For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
One time wrote: November 19th, 2022, 5:16 pm Can people post some first timer tips? Just started this game yesterday and trying to get into it. Any tips for first time players?
•Pay attention to which direction the green lights on the P.K.E. Meter screen go if you're getting a signal. A downward curve is the ghost (or a haunted object), the upward curve is one of the cursed artifacts containing a rift.

•If you can destroy the rifts early, you can cut off the ghost's ability to respawn.

•Calm the civilians down, each civilian scared out of the location increases the level's haunt build.

•Don't leave your Trap beside a rift if it's about to detonate, if it does, the blast of energy will destroy your trap, forcing you to have to get a replacement from the equipment cart.
One time liked this
One time wrote: November 19th, 2022, 5:16 pm Can people post some first timer tips? Just started this game yesterday and trying to get into it. Any tips for first time players? It’s a bit overwhelming what you have to do.

It’s super fun although kind of confusing, or I’m not super bright.
Not each upgrade is better than the last. It's not a linear system, so test everything out in the alley to see if it works for you... and even then, it may not suit you well in the field.

Adjust your control sensitivity so you can move the camera/aim a bit faster, but only push it to where you're comfortable (again, the alley is your friend)

Once you unlock the ability to set your team preference, PRACTICE THE GHOST! Go up against bots first. The 3D movement can be a bit frustrating when you first jump into it (the added keymapping will help once it's patched in)

Once you toss a trap, unless the ghost is close to it, keep it closed until the ghost is close. Nothing more frustrating than seeing the ghost start to get sucked in and -CLACK- the trap slams shut due to a dead battery.

Always keep an eye on your pack's heat levels.

The PKE Meter tells you everything you need to find the ghost. The screen LEDS swoop down to the right when a ghost is near by (or a haunted object or minion) and will swoop up to the right for rifts and objects containing rifts. Use the stun feature sparingly as it'll knock out it's tracking ability for a little while so it can recharge. Unless you're doing a challenge where you NEED to destroy minions, just toss out your trap. They'll be drawn in and pop a LOT faster than blasting them with the proton stream and won't waste your PKE stun blast.

Tag a ghost... and KEEP tagging it if you're chasing it (I think it's E on PC and clicking the right stick on consoles).

DOn't forget about equipment contracts and side hustles for XP, cosmetics , and equipment upgrades!
Kingpin, One time liked this
Thanks a lot for the advice, I truly appreciate it.

One last question. I like gear to look authentic to the movies. Is it possible to enjoy this game without getting upgrades that change the look of the gear, or would you say that quickly it gets so underpowered that I should just not bother with not upgrading gear?
I feel you there. There's been a LOT of requests for a way to keep the upgrades without changing the look (it'd allow for easy implementation of RGB, EXG, and ATC gear if they did it too), but as of now, not an option.

You certainly CAN opt not to use any of the upgrades as the default gear isn't useless, HOWEVER, you will have a hard time with certain ghost types and players especially when it comes to trapping. Of all the gear, I think the PKE meter is fine to leave stock. The thrower can get range, accuracy, tether strength and speed enhancements, the pack gets better cooling and venting, and the trap gets MUCH better suction strength and battery life.
One time liked this
zeta otaku wrote: November 19th, 2022, 11:07 pm I feel you there. There's been a LOT of requests for a way to keep the upgrades without changing the look (it'd allow for easy implementation of RGB, EXG, and ATC gear if they did it too), but as of now, not an option.

You certainly CAN opt not to use any of the upgrades as the default gear isn't useless, HOWEVER, you will have a hard time with certain ghost types and players especially when it comes to trapping. Of all the gear, I think the PKE meter is fine to leave stock. The thrower can get range, accuracy, tether strength and speed enhancements, the pack gets better cooling and venting, and the trap gets MUCH better suction strength and battery life.

This is something I wish they'd have considered when designing the upgrades. The basic gear should have an overall good or even somewhat above average stats. Egon would have likely realized all these various gear tweaks but opted to go with what gave the pack the most out of everything. Even the 2009 game didn't modify the basic housing of the pack. It just added on top of it. Sure it got a little cluttered, but it still looked like the old pack. So make the basic pack a 6/10 in everything being good at a lot of things but not excelling in any one. Then the parts you'd add on would bring up these stats but then lower or even drastically slow other aspects of the pack. So if you wanted to do one thing really well you'd be poor in others.
One time liked this
VenomSymbiote wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:46 pm
zeta otaku wrote: November 19th, 2022, 11:07 pm I feel you there. There's been a LOT of requests for a way to keep the upgrades without changing the look (it'd allow for easy implementation of RGB, EXG, and ATC gear if they did it too), but as of now, not an option.

This is something I wish they'd have considered when designing the upgrades. The basic gear should have an overall good or even somewhat above average stats. Egon would have likely realized all these various gear tweaks but opted to go with what gave the pack the most out of everything. Even the 2009 game didn't modify the basic housing of the pack. It just added on top of it. Sure it got a little cluttered, but it still looked like the old pack. So make the basic pack a 6/10 in everything being good at a lot of things but not excelling in any one. Then the parts you'd add on would bring up these stats but then lower or even drastically slow other aspects of the pack. So if you wanted to do one thing really well you'd be poor in others.
While I DO agree, I also see why some parts are different... Eddy. He's reverse engineering, improving, and inventing on top of what's already there... and on a budget, but with 2022~ish technology. It's new tech built by a guy who has no connection to the original designers.
zeta otaku wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:31 pm
VenomSymbiote wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:46 pm

While I DO agree, I also see why some parts are different... Eddy. He's reverse engineering, improving, and inventing on top of what's already there... and on a budget, but with 2022~ish technology. It's new tech built by a guy who has no connection to the original designers.
The designs look kind of interesting. It's like they used Cyberpunk type designs to try and match the boxy look of the 80's original designs.

PS: I heard there were ways to "tag" a ghost or other GB's is that right?
jonogunn wrote:Anyone know the voice actor’s name for Voice 8? He sounds insanely familiar. I’m sure I’ve heard him in other animated stuff but I can’t put my finger on it
Is it Crispin Freeman you're thinking of? He does a lot of English dub work on anime (dub voice for Itachi on Naruto for example), video games, and is primarily the voices of Red Arrow/Arsenal/Speedy/Guardian on the DC animated series Young Justice.
jonogunn liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:55 am
jonogunn wrote:Anyone know the voice actor’s name for Voice 8? He sounds insanely familiar. I’m sure I’ve heard him in other animated stuff but I can’t put my finger on it
Is it Crispin Freeman you're thinking of? He does a lot of English dub work on anime (dub voice for Itachi on Naruto for example), video games, and is primarily the voices of Red Arrow/Arsenal/Speedy/Guardian on the DC animated series Young Justice.

Yes! Young Justice is what I was thinking about! Thank you dude
mrmichaelt liked this
TheLoneGhostbuster wrote:Has anyone mined the sound effects from this game yet?
I spent an hour trying to, but unfortunately it's beyond my abilities and I can't spend more time on it right now.

I located where the files were stored, and I was able to find a tool to extract them, but they were encrypted. I believe it requires either reverse engineering the executable to get the decryption key, or reading it out of memory. I followed three separate tutorials on how to do this and all required a lot of prior knowledge which I don't have. I installed 8-10 different tools which are designed for accessing these kinds of game assets, none of them worked (or they wanted me to enter the decryption key in order to proceed).

I won't post any more info than this as it's not appropriate to do so on a public forum.

If someone really wants a particular sound effect (eg for a prop build), maybe they can turn off the music, go into offline mode in the game, find a quiet room with no ghosts/people/footsteps/etc, and record the audio while they trigger the device? Best I can think of right now.
deadderek liked this
One time wrote: December 1st, 2022, 8:19 pm Anyone know what the difference is between Ray's introduction and Ray's introduction (Director's Cut)? On the tv in the firehouse?
I only noticed 2 differences.

1. Ray: But if it were up to me, I'd still be in the thick of it. But it's time for a new generation.

Ray: But if it were up to me, I'd still be in the thick of it.… Spectral Dogs... Free Roaming Vapors... Electro-kinetic Phantom Entities... Class VII Fully Subconscious Possessors! But it's time for a new generation.

2. Catt: Let me guess, the new recruit is there with you? Ray, you gotta let them get to work!

Catt: Let me guess, the new recruit is there with you? And you've mentioned Spectral Dogs at least once already? Ray, you gotta let them get to work!
One time liked this
I noticed a fun little detail while playing. In the Hudson Canyon Lodge, there are some paintings on the wall. One of them (the mansion, as seen in the background of this image, but you might have to zoom in on it) looked really familiar to me, and I'm pretty sure it depicts the Westbury House at Old Westbury Gardens on Long Island (seen here). I pass by there relatively frequently and was just there a few months ago, so it was funny to see it pop up in the game like that.

Does anyone recognize what's in the other painting? I'm guessing it's probably also a real place, but I'm not sure where.
mrmichaelt liked this
DancingToaster's post also helped bring an Aaron Winnenberg's artstation to my attention. On Halloween, he posted environment designs for all levels, the Firehouse, Ray's Occult, and Ghost Realm.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/yJrrL3
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/JeYY2A
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nEkkKO
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QnQQvl
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4XGGZk
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/vJkkva
DancingToaster wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 9:32 pm I noticed a fun little detail while playing. In the Hudson Canyon Lodge, there are some paintings on the wall. One of them (the mansion, as seen in the background of this image, but you might have to zoom in on it) looked really familiar to me, and I'm pretty sure it depicts the Westbury House at Old Westbury Gardens on Long Island (seen here). I pass by there relatively frequently and was just there a few months ago, so it was funny to see it pop up in the game like that.
Very cool! That makes some sense. Presumably Hudson Canyon Lodge is near the southern point of Hudson River and Long Island.
Kingpin, DancingToaster liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 3:56 pmVery cool! That makes some sense. Presumably Hudson Canyon Lodge is near the southern point of Hudson River and Long Island.
It does seem intended to have the look and feel of the lodges that can be found in the Hudson Valley. I'm guessing it's not located in the "real" Hudson Canyon, which is apparently an underwater canyon about 100 miles southeast of NYC (never heard of that before, but you learn something new every day :) ). Perhaps they used the "canyon" name so that it wouldn't potentially be confused with an existing location.

And yes! Aaron Winnenberg's ArtStation was another fun discovery.
mrmichaelt liked this
It is true that you learn something new every day. Whether it's useful or not that's the question. Unrelated I probably forgot that the ghost in the no ghost logo actually had a name, I always assumed it was Casper. I'm working on the Ecto One afterlife lego kit and that little bit of info was on the page for the door instructions.

Just today I had discovered you can shoot the paintings in the lodge gaining access to a hidden room. I haven't been playing lately due to the RC research is proving frustrating to freaking complete. I'm still having the issues of trappings not getting counted, aside from freezing issues.
timeware wrote: December 4th, 2022, 3:32 am It is true that you learn something new every day. Whether it's useful or not that's the question. Unrelated I probably forgot that the ghost in the no ghost logo actually had a name, I always assumed it was Casper. I'm working on the Ecto One afterlife lego kit and that little bit of info was on the page for the door instructions.

Just today I had discovered you can shoot the paintings in the lodge gaining access to a hidden room. I haven't been playing lately due to the RC research is proving frustrating to freaking complete. I'm still having the issues of trappings not getting counted, aside from freezing issues.
A lot of the tracking issues with different equipment and cosmetic challenges will be fixed in the upcoming Quality of Life patch coming... soon (which is business jargon for sometime between the time you finish reading this and the heat death of the universe).
One time liked this
zeta otaku wrote: December 4th, 2022, 6:43 am A lot of the tracking issues with different equipment and cosmetic challenges will be fixed in the upcoming Quality of Life patch coming... soon (which is business jargon for sometime between the time you finish reading this and the heat death of the universe).
I would hazard a guess sometime in the next few weeks, that way they can also sneak in the Christmas holiday themes like they did with Halloween. Actually, I'm curious if multiple denominations will be included in addition like Hanukkah of Kwanzaa.
Kingpin liked this
I wonder if they might announce a dlc roadmap or drop a surprise new map along with the patch.

I say this because it seems unlikely they'd announce the contents of the patch unless they were confident these features would make it (ie. done and ready to go), and so a further delay suggests there may be more? Speculation, of course. Could just be bug testing or take their time reworking the equipment stats screen.
Details on the first DLC coming 1st quarter 2023 (4 quarterly DLCs are planned): a new map called The Facility, new character customization, and a new ghost to battle/play as: Muncher!
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2022/12/06 ... oming-dlc/
Expected to release in quarter one of 2023, the first free DLC pack will give players access to The Facility, with an official press release providing the map with a bit of a back story:

“The Facility closed for good in the late 1980s and has been recently purchased by a private investor group, who have plans to renovate and reopen the facility. Unfortunately for them, it’s being plagued by ghostly activity, and construction crews refuse to enter this haunted health center.“

Design Director Jordan Mathewson shares what makes playing this map unique, saying:

“The look that this play space is worn by time gives the players a unique feeling compared to our current job locations [maps]. Construction workers are civilians and have begun a restoration of this facility that has uncovered why it was abandoned in the first place. Varied corridors combined with medium-sized rooms are built stacked up to provide a unique, more intimate gameplay experience with a creepier aesthetic. There will be some interesting ways to utilize these new areas in this map to each player’s, Ghostbuster or Ghost, advantage. We will share more soon!”
Kingpin liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]