For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
I'm the wait until the last minute kind of guy. You know, what the hell. I just bought the X Box series S version. Since they didn't want to include a digital copy with the physical version, or inform us if one was going to be available, I just saved about 40 bucks. Has anyone tried changing their console clocks yet? I changed my system settings to New Zealand and got to to play 2k22 even earlier.
deadderek liked this
It's only another 13 hours until launch... I can wait... I'm patient...

These are lies I'm telling myself.

Been watching a TON of different streamers giving this game a go and I love it. Seeing a successful trapping makes me smile. Definitely learned some strategies for both busting and haunting.
ProtonGame wrote: October 17th, 2022, 8:07 pm
jonogunn wrote: October 17th, 2022, 7:58 pm How is Jason at ghostbusters news playing already?
It's a review copy.
Yah sorry I knew he had one. He ‘s doing a launch stream right now and I assumed it meant that he’s playing the official launch version. My bad.
Just got on. Seems to be a bit of a mess on PS4, sadly. Characters mouths aren't opening when they speak, online can't connect and there's jagged alias lines all over the place. Hoping that the update it is downloading might fix some of this, but it's a bit of a sad start for me. Nice to potter around the firehouse, though.

EDIT: Update has fixed most of the issues! What a rollercoaster!
Last edited by robbritton on October 18th, 2022, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am loving the game.
It’s extremely fun playing as the ghost.
There’s a solid foundation here, it could use at least double the amount of levels and a few more ghosts and game modes. Alas not sure it will get this support, but it’s a strong and positive first impression.

Not quite as fun being a buster, mind you. But I haven’t played in a team with comms yet.

Oh and agree with the comments the game could use a compass/minimap.

Any idea how to “ping” a ghost as a ghostbuster?
I'm playing the PC version and even though my system specs are well above the recommended system requirements for the game I am getting some bad stuttering. Sigh.

I found out that it isn't just my PC that's doing it. This YT vid of someone else playing the PC version has the same kind of stutters:

Go to 31:15 and you'll see what I mean.

This game is unoptimized as hell, unfortunately. It's yet another Unreal Engine 4 game that stutters for the first couple of hours while playing it because of shader compilation and then after those first couple of hours the game is smooth. However, I really don't feel like playing that long just to smooth the game out lol.
Last edited by Kingpin on October 19th, 2022, 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
Possessed Sony Discman

So it turns out you can give power via ANY channel[…]

New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]