For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Well, I did quit for now. Day 1 player and the game is practically unplayable after the patch. Batteries of trap and goggles are drained in no time, bugs everywhere. I consider it broken right now. Illfonic pretend they are in touch with you and crave your feedback, but the same bugs and errors from day one are still there.
Ecto24601 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 12:38 pm Well, I did quit for now. Day 1 player and the game is practically unplayable after the patch. Batteries of trap and goggles are drained in no time, bugs everywhere. I consider it broken right now. Illfonic pretend they are in touch with you and crave your feedback, but the same bugs and errors from day one are still there.
That's sad to hear. And the fact that most of them have gone on holiday break implies it's not being resolved soon. But you've reported that the same problems from day 1 are present in the game to them on their discord or elsewhere?
The game is definitely more difficult post-patch. My old habits don't work anymore and I've had to adjust, but I'm still enjoying the game... I just hate that I have to use the Thruster on my pack as I think it's stupid, but Ghoulies are otherwise FAR too fast and difficult to corner otherwise. I honestly feel they OVER corrected and we'll see the pendulum swing the other way and bring the balance in closer.

I'm not discounting anyone's bad experiences with the game, just sharing my personal opinion. I definitely think that if you're NOT enjoying the game as is, step away and come back after the New Year when we get another balance pass.
mrmichaelt, Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
I think the problem with balancing these types of games around top level play (and I’ve seen it with games like Siege) is that… what balances for a coordinated and mic’d team of Busters, makes them game more difficult and less enjoyable for average joe on console queueing with random team mates or silent AI.

My personal take is that Spirits Unleashed probably isn’t going to be a breakout assymetric PvP competitive hit (just because that is very difficult to achieve no comment on the quality of the game itself) , so it makes sense that the balancing caters to the community, rather than the top level players. Maybe offer a Ranked mode with a different ruleset for the top teams to compete in, and let casual be a bit easier for less organised players. But then you split the playerbase which isn’t a good idea either.

I also think the potential is there for a less challenging game mode with more conventional PvE structure with AI ghosts and no rifts - where the Busters must clear an stage of say… 3 AI ghosts. This mode could have unique AI enemies & boss battles. But then what would the fail state be etc.

Let’s see what the team come up with.
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on December 21st, 2022, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: December 20th, 2022, 3:40 pm
Ecto24601 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 12:38 pm Well, I did quit for now. Day 1 player and the game is practically unplayable after the patch. Batteries of trap and goggles are drained in no time, bugs everywhere. I consider it broken right now. Illfonic pretend they are in touch with you and crave your feedback, but the same bugs and errors from day one are still there.
That's sad to hear. And the fact that most of them have gone on holiday break implies it's not being resolved soon. But you've reported that the same problems from day 1 are present in the game to them on their discord or elsewhere?
Twitter. Yeah I was not expecting a personal reply, but there must be more people telling them that since day 1 (on PS5) I'm told to press square instead of circle to un-slime myself. Maybe that's just in the German localized version but then again, this has been sitting there without correction. It drove me nuts in my first matches until out of desperation I tried the other buttons.

And I'm a competitive gamer, I like challenges and don't mind difficulties at all. But they already put in stages of difficulty with the different classes of ghosts. Now however I can barely win a fight against the Ectoplast class. It's totally unbalanced.
mrmichaelt liked this
I don't mind challenges, I can do without the impossbilities. Until the freezing is addressed I'm forced to take a break.
A, its not fair to abandon a team during match. B it is unbalanced as you said right now. They have to fix the trapping not getting counted. Still have that issue.
This game has a lot of potential. I hope illfonic doesn't waste it.
Spectregater wrote:I was really hoping to see the firehouse decked out for Christmas!
That is strange. I thought they hinted another one was coming soon. Maybe they were hinting at New Years? Or that bug that caused the temp removal of the easter eggs in the Firehouse is related to Christmas themed material not appearing?
zeta otaku wrote: December 24th, 2022, 6:07 pm The easter egg removal was a mistake on their part (they admitted as much). Hopefully we get SOMETHING when they get back to the offices on the 2nd, but at this point? I don't see us getting the GB2 Santa hats or anything else until the snow suit/muncher/map DLC drop
Ah, yes, that's right. During one of the livestreams that was said. Well, maybe there's a slight chance it might still happen in a few hours... or yeah, with the first DLC.
zeta otaku wrote: December 24th, 2022, 6:48 pm At this point, I'm FINE with it dropping with the DLC. I don't want the devs working on their break... unless the servers catch fire or something... but not for something as trivial as santa hats.
You don’t want devs working on the break??? What is this non-toxic gamer comment?!??
Kingpin liked this
I was waiting to play on a current system bit only 2 games I wanted on them not worth it.

Friday I bought a series s and this. Came Saturday been playing over and over. I love this game so much. As someone let down by current by current gb stuff , didn't like afterlife , idw comics ended , etc... I am so happy I love this so much.
The story feels like it could be continuing from the video game which is awesome. Some bugs logging in sometimes but overall thos games a complete blast to play.
Absolutely playable. There are still glitches and you'll run into the occasional player who will ruin the fun by exploiting some glitches, BUT you can just leave that game lobby without penalty and queue up another.

The game is a LOT of fun and I've been playing it almost daily since launch. It helps having teammates on mic... just remember, it's proximity chat.
Kingpin, One time liked this
jonogunn wrote: December 28th, 2022, 3:09 am Do any of you guys got a regular group going or just solo queuing up?
It varies, a number of my fellow franchise-members and I get a game in usually once a week, maybe twice, and other times I play with strangers online. I very rarely play the offline/AI mode... If I do, it's mostly if either if the matchmaking is taking forever, or if I have some challenges left to do and there's been some asshole players who've left me not wanting to play online.
Is everyone using their board names or? I wonder how I'd recognise people if I saw them in a game. I once had a Kingpin in the team but it was a Kingpin1265 (or 4 random numbers behind the name that I can't remember now).

Maybe we could have a list of members to screen names? Or the player counts are so high it's an impossibly slim chance of meeting anyone in game.
Last edited by One time on January 2nd, 2023, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One time wrote: December 28th, 2022, 1:15 pm Is everyone using their board names or? I wonder how I'd recognise people if I saw them in a game. I once had a Kingpin in the team but it was a Kingpin1265 (or 4 random numbers behind the name that I can't remember now).

My in game patch is [redacted].

Maybe we could have a list of members to screen names? Or the player counts are so high it's an impossibly slim chance of meeting anyone in game.
Mine is the same: jonogunn.

There won’t be any other jonogunn’s out there so if u run into one it’s me.

I’m on ps5 if anyone wants to add me
Last edited by jonogunn on January 12th, 2023, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeta otaku wrote: December 27th, 2022, 11:24 pm Absolutely playable. There are still glitches and you'll run into the occasional player who will ruin the fun by exploiting some glitches, BUT you can just leave that game lobby without penalty and queue up another.

The game is a LOT of fun and I've been playing it almost daily since launch. It helps having teammates on mic... just remember, it's proximity chat.
To add to this if you voice you'll want to edit volume in settings. I'm on xbox for this and when I do music , sound effects etc down as everything really drowns out the voices in the headset I find.

Good thing too it's cross play so everyone here can play together fine but it's tricky. You need epic games launcher on pc or a direct link to their profile or if you don't have those you need to launch a game l8ke fortnite or rocket leauge and add friends.

To test this I opened up fortnite searched for jonogunn as he posted his name and said ps5 so I know diffrent system. Sent friend request.

A pain in the ass workaround but once you've done it you can play with anyone here on any system
So I went Tenure, which I'm glad I did because I now have a challenge again, but I'm curious and I apologise if this has been asked. But the contracts I unlocked before hand still show a green tick but are locked. As I relevel again will I just get those back or do I need to redo those contracts?
Cosmetic side hustles stay unlocked. What relocks are any upgrades for the hardware and the fungus collection.

In theory.

I tenured and I was at lvl 11, my gear didn't reset nor did my fungus... so, I'm leveling the long and hard way doing any side hustles I didn't already complete and just raw XP.
SSJmole wrote: January 1st, 2023, 10:17 am
zeta otaku wrote: December 27th, 2022, 11:24 pm Absolutely playable. There are still glitches and you'll run into the occasional player who will ruin the fun by exploiting some glitches, BUT you can just leave that game lobby without penalty and queue up another.

To add to this if you voice you'll want to edit volume in settings. I'm on xbox for this and when I do music , sound effects etc down as everything really drowns out the voices in the headset I find.

Good thing too it's cross play so everyone here can play together fine but it's tricky. You need epic games launcher on pc or a direct link to their profile or if you don't have those you need to launch a game l8ke fortnite or rocket leauge and add friends.

To test this I opened up fortnite searched for jonogunn as he posted his name and said ps5 so I know diffrent system. Sent friend request.

A pain in the ass workaround but once you've done it you can play with anyone here on any system
The difficulty to add friends cross platform is definitely a pain in this game.

I had to accept your friend request through Fall Guys on PS5.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]