For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Had an interesting bug in one of my matches tonight, the ghost didn't load properly in the Clock Tower Pub, leading to the other players having no way to bust it (it didn't even show up in the ending cutscene).

Sadly, despite the missing ghost presenting me with the opportunity to get another of the challenges/achievements, the timer ran out before I could find the last two of the 30 fungi in the level. :(
mrmichaelt wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 7:11 pm
jonogunn wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 6:17 pm I found myself not playing this game much... :(
Why's that? Too repetitious for you? No free time lately?
Not repetitiveness because all I play are repetitive games (warzone, street fighter, nhl).

I find it lacking in something maybe in skill/competitiveness.

I find a lot of videos on how to play as a ghost because it does require a lot of skill. But I never find videos on how to play as a buster and I think because there isn't much to playing as one in terms of skill. I don't mean that it's easy to win when playing as a buster I mean it's limited in what you can do.

I only want to play because well...it's freakin' ghostbusters

For those of you who play with a coordinated team of friends are you able to outskill a really skilled ghost player?
mrmichaelt liked this
Some rounds with the ghost are getting to the point where the player is too good, or you start thinking someone is hacking the game. My biggest gripe is it's taking forever to level up the trap to unlock the RCT options.

When playing with random people everyone fights to get the bust or capture. I really would like to see everyone gaining experience with a successful bust to help level up the trap. Maybe Illfonic is already looking into that?
jonogunn wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 9:51 pm For those of you who play with a coordinated team of friends are you able to outskill a really skilled ghost player?
Speaking of, I've heard there's someone who plays Infernal or Wraith who's been pwning busters left and right and always escaping the trap cones. Not sure if it's true but I'm curious if to take really skilled ghost players it would take a coordinated effort of busters along with just the right customizations geared towards slowing down a ghost, strong tethers, stronger Trap power like with a trap customized with the aperture or supercharger and several with their throwers with the quantum accelerator and ionic reverser equipped.
Solo queueing with bots or randoms vs a good ghost player… good luck!

A coordinated team is essential. And this involves having dedicated stunners, tether players and trappers so you don’t tread on each others toes.

Having said that it’s still lots of fun to play and grind. I took a week off for modern warfare but I have no doubt I will keep playing SU for a few years.
mrmichaelt liked this
it's a fun game, I'd like to see another DLC short storyline that requires a team.

I'll probably be playing this off and on until Killer Klowns comes out.
Man I must really suck as ghost because I got bodied by busters all the time. They usually have my rifts destroyed within the first few minutes and then I'm left getting stun locked from PKE's while trying to do anything. I've seen people say the Infernal ghouly is really good but his unique takes forever to explode and the ultimate can be tether canceled making it a glorified timer button.
VenomSymbiote wrote: November 7th, 2022, 2:38 pm Man I must really suck as ghost because I got bodied by busters all the time. They usually have my rifts destroyed within the first few minutes and then I'm left getting stun locked from PKE's while trying to do anything. I've seen people say the Infernal ghouly is really good but his unique takes forever to explode and the ultimate can be tether canceled making it a glorified timer button.
A lot of it can depend on who you're playing against. The team I beat last night wasted a lot of time looking for me instead of searching for and destroying my rifts. By the time they destroyed the last of them (I think they did, anyway... It might've survived until the sudden death period nuked it), my haunt was above 95%.

It's a bit of a luck of the draw, but hopefully you'll encounter some less experienced players... Failing that, look for an immediate escape route, and hit that button as quickly as you can to break their tethers.
Alright so it's not just me then. I haven't unlocked the RTV yet but I have the research to do so. I've noticed that for quite a few matches where I ended up capturing the ghost it doesn't give out credit. I'm hoping that if enough people take notice Illfonic will grant group experience when it comes to trapping.

(I don't care about the rest of the equipment, that's easy enough to upgrade )
I bought and played this game. I don't really like it. It feels like an arcade game with Ghostbusters skins. It feels disjointed to me, there is no story. There are hundreds of Ghostbusters in the game and it feels like you don't matter.

I'm sure many people like it but for me GBTVG feels more like a movie than this free for all, go where you want, do what you want without a clear story. One moment you are a ghostbuster, the next moment you are a ghost. Without any explanation. It's a fun game though.
Looks like the next patch will have a LOT of QOL updates which is nice

- PKE stuns are getting decreased in effectiveness,
-ghost speed after a stun/tether break is getting increased.
-I THINK it'll be given more of a ecto charge now so it can do more before needing to recharge in an object.
-Ecto goggles are getting a battery and visual reduction.
-Radar puck detection radius is being increased.

Tether and trap escaping are changing. More time to escape, but buttons will be randomized.
-Ghost abilities get a time refund if they're canceled by a stun or tether
-minions getting a bit of a buff. will attack civilians more effectively and spawn faster

-a few nerfs to seeker orbs and shriek ability

-Rifts getting MORE health (but fracture damage increased)
-working on making rift spawn locations more random
-increasing the room haunt and health regen of rifts. If the ghost detonates the rift, it'll do more % of a room haunt

-reducing detection range of the ghost slightly
-ecto vision buffed slightly

-you can change your nametag if you want to some defaults
-equipment stat read out is getting a more readable layout (not sure if that's gonna be THIS patch or something they're working on)
mrmichaelt liked this
Wow and here I thought the ghost was OP. A decent ghost can position themselves to easily break tethers by going around corners, staying in between objects or flying high up.

guess they didn’t address the sprinting issues I had. That to me was a major quality of life adjustment needed and a big turn off for me.
SpaceBallz liked this
jonogunn wrote: November 18th, 2022, 6:55 pm Wow and here I thought the ghost was OP. A decent ghost can position themselves to easily break tethers by going around corners, staying in between objects or flying high up.

guess they didn’t address the sprinting issues I had. That to me was a major quality of life adjustment needed and a big turn off for me.
Jordan was just looking at the list of updates in the patch and giving a preview of what's coming. He said the full list will accompany the patch. Based on all that, there's could be other things he didn't mention in the twitch livestream today.
My only gripe with the ghost while you're the buster is that the stun doesn't last very long as it is. So now they'll decrease the time limit on the PKE stun? To make things fair they better be decreasing the recharge time on the PKE meter after you stun it. So at this point what's the point of having the stun as an option if it's nerfed to being useless?

It would be nice if the next update includes a lot of new cosmetics. I'm looking forward to being able to change my nametag.
Yeah, the name tag this is neat and I wish we could enter our own, but it's either our gamertag or a list of presets that are unlocked through leveling or side hustles.

I'm fine with the stun being reduced slightly. A coordinated team can bully a ghost PRETTY hard as is. I was playing as the ghost with 3 friends and a random. They knocked me down to a single rift, trapped me, and as I emerged from the last rift, I was chain stunned for a minute. One stun would go off, then another JUST as the first stun wore off, then ANOTHER, and ANOTHER... by then the first GB had their stun back and the cycle continued until the random player kicked out the trap. I literally couldn't do anything until I broke free from the random's trap pull and zipped off.

That said, I don't think these changes they have planned will break the game and a couple of the ghost abilities ARE getting nerfed a bit, so it's not just one side getting buffed or nerfed. It's good to know that they're reading and taking note of what we want and our gripes as well as metrics from the game itself to see what's happening.

ALSO YAY KEYMAPPING!
Just a random thought, does anyone think the default name tags will have the OG's last names on them? I'm also kind of thinking that maybe they'll do a ranking system. Noob, Rookie, Pro? Noob is what you start off with, Rookie is what you earn after receiving the prototype uniform, and pro could be earned by how many matches you've played.

Rookie would be a nice nod to the 2009 game.

If you play as a ghost they could have you earn an Ecto-1, or spirit themed name tag. What would really be nice if they can find out if PC players are using mods. Label those who cheat as Hackers, or Walter.
jonogunn wrote:Wow and here I thought the ghost was OP. A decent ghost can position themselves to easily break tethers by going around corners, staying in between objects or flying high up.

If you have an organised team you can absolutely pummel a ghost though right? I've had a team just on top of me the whole time. They must be looking at data rather than anecdotes and basing balancing around that, which... is probably the best way to go about it at this stage. It'll be a constant refining process, so if they go too far with buffs / nerfs they'll look at how best to counter it.

Jordan clearly knows the mechanics inside out and takes the competitiveness seriously.

Realistically they won't be able to support the game forever (though I expect at least a year of patches and content, and it'll probably go GP/FTP at some point which will keep it alive longer).
When the team moves on I hope the Ghostbusters community show respect for the devs moreso than the Predator HG community are doing.
mrmichaelt liked this
jonogunn wrote: November 18th, 2022, 6:55 pm Wow and here I thought the ghost was OP. A decent ghost can position themselves to easily break tethers by going around corners, staying in between objects or flying high up.

Dude a level 85 super saiyan slimer (literally, he was shiny and gold) wiped our butts with the floor one evening. We're level 30s.
Realistically they won't be able to support the game forever (though I expect at least a year of patches and content, and it'll probably go GP/FTP at some point which will keep it alive longer).
When the team moves on I hope the Ghostbusters community show respect for the devs moreso than the Predator HG community are doing.
They could be playing it smart and having everything in working order before unveiling the season pass, and any DLC content. How are they keeping up with the Evil Dead game so far? I'm legit surprised we haven't seen anyone playing with Bruce Campbell avatars. I was in a few matches with Mario and Luigi.
timeware wrote: November 19th, 2022, 3:24 pm
They could be playing it smart and having everything in working order before unveiling the season pass, and any DLC content. How are they keeping up with the Evil Dead game so far? I'm legit surprised we haven't seen anyone playing with Bruce Campbell avatars. I was in a few matches with Mario and Luigi.
Yes, Jordan's wording seems to imply the patches are done in the vein of tweaking the movie to of course fix bugs but also to find a balance of power between the ghosts and Ghostbusters before adding anything totally new in bulk like the DLC. It's promising that they're definitely listening to player feedback for the most part.

True, it can't last forever. The couple releases definitely stopped at x point in time after release like the remastered version of The Video Game or Ghostbusters World. The latter, yes a mobile game but, ran for a good 2 years (October 2018 to August 2020). It will be pretty sweet that 2 GB games will be running at the same time in a couple months, this one and that VR Rise of the Ghost Lord one.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]