretty busy with GB Day festivities on Saturday, but I'll try to check it out Sunday.
mrmichaelt liked this
mardin_chatzuk wrote: June 8th, 2023, 5:34 pm I'd like to. Gonna be pretty busy with GB Day festivities on Saturday, but I'll try to check it out Sunday.
No worries. Whatever you can get on any day is appreciated!

EDIT: Been thinking about this 'cgi dragon' stuff and looking at the scenes being filming. I'm thinking this is the 'Muncher chase' of this movie. Perhaps, it manifests at Coney Island beach. Think an homage to Jaws and/or Tremors with it maybe moving from the ocean to 'tunneling' under the sand then erupting upwards, knocking beach goers off their feet, then flying off into the city and then the UK stuff at Canary Wharf knocking people off their feet with its gusts then enter the Ghostbusters chasing after it through Lower Manhattan - the Fifth Avenue, City Hall Park, Church Street, the upcoming weekend filming - and then whatever they have planned to film second until until the 21st, culminating in them trapping the entity but perhaps wondering what its goal was/where it came from/etc. speculation.
robbritton liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]