For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
If you have a newer PC you should be able to play it just fine. Most PC's have access to X Box, or X Box game pass. The new X box controllers can link up to your PC without a USB Port so that's a plus now.

Yeah most games made now do require an internet connection. Most newer games no longer have cheat codes built in anymore it's all in app purchases now. God, I miss free cheat codes.
mrmichaelt liked this
zeta otaku wrote: October 14th, 2022, 5:41 am Didn't they say the weekend? Or was that specifically for their footage?
12 hours ago, Jason tweeted this:
"Get ready! Tons of Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed content is headed your way starting tomorrow!"
https://twitter.com/GBNewsdotcom/status ... 4380647425
Absolutely love the intro! Now we just wait 5 minutes for people to start melting down over arguments about canon.
That's what I'm going with. It's in it's own timeline set after Afterlife.

A brief tour of the firehouse:

Okay... and now, with full permission from the devs, Ghostbusters News has released ALL the cutscenes from the game which also gives away the full plot.

Click at your own risk!
zeta otaku wrote: October 14th, 2022, 1:41 pm That's what I'm going with. It's in it's own timeline set after Afterlife.

Okay... and now, with full permission from the devs, Ghostbusters News has released ALL the cutscenes from the game which also gives away the full plot.

Click at your own risk!
This Post Contains Spoilers
There's several live streams on Twitch and YouTube with people who have early access copies.
SpaceBallz wrote: October 14th, 2022, 5:27 pm
zeta otaku wrote: October 14th, 2022, 1:41 pm That's what I'm going with. It's in it's own timeline set after Afterlife.

Click at your own risk!
Really pleased with how this is shaping up so switched to digital preorder.

Worth noting Sony has played wisely with promotion and selected review outlets that will likely give favourable early impressions. Least complimentary were Kotaku. This could change when the reviews from major gaming critics drop. But I’ve seen all I need - I trust Illfonic and this looks great. I’m very excited for the potential dlc and season pass content. Hopefully this will be announced shortly after launch.

Only negative so far is no confirmation of Real Ghostbusters PKE meter. I will sell my left nut to buy that as DLC please Illfonic.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: October 15th, 2022, 6:38 am Really pleased with how this is shaping up so switched to digital preorder.

Worth noting Sony has played wisely with promotion and selected review outlets that will likely give favourable early impressions. Least complimentary were Kotaku. This could change when the reviews from major gaming critics drop. But I’ve seen all I need - I trust Illfonic and this looks great. I’m very excited for the potential dlc and season pass content. Hopefully this will be announced shortly after launch.

Only negative so far is no confirmation of Real Ghostbusters PKE meter. I will sell my left nut to buy that as DLC please Illfonic.
Yeah, I'm with you on wanting to hide the cosmetics and it MIGHT be an option we can select that hasn't been shown off yet. That said, a LOT of the add-on gear for the pack resembles some custom build packs I've seen in the past and I'm actually REALLY liking the side grip that's shown on a couple of the thrower upgrades (it has me considering rebuilding my new thrower). The visuals may just be there so other players can glance at your pack and know what upgrades you have equipped... though that doesn't mean they CAN'T have the option to turn off visual upgrades for yourself.

As for the reviews, I ignore Kotaku for everything. YEARS ago they were decent, but have completely torpedoed their credibility for me. If you want to get honest opinions, watch some streamers and their physical reactions. I was watching a few yesterday and last night and you could tell they were genuinely enjoying the experiences (except for one idiot who was actually mad he couldn't screw with people by shooting them or interrupting their ghost wrangling... screw them and their opinions).

What I DO like is that while there are a lot of upgrades, you can't equip them all. it seems like most have positives and negatives (stronger stream, but faster overheat or a wider trap cone but faster battery drain). I'm also thankful for the game's built in voice chat system. Makes cross play MUCH easier.
Kingpin liked this
Okay, been watching a LOT of streams learning as much as I can about the game and I'll share what I can about the MECHANICS... nothing story related, I promise. Anyway, here we go:

- There are several types of XP. Players rank up from doing things (busting, collecting fungus, etc) and you unlock different cosmetics at different levels. Gear levels up from successfully using it. Your pack and thrower will level up the fastest. To rank up your trap XP, you need to successfully trap ghosts in your own trap (or you get MORE for your trap... not 100% sure on this) and your PKE needs you to successfully stun a ghost or destroy minions. XP CAN be gained in private matches as well as public matches.

- ghost busting is MUCH more hectic and faster than the 2009 game. Your pack will over heat faster, the ghosts can break free of a tether (more streams on him WILL make it harder), and they can even escape from being sucked into a trap. The trap also has a limited life span once it's open. The battery will drain quick, even with the battery upgrade. Do NOT forget your trap. Always pick it up after tossing it out. If you lose track of it or the ghost smashes it, you can resupply at the tech cart you wheel in at the beginning of each level.

- each ghost class has at least 3 variations. Each class has strengths and weaknesses while the variations have unique ultimate attacks and slightly different stats. The variants unlock at different levels of the base ghost type. The ghost types do NOT play the same. Some are better at offense, some defense.

- GET THE RIFTS! For every rift left at the end game reduces the final time by 15 seconds... unless all 3 are left, then it chops off 75 seconds leaving 10 seconds to capture the ghost. Also... try closing rifts from a distance. When they close, they explode and knock you to the ground.

- Not sure if this bears mentioning, but, ghosts can move and hide rifts... which they should do early. The starting locations are always in something obvious like a bust on the floor or an out of place book in a bathroom.

- Maps are fairly large. I don't think anyone is going to get bored chasing ghosts in these levels as each time is a unique experience.

- No way to hide the visuals of gear upgrades. Hopefully that feature is added in a future patch.

- there are challenges you can complete for extra XP

- When shooting a rift, a marker will show up for everyone... you can also tag the ghost or direction to inform the other players. There IS in game voice chat, but the visual marker will help.

- When starting, you won't be able to set your preference of Ghostbuster or ghost. You'll need to complete the second chapter of the story to do that.

- Nothing appears to be overpowered on the GB side. Some of the ghosts have some POWERFUL attacks, but they also have a cooldown. Be careful when chasing in a full group. Also, make sure to make it clear WHICH trap you're dragging it to. Last thing you wanna do is fight each other AND the ghost.

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]