For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
timeware wrote: April 18th, 2023, 11:08 am Anyone thinking Scoleri brothers?
I wouldn't expect to see them... Given the reported difficulty some of the toy companies have had with getting the rights to depict the ghosts from Ghostbusters II, I don't imagine a studio on Illfonic's scale would necessarily have greater success.
Here's the breakdown so far:
-DLC #2 will release on April 20, 2023 at 11 am PDT

-New map: S.C.Y. County Courthouse
-- Strange activity is reported at the courthouse, which has made it challenging to conduct legal proceedings. Decades of dark practices and paranormal contact have made the courthouse a hotbed for ghost activity. Halls, offices, and courtrooms all connect to form a uniquely entwined gameplay space.

-3 new ghosts
--Type is Possessor
-- Terror Sentinel, Hellion, and Scuttle
--They will have the Ultimate Possession ability and can possess civilians and Ghostbusters.

-New non-playable ghost called Drudge. Ghosts will now be assisted by a new AI non-playable entity called the Drudges. They come from the depths of the Ghost Realm, will help to haunt the building, and scare any nearby humans, and are spawnable when a Ghost accesses a Rift.

-A new minion ability: a Ghost can set a trap by planting a minion on the ground or inside an object and when its stasis field is tripped, it latch onto its unsuspecting victim.

-Extreme Ghostbusters cosmetics and gear shells.
--The new gear like in the first DLC will be unlocked through side hustle and research contracts.
--New footwear, skirts, kilt bottoms, and several makeup styles to choose from.
--Shirt logos can now be used on appropriate tops.

-There will also be a gear upgrade menu overhaul, AI bot improvements, various balance adjustments, and quality-of-life fixes included.

https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/04/18 ... -and-more/

https://thathashtagshow.com/2023/04/18/ ... -free-dlc/

But no doubt, it will discussed in tomorrow's livestream on twitch and flesh out more details and probably demo a couple things with Jordan and Albert.

EDIT: Been looking at NY courthouses to see if Illfonic took any as loose inspiration. So far Madison County Courthouse in Wampsville (middle of NY) looks like a possibility. Has a Lady Justice situated in a similar way was S.C.Y. County's.
https://eaglenewsonline.com/new/2019/05 ... -revealed/

But the county seal matches up to the Schenectady County seal.
Christof, Kingpin, Arch27 and 1 others liked this
I wonder if the next DLC will be 2016 gear shells and cosmetics. One of the dev did say in a interview that his daughter preferred that movie because she saw it first. I can't think of what else there is left unless they go into stuff like the 2009 game or idw comics.
Last edited by Bison256 on April 19th, 2023, 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kingpin liked this
There are 2 DLCs left after Thursday. My guess? ATC and Afterlife/Firehouse shells in that order. As much as I'd love 2009 or IDW shells, I don't think we'll be seeing those.

Anyway, first thing I'm asking is if the PS5 remote trap issue is fixed (not the RTV, that's a separate thing). if they fix the Epic issue where accounts don't link right off the bat, I can finally slip back into obscurity in the official discord... it's weird so many people know my handle just from helping out with that issue and annoying the devs EVERY PATCH about the damn remote trap XD
Kingpin liked this
Aaaaand they gave Greg permission to share our reaction video!
Last edited by Kingpin on April 19th, 2023, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
mrmichaelt liked this
Where's the freakin Slime Tank?!?

JK - this stuff looks awesome!

I don't think there's any way they could really include 2009 or IDW. (And I might be IDW Run's biggest fanboy here)

You'd need alt fire for like Boson, Stasis Stream, Slime, & Meson (Unless the Rookie pack became available only if you reached Lvl 100 or something insane - there'd need to be a ghost balance for it) & a skin for the Rookie.

Ghostwise - Pappy Sargasi and Spiderwitch.

For IDW /RGB - Proton Grenades, Winston's Proton Pistol, Janine's Proton Arm Blasters, Skins for Mel Ortiz, Ron Alexander, & Kevin Tanaka. Ghost wise, Tiamat, Illdunas, & the bad guy from International.

I think the possessor dog could lead to super villian ghosts like Gozer, Vigo, Ivo Shandor Architect, Sam Hain, Boogie Man, Sandman, Heavy Metal Dragon, Chtulu, Grundel, Gu Mo, Lotan, Tempest, Killerwat, Scolari Bros etc.

Likeness rights notwithstanding, it might be a neat way to incorporate them and somehow attempt the request for "boss battles"

So far, I love the game; keep my Rookie name tag & classic shell, but RGB trap. Looks like I'll be adding XGB PKE to my regular shells too!
Christof liked this
I think, of the two, we'd have a better chance at seeing IDW stuff over TVG gear, but who knows. When the game launched, who knew we'd get any kind of shells?! As for character skins... I mean... just make them? Granted, we'd need the cosmetic items for them to REALLY make them work. Really awesome they added the EGB crew's hair... though I wonder if Egon's hair with a rat tail is also included XD
The 2009 game and SU work differently. In 2009 ghosts have a "health bar" and can't be captured until it's low. Traps in 2009 don't have "suction" like they do in SU and the rest of the franchise as a whole. In SU ghosts have a stamina meter instead of health and traps can catch ghosts without them being weakened first. If by some miracle they added a fully upgraded 2009 pack, it would just be a shell. None of the alternate fire modes would function. But I would definitely rock a 2009 pack and pke meter if they were in SU.
Last edited by Bison256 on April 19th, 2023, 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kingpin wrote: April 19th, 2023, 11:09 am The gear from Answer the Call does make the most sense as one of the next rounds of equipment shells... Would love to have the 2016 Pack and thrower in my arsenal. :)
If that equipment drops, I 100% plan to run with those shells just to piss off the VEHIMENTLY angsty players XD ON MAN! The flight suit too. No way are they leaving that out....
Kingpin liked this
zeta otaku wrote: April 19th, 2023, 1:31 pm
Kingpin wrote: April 19th, 2023, 11:09 am The gear from Answer the Call does make the most sense as one of the next rounds of equipment shells... Would love to have the 2016 Pack and thrower in my arsenal. :)
If that equipment drops, I 100% plan to run with those shells just to piss off the VEHIMENTLY angsty players XD ON MAN! The flight suit too. No way are they leaving that out....
Eh, I hate that movie. But I enjoy seeing a variety of equipment in game. Cosmetics can always be used for different things. For instance, I'm going to use Kylie's hair to make my male character look like a member of a hair metal band.
zeta otaku liked this
I'd love to see an ATC Ghost Chipper. I'm sure they could have a lot of fun with the game mechanics of that, especially if chipping a ghost causes slime to shoot out the back and potentially land on a teammate :lol: Realistically the Pack, Trap, and PKE behave the same way they do in the classic films, but the ghost chipper is pretty unique. I feel like the grenades, pistols, and the glove would be pretty easy to add too.
Details from the twitch livestream today
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1798169845

-7:12: Courthouse was their way to being in something iconic, recreate the feel of the GB2 one.

-8:55: Drudge - they wanted to do them from the start but didn't have time to get to it, balance out and help ghosts deal with aggressive players/GBs, start with 3 on any map, not too powerful, an exposed rift with will start a Drudge timer above it and will spawn 1 at a time. Idea is for players to have to come up with a new strategy against rifts.

-14:00 Trap Minion: Go to ghost abilities screen for any ghost and can switch between the regular/swarm or trap minions. Can blast the trap minions at any time. Player can shake them off or other player help get it off. Basically to help ghost buy time.

-16:42 Gear customization screen UI is now more understandable. Percentage change for equipping something is shown. An ability section will appear like for Speed Boost or Ghost zapper.

Visual Customization now has two tabs - Gear Shell and Gear Tint. Chrome tint is unlocked with a research contract. Gold tint is unlocked with Tenure Level 3. Some tints unlocked by gear level ups.

23:50 Character customization.
-Facial features section has Makeup. Start with 8 patterns. A new row unlocks with a research contract.
-Hairstyles: EGB hairstyles and other new ones.
-Chin: Goaties.
-Clothing: EGB, Full Outfit - has an Ecto Hazard Suit unlocked with Tenure Level 3 and Sewer Explorer Suit unlocked with Slime Explorer research contract, Headwear - Hard Headed helmet also Slime Explorer research contract, Tops- logos can be added to T-shirts and are unlocked like the patches, flightsuits can be modded with patterns now, Accessories - Footwear you can now toggle between tuck and untucked and there are new boots, and new Eyewear like a wraparound.

31:25 Necrobash skins for the Basher ghosts - Twitch drops on April 26.

32:52 they show off the courthouse map. The Drudge UI is in upper right, max of 8 can manifest, player can pop them by blasting them or tethering them. Can also trap them for a lot of XP. AI Ghostbusters will be more aggressive/helpful, they balanced tether juggling, can use an open Trap to pop minions

45 Go over stats of the Possessors
-Terror Sentinel's Trap Claws unique ability. Can place up to 3 on a map. Can move them.
-Hellion's Charging Chaos is basically turning ghost into a missile/bulldozer. Don't need a direct hit to cause knockback.
-Scuttle's Malevolent Vortex locks onto civilians and Ghostbusters. Will knock back. Can destroy it by blasting it.
-Terrorising Possession is an amped up version of possession, full control over civilians - can make them sabotage packs and traps (battery drain), can sprint and cause knockback.

53:30: back to map to demo stuff Terror Sentinel then Scuttle
-For Trap Claw, player can see faint yellow sparks floating above the spot. Can use P.K.E. Meter or thrower to destroy them
-For Terrorising Possession, best to possess people with full energy bar
-Buster deals with a mini-game to fight possession meter, for ghost - act fast as you get forced out fairly quick, player can like use stun blast to force out
-courthouse map has some new music
-have to help civilians with trap minions, they can't get it off themselves
-more info in patch notes (yeah, there's more info left to be revealed)
I would love to throw the reflective stripes from their uniforms onto my OG flight suit in game!
Holtzman hair, Patty & Holtzy necklaces, & Holtzman glasses would be a must!

& the heart/radioactive stickers!

Ghost chipper or Proton Glove.

And ghostwise, obviously the Heavy Metal Dragon, & the mannequins!

That would be fun additions. But I a more than happy with the latest round of current DLC!
Rookie99 liked this
joezlo wrote: April 20th, 2023, 10:34 am And ghostwise, obviously the Heavy Metal Dragon, & the mannequins!
Should Illfonic decide to design a map around a dead mall or a department store, then having possessable store mannequins is an absolute-must as they're always good for the creepy factor.
One of the best bits from the 2016 film was Patty's response to the room full of mannequins in the theater:
Arch27, Rookie99, joezlo liked this
Just played the courtroom map as a buster and a ghost for about 20 minutes each, and really digging what's on offer... Some nice wide-open spaces, for big buster/ghost showdowns, and the networks of rooms and offices offer some good 1-on-1 opportunities in contrast.
prodestrian, mrmichaelt liked this
joezlo wrote: April 21st, 2023, 10:21 am Brilliant!

That line was the only one that added cosmetic flight-suit-flourishes right?

The rest were all just solid color variations, because diving into toy lines for costumes and ghosts provides an endless well of entertainment.
Refreshing my memory from the wiki, power pack and Slimed Heroes are repaints of the original figures. The other lines like Ecto-Glow Hero, Super Fright Feature, Screaming Hero Fright Feature have different clothes which would be awesome if they ever get added.

https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Ke ... s_Toy_Line
mrmichaelt liked this
There's a giveaway for two free game keys. Ends April 24 at 12 pm EDT. Follow @GhostbustersSU and retweet the following tweet: https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 0328820736

And the Necrobash skins ends May 10 at 11:59 pm Pacific.
https://us20.campaign-archive.com/?u=f6 ... ee890c963f

There will be Xbox Free Play Days from April 20 12:01 am PT to April 23 11:59 pm PT.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/04/20/ ... roguebook/

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]