For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Another interview with Chuck and Jordan, this time with the folks at Shacknews: Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed - RGB Fan Reception, Updates & The Challenges of Balance
mrmichaelt, deadderek liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 12:43 pm
mrmichaelt wrote: February 21st, 2023, 5:54 pm
A social platform that official sites sometimes use. Illfonic has one for this game where bug reports, bug updates, patches, suggestions are posted. One of the best places to get your voice heard by them:
https://discord.com/channels/1031602648 ... 2338105384

or email them at gbsu-support@illfonic.com
Not gunna lie, I have no idea what Discord is, but thank you for the link.
It's chatrooms.
You suppose there's any chance Illfonic would have the budget to hire the real and extreme ghostsbusters casts to voice sets in character? I'd love to hear Maurice LaMarche do animated Egon again. Even if its for canned lines like "Did you know ghosts are more scared if you than you are of them? " "Wasn't in there." etc.
You can find someone who sounds close enough. Or pull their voices right out of the cartoons if they get permission to do it. I don't think they'll be doing any cross overs other then equipment , and cosmetic styles. It's not going to take players long to figure out how to make custom avatars of the Extreme cast once that happens.

It would be a fun event to have the voice actors play the game as their own characters on twitch, or other streaming services.
Bison256 wrote: March 27th, 2023, 6:56 pm You suppose there's any chance Illfonic would have the budget to hire the real and extreme ghostsbusters casts to voice sets in character? I'd love to hear Maurice LaMarche do animated Egon again. Even if its for canned lines like "Did you know ghosts are more scared if you than you are of them? " "Wasn't in there." etc.
I'm sure I heard some where that Maurice LaMarche has "retired" is Egon voice out of respect to Harold Ramis.
deadderek liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: March 27th, 2023, 9:57 pm
Bison256 wrote: March 27th, 2023, 6:56 pm You suppose there's any chance Illfonic would have the budget to hire the real and extreme ghostsbusters casts to voice sets in character? I'd love to hear Maurice LaMarche do animated Egon again. Even if its for canned lines like "Did you know ghosts are more scared if you than you are of them? " "Wasn't in there." etc.
I'm sure I heard some where that Maurice LaMarche has "retired" is Egon voice out of respect to Harold Ramis.
I don't think that's true, a quick google brought up a podcast from a year ago of him doing that voice among others.
It would be more likely that they get permission to use audio soundbites from pre-existing episodes for one liners. Or riff on episodes into mini stories for the game. That'd probably be more cost effective than hiring the cast - as cool as that would be.
Bison256 wrote: April 9th, 2023, 4:23 pm
jonogunn wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 6:26 pm

I’m jonogunn. Playing on ps5
I sent the request a while back.
Oh sorry what’s your user name? I play on ps5 so it’s hard to add ppl on epic. I basically have to do it in fall guys and I didn’t realize the requests were ghostbusters guys
it's an intentional design element. The Ghostbusters have the tools to hunt down the ghost, meanwhile, the ghost needs to be in 3rd person to better navigate in 3D space and give it a bit more situational awareness to avoid the Ghostbusters and hunt for civilians.

If you need help, the official discord is full of helpful, experienced players to give advice and assistance.
Kingpin liked this
Winston1986 wrote: April 11th, 2023, 2:56 pm I asked my parents to get me this game for Christmas and I suck at it. The first person aspect of the game makes it harder for me. I can't trap ghosts as well as in the old X-Box 360 game.
For me the hardest thing to adjust to was that you can't throw out a trap while using the thrower in spirits unleashed while you could in the 2009 game.
Arch27 liked this
zeta otaku wrote: Speculation is either end of this month or sometime in May.
Yeah, like in January, a few days of posts like these then they went into full detail about it in the Wednesday live stream on Twitch so DLC 2 would likely drop between April 30 to May 2 based on the lead up to DLC 1.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]