Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Hopefully a bigger budget.....and set in New York. The possibilities are endless! Hey Dean Yeager!
Kingpin, Sav C liked this
Hopefully this one doesn't take 30 plus years. I'm beyond excited right now.
Davideverona wrote: April 25th, 2022, 10:57 pm I didn't even knew there was a Cinema Con going on and now I'm waking up to this amazing news out of the blue.... Just like it happened with Afterlife!
Last time we got the news followed by that teaser. I doubt we'll be that lucky again. I think that was more of a "no seriously guys this time we're for real" kinda thing.
Kingpin liked this
deadderek wrote: April 25th, 2022, 11:05 pm
Davideverona wrote: April 25th, 2022, 10:57 pm I didn't even knew there was a Cinema Con going on and now I'm waking up to this amazing news out of the blue.... Just like it happened with Afterlife!
Last time we got the news followed by that teaser. I doubt we'll be that lucky again. I think that was more of a "no seriously guys this time we're for real" kinda thing.
That's true, but I was speaking about the surprise itself. ☺ The day before we knew nothing, the day after a Ghostbusters movie was revealed. Surely, Afterlife had to deal with the burden of a 30 years of waiting while at this point we were expecting a Gb4 announcement since the moment we saw Ecto 1 going back to New York on the Ghostbusters theme.
My timing is wonderful. I was just about to mention that I had heard Jason Reitman is not directing the next movie but is executive producing and heavily involved and then Sony officially announces the next movie.

I was told 3 names that Sony wants. One is James Bobin another is Jake Kasdan and the other, which is hilarious because I mentioned this the other week, Shawn Levy.

Take this with a huge pinch of salt. Tho the fact that I was told this the very day Sony announces a new film? I dunno. Right now they are developing it within canon. So it’s an actual sequel.

Of course this all could be legit and things change. If the trades pick this up then I’m guessing the info is good. But you just never know in this industry. 3 weeks ago Will Smith could’ve had any film greenlit with just his name attached. Now he’s persona non grata.

Exciting times.
robbritton, Sav C liked this
My guesses:

- Ghostbusters Afterlife reintroduce the franchise to the audience both old and new

- Ghostbusters 4: the home office reopen in New York and has to deal with a 30 years of absence in the hearts and minds of the people.

- Ghostbusters 5 and 6: the franchise branch out and there is an evil being who threatens the entire world.
Something completely fresh and no more rehashing stuff is a must. Enter the ghost dimension please!

As a doctor strange fan I’ve been waiting for them to have strange enter the ghouls and demons underworld where they have like underworld markets and stuff. I would love to see that in ghostbusters. Or hell take a page from RGB and enter the containment unit
Boy, if you told me 5 years ago that GB3 would no longer be the pipedream myth and ill be officially awaiting GB4 a few months after its theatrical run i would have you committed..im excited.

However, i feel attached to having Jason return as it only feels right going forward.

I agree, no more “remember first movie??” Member berries. Fresh new villains and paranormal threat.

The only “nostalgia” id like to see is hopefully some more Winston, Ray, Ecto, Firehouse, and hopefully Slimer and Louis.
BatDan wrote:Boy, if you told me 5 years ago that GB3 would no longer be the pipedream myth and ill be officially awaiting GB4 a few months after its theatrical run i would have you committed..im excited.

However, i feel attached to having Jason return as it only feels right going forward.

I agree, no more “remember first movie??” Member berries. Fresh new villains and paranormal threat.

The only “nostalgia” id like to see is hopefully some more Winston, Ray, Ecto, Firehouse, and hopefully Slimer and Louis.
Agreed. I don't have a problem if there is a passing reference to the old films here or there, such as a jar of mood slime on a shelf somewhere, but in terms of story, I want something entirely new.
I'd like to see something that Jason left out of the movie: the actual suiting up of the guys. They can even declare that it is their final outing as active Ghostbusters.

Supernatural storm happens, they're all holed up in the Firehouse. The Afterlife team needs some extra hands to get the job done.

Ray look at Winston: "One last time?"
Winston: "*sigh*One last time..."

They both look at Peter.

Peter: "Oh, f***. f*** f*** f**** f***!!!"

Ray and Winston look at the kids.

Peter: "oh come on, they're not kids anymore!! Let's do this thing"

They reach for they jumpsuits and starts suiting up and then they walk outside the Firehouse with they packs on.
BatDan, Sav C liked this
Davideverona wrote: April 26th, 2022, 10:09 am I'd like to see something that Jason left out of the movie: the actual suiting up of the guys. They can even declare that it is their final outing as active Ghostbusters.

Supernatural storm happens, they're all holed up in the Firehouse. The Afterlife team needs some extra hands to get the job done.

Ray look at Winston: "One last time?"
Winston: "*sigh*One last time..."

They both look at Peter.

Peter: "Oh, f***. f*** f*** f**** f***!!!"

Ray and Winston look at the kids.

Peter: "oh come on, they're not kids anymore!! Let's do this thing"

They reach for they jumpsuits and starts suiting up and then they walk outside the Firehouse with they packs on.
As much as i loved Afterlife. Yeah, it was missing that. Hopefully we can get some of the stuff we missed last go round.
Just waking up, I checked the main page to see the news were getting a sequel. If there was any doubt it would happen. If you include the video game as a film this will be fifth movie. We only need four more for the guy who wrote that line in the Godzilla cartoon : "What did I miss?" who's answered with "Ghostbusters 3-9." to become the next Nostradamus.

Again all I could ask for is the next film just be a fun sequel and not dive to much in the political well.
Davideverona wrote: April 26th, 2022, 10:36 am Would you like for this to be a super secret production with little surprises here and there (like Afterlife) or do you prefer a more usual "lets see some stuff from the set" approach?
I really hope for a secretive shooting, though if it's being filmed in New York, that's gonna be WAY more difficult (well, exterior shots anyway).

I kinda want to see more refined evolutions of the classic tech. I'll explain: keep the same look and feel, just less tape and exposed wiring popping out of the loom. It made sense in Afterlife for Egon's pack, but if they're going back into business, they can afford to be a bit neater with the modifications is all I'm saying XD

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]